Do YoO think this is weird?? (1 Viewer)

ellen.louise

HSC
He's in trouble if you're 'as mature as him.' trust me on this. he should be older mentally than that. You are not 28 years old mentally. He is also old enough to recognise that the age gap is just too huge for someone your age.

pinktiara

HSC
I'd probably say there's nothing wrong with it, mainly because of the fact that I'm 17 and like a guy who's 25. If you both like each other, I don't see what the problem is,personally.

lala2

Banned
HSC
I reckon he's only barely legally not committing pedophilia. A ten year gap? Geez. There are plenty of other women out there closer to his age.

xtina.gyl

HSC
lol who cares man its her life
it doesnt sound like the best situation and i know cause i been in something simliary but
i mean things happen and at the end of the day its up to her

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
lala2 said:
I reckon he's only barely legally not committing pedophilia. A ten year gap? Geez. There are plenty of other women out there closer to his age.
Except you'd be wrong and have no idea what the word pedophilia means.

pattii

condom endorser
HSC
IN MY OPINION...
don't bother trying to impress people/friends/family cause in the end it what you think of yourself.. mmkk?

pattii

condom endorser
HSC
lala2 said:
LOL, my parents have a ten year gap and my grandmother and he husband have a 17 yr gap =]
i guess pedophilia runs in the family, i'll be hunting down your children =]

JulzMighty

HSC
pattii said:
LOL, my parents have a ten year gap and my grandmother and he husband have a 17 yr gap =]
or your children's children.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Except you'd be wrong and have no idea what the word pedophilia means.
Well, she's only 1 year older than the age of sexual consent. If they had been dating longer than that, and had sex during that period, then that would be illegal. Pedophilia is a kinky liking for children. As it is, I would consider most people under the age of 18, and definitely under the age of 16, children in grown up bodies. Note I put "most"--there are some that are very mature, but I don't know if I'd consider a 17 y.o. dating a 27 year old mature.

*Hides children away* :S:S:S:S:S

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
lala2 said:
Well, she's only 1 year older than the age of sexual consent. If they had been dating longer than that, and had sex during that period, then that would be illegal. Pedophilia is a kinky liking for children. As it is, I would consider most people under the age of 18, and definitely under the age of 16, children in grown up bodies. Note I put "most"--there are some that are very mature, but I don't know if I'd consider a 17 y.o. dating a 27 year old mature.

*Hides children away* :S:S:S:S:S
Pedophilia is when you find prebuescent people attractive. At the worst it's ephebophilia, but even so - if it's legal its acceptable in the eyes of the law, that's simply how it works.

K

katie_tully

Girls do mature faster than guys... But this is 11 years. What would you talk about? He was in year 5/6 when you were being born man. Think about that.

What would Neil Patrick Harris do?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
it's weird. my friend had a 30 year old guy after her when she was 17 and all we could think was, oh god, he was starting uni when we were in kindy :(

plus you might think you're on the same mental level but

1. if that's true then you have to reconsider his maturity, he should be more mature than you, not the same.
2. you're at completely different stages of your lives, or at least in his case i would hope so. you're barely at the end of your school life, he's been in the real world for 10 years, you will probably find you want different things out of life/each other.

Loz240889

HSC
In one word, Yes.

I used to have a friend who had a similar relationship. It ended up alienating her from everyone. She quit school, moved in with him. Last I heard they were trying for a baby. She's barely 17! Just think of that aspect, he's going to want kids soon. Are you really wanting to give up your teenaged years to have a kid? But hey, if you want the same age gap between you and your kids as your boyfriend, go ahead. When people see you around they'll assume baby, mother, grandfather... and if that doesn't put you off: ew.

Last edited:

absolutlaura

HSC
Yes it is most definately weird. Why would your average 28 year old MAN want to be in a relationship with a 17 year old girl? Im 17 & my brother is 29 & i can guarantee you every one of his friends would laugh in my face hysterically if i asked them out... because they're well adjusted i suppose.. something is a bit fishy honestly..
He'll want to be having children when you're thinking about what you're gonna wear to the club on friday night.. an 11yr age gap isnt that much when you're talking about responsible adults, my dad is twelve years older than my mum, but when they met they were both adults who were capable of making a rational, informed decision... you're a kid.

Äj

HSC
i know someone in a simmilar situation. personally, i say no. but thats cause of my experience.

id say just be carefull and take it easy, see how it goes. but just make sure it is accually what you want, and go through that in your head and accually ask youself if these things are what you want, and look at the bad parts as well as the good parts. consider it from all angles/perspectives.
besides, time will tell if its what you want. in a year or two you could still be completely happy with him, or you might not. or you might find someone else. who knows. just go with how oyu want at the moment

ant89

HSC
Nope, I dont think its weird. Ive got a friend whos 18 with a 29 yr old. so long as your happy with him... no problem!

Last edited:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
for the people who say it isnt weird, doesnt it freak you out even a little to put the ages in perspective? i mean, when you think about the fact that the guy in the OP would have been ELEVEN when the girl was BORN...there's something seedy about that. of course as you keep getting older age matters less and less...but a teenager with someone nearly 30, hm no thanks.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
well its not particularly great, and the guy probably isn't well adjusted but its not illegal or anything so whatever.

Tadpole24

HSC
Sorry, I couldn't be bothered reading what everyone else said so sorry if some one has already said this.

but there's nothing wrong with it as far as i see.
11 years is nothing in the big world.
There was 13 year between my neighbours. and the female was older. They were very elderly last time i saw them. so it can last
My parents...8 years between them. and they're happy.

it works if you feel it's right.
if he starts acting like a jerk, then get rid of him, like you would any other guy.
If he's a sweet caring person, then see how it pans out

i wish you all the best of luck!

-xox-

Partisan

HSC
N/A
If the man is physically 28 years old he can always not behave like a 28 year old. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)