Disrespect for teachers (2 Viewers)

HSC
Uni Grad
I think it's a problem with teachers now these days. Those who enter teaching today seem to look at the commercial aspect of it (the money, holidays and strikes to obtain MORE money) rather than the job itself.

If you're going to become a teacher, do not look so much at the commercial aspect of it, because you're only going to make the system worse (than what it's like already with new teachers).
Fuck I hope your trolling / don't seriously believe this.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
I think it's a problem with teachers now these days. Those who enter teaching today seem to look at the commercial aspect of it (the money, holidays and strikes to obtain MORE money) rather than the job itself.

If you're going to become a teacher, do not look so much at the commercial aspect of it, because you're only going to make the system worse (than what it's like already with new teachers).
what are you on about? teachers are paid terrible for the shit they put up with.

i had some terrible and some wonderful teachers in highschool. there were those who had the i-still-get-paid-whether-you-learn-or-not attitude and there were others who would be completely devastated if you didn't do as well as you could have in an assessment.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
So many fuckin retarded kids in this thread.

Sure there might be the odd few fuckwit teachers, but the amount of fuckwit students outnumber them 10:1 (both absolutely and relatively).

Your teacher can't teach? Have a cry and teach it yourself. You're paying what, 400-500 a year for school? Well uni is 500+ PER SUBJECT and if your lecturer/tutor is shit, TOUGH LUCK.

As if expect them to treat you as adults when all you do is whinge about them
True :)

To be entirely honest, I don't understand why a teacher would complain about students being disrespectful on a forum full of students, and not expect them to be disrespectful.
Yep, logic? I don't think 'Doreen' learned that at teachers' college.

I pay about...

$50 a year in my senior years. Not including excursions or what my school calls "book packs".

I also have no bad teachers (teaching me, that is) and our resources are pretty decent.

Public school rools.
Gotta love free education :)

HSC
Uni Grad
what are you on about? teachers are paid terrible for the shit they put up with.

i had some terrible and some wonderful teachers in highschool. there were those who had the i-still-get-paid-whether-you-learn-or-not attitude and there were others who would be completely devastated if you didn't do as well as you could have in an assessment.
Well I do have to admit that the students can be a pain in the neck as well (as what I mentioned from my other post), but sometimes teachers really do have to deal with it. They don't have much choice but teach them because it's the law for every child to receive an education, no matter how much shit they have to deal with (unless if it's extremely serious, e.g. a student who based a teacher or some shit like that).

HSC
Uni Grad
I was just loling at the ways in which a student would literally 'base' a teacher.

Fuck my brain's silly.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I was just loling at the ways in which a student would literally 'base' a teacher.

Fuck my brain's silly.
Indeed XD

I loved my senior high school teachers as they were awesome. Although, i did despise basically most of my religion teachers and any other teacher that had the thinking capacity of a table.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
teachers are hard working? what planet do you live on?

teachers are generally shady bastards who do nothing all day and are just putting in the bare minimum until they can retire and collect their big fat pension

they're reasonably well renumerated for what they do

people go into teaching mostly because they are naive morons who think that education has some magical ability to improve the life prospects of congenital idiots and lowlives or because they are not talented at all and its a great profession to do bugger all and make a pile for it

LOL. A good teacher commands respect from their students - fact

You can't be a good teacher if you can't get your students to be 'taught' and learn concepts
don't be an idiot

some students are just imbeciles or are just poorly behaved regardless of how their teacher attempts to address them

even as early as the 5th grade (thats being generous) you can more or less predict with reasonable accuracy which students are going to end up in jail by the time they're 23 and which might as well just be thrown out of the school right then

i think the greatest of all human follies is not believing that some people are just naturally shit no matter what

of course you can blame the inactivity and uselessness of many teachers on the stupidity and unruliness of their students but really anybody who is content with taking in a large amount of taxpayer money to sit there all day knowing full well youre doing nothing while your students run around the classroom like zoo creatures is more or less scum

if you eliminated at least 4 years of mandatory education for at least 35% of students then schools would likely be a much more pleasant place to be in and then we could scrap so many of these useless teachers who are effectively achieving absolutely nothing besides providing degenerate families with inexpensive daycare facilities for their moronic children

education should probably just be eliminated entirely for aboriginals

Last edited:

ReNG

HSC
to be entirely honest, i don't understand why a teacher would complain about students being disrespectful on a forum full of students, and not expect them to be disrespectful.
+1

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC

Fuck my brain's silly.[/quote]

Your brain is also on occasion quite useful. I like this mixture of silliness and usefulness muchly.

teachers are hard working? what planet do you live on?

teachers are generally shady bastards who do nothing all day and are just putting in the bare minimum until they can retire and collect their big fat pension
My Dad is a teacher who, after 28 years or so teaching, still is passionate about making things better for the kids who want to do well. Generalizing is just that: general. It can be true (I've met more then a few shady teachers) but it simply isn't true of all people.

Then again, I guess you put the word 'generally' in there for a reason.

s2 SEductive

MostDefinitelyIncredible
HSC
MS DOREEN MAHARAJ
you are a very **** teacher

**** could be crap , good ,shit , nice soo on :D

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
don't be an idiot

some students are just imbeciles or are just poorly behaved regardless of how their teacher attempts to address them
as far as i'm concerned, it's the teacher's role to teach their students the basics.If they can't achieve that, for whatever reason, they're not doing their job.

pman

Banned
HSC
@OP...how about the fact that i spent a year doing the HSC and couldn't do any exponential differentiation where the base wasn't e, my teacher didn't give a crap, my uni lecturer explained it to me in 30 seconds today.....good teachers get respect, crap teachers are hated, thats the way it is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)