do you have to write your student no. on every page DURING exam time (1 Viewer)

madsam

God among men
HSC
i know at our school, they give you a few minutes before the exam to write your name on the booklets, and afterwards you arnt allowed to leave unless you number and stuff is on each booklet.

Just leave it till the end, dont waste time, but make sure you dont get the order of booklets confused, then its a bitch

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
During our trials, we were allowed to write our student numbers on the booklets prior to reading time.

According to our teachers though, we are not given such a concession during the HSC exams, and consequently, yes, we do have to write down our numbers on each page during the exam.

I suggest you write the numbers on the pages first though, as starting the grind may lead you to forget.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
i know at our school, they give you a few minutes before the exam to write your name on the booklets, and afterwards you arnt allowed to leave unless you number and stuff is on each booklet.

Just leave it till the end, dont waste time, but make sure you dont get the order of booklets confused, then its a bitch
It's not like this in the HSC, no time is given at the start and if you don't have it filled in, too bad. I really advise against leaving it till the end.

Brontecat

HSC
i like to think of writing my name as a 'reward', when i know that i'm absoluely finished the page and don't need to re-check anything on it or add anything, i write my name at the top :D

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
i like to think of writing my name as a 'reward', when i know that i'm absoluely finished the page and don't need to re-check anything on it or add anything, i write my name at the top :D
You are motivated extremely easily lol.

helper

HSC
N/A
the papers are separated in marking shed, so it is important to write your number on every page that requests it.

terminator69

HSC
The reasoning behind writing your student number on every page is that if something happens such as a page gets separated from your booklet if it has your student number on it, it will end up with the right booklet.
the papers are separated in marking shed, so it is important to write your number on every page that requests it.
The OP is not questioning the importance of writing numbers on every sheet. They want to know if it has to be done during exam time and therefore wasting a few mins that could have gone towards answers.

In my experience, I got yelled at in the trials for writing numbers after 'pens down', so I guess I'd recommend you waste some precious exam time writing them earlier.

Last edited:

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
In '07 in my hospo exam i still had to put numbers on my pages so the examiner stood over and watched my number and label my pages it took a while but they stood there as i did to ensure that i never added anything extra.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)