• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God exist? (1 Viewer)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
The poor guy has had his words used to justify every theological & political stance imaginable :D
He's like the anti-godwin's law.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Ahh fuck I have alegbra tomorrow. Dislike maths, but fucking have to learn moar for fluid dynamics. Whould would have thunk partial derivatives have a use?!

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Enteebee said:
Imagine our reality as it is now stopping suddenly in a freeze frame, all our attributes are only capable of 1 thing. That is the universe without time. Now just imagine that instead of a reality with an extremely changed form such as ours you have a reality made up of the most basic form of everything we currently have.
I can imagine the second part Enteebee:) But for something to spark off time...what WAS that? So as u say i imagine everything frozen....but then there must have been some convergence , some occurance..yet..HOW? when there was no time , no things that ever did anything... this is the part i cannot understand.

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
Enteebee said:
Imagine our reality as it is now stopping suddenly in a freeze frame, all our attributes are only capable of 1 thing. That is the universe without time. Now just imagine that instead of a reality with an extremely changed form such as ours you have a reality made up of the most basic form of everything we currently have.
Okay, I think I just fried a few thousand brain cells trying to understand all that. Kudos on being able to come up with an answer, though. I'll be content with knowing that its something I can't comprehend...

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
squeenie said:
Hmm... I don't think its something that we'll ever be able to imagine. Humanity has its limits, and we really should take note of that. If we tried to extend ourselves beyond our limits, well, we'd really screw ourselves over.

Don't hurt your mind thinking about it. There are much better things to be done, honestly.
I wont hurt my mind, but im going to think about things that interest me :)

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
*TRUE* said:
I can imagine the second part Enteebee:) But for something to spark off time...what WAS that? So as u say i imagine everything frozen....but then there must have been some convergence , some occurance..yet..HOW? when there was no time , no things that ever did anything... this is the part i cannot understand.
Nothing made time begin it just did it i.e. There was a part of that frozen universe which said 'begin time', frozen things (meaning those without time) are capable of having 1 property or... existing in 1 state which doesn't change etc... like I said, it is possible to posit a god that created time but all he'd be able to do is create time.

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
*TRUE* said:
I wont hurt my mind, but im going to think about things that interest me :)
Always good to do that. Just don't overdo it.

"Don't be so logical that you forget to run for your life" as they say.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Enteebee said:
Nothing made time begin it just did it i.e. There was a part of that frozen universe which said 'begin time', frozen things are capable of beginning things... like I said, it is possible to posit a god that created time but all he'd be able to do is create time.
Frozen things are capable of beginning things? So you mean you think there was something before, maybe time before...and then it was frozen?
So somehow something had the ability to know how to begin 'time'.
If a God can create time , which seems to me the most incredibly difficult and foreign concept (beginning , creating time), then i would almost assume he would be capable of anything ?

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Frozen things are capable of beginning things? So you mean you think there was something before, maybe time before...and then it was frozen?
So somehow something had the ability to know how to begin 'time'.
If a God can create time , which seems to me the most incredibly difficult and foreign concept (beginning , creating time), then i would almost assume he would be capable of anything ?
Archer's paradox, lol.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
3unitz said:
omg diana *shakes head*
Hey why dont you answer for me instead of shaking your head?:cool: dude.
I do want an answer....
I only brought God into it cause Enteebee made mention :)

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Hey why dont you answer for me instead of shaking your head?:cool:
I do want an answer....
I only brought God into it cause Enteebee made mention :)
Like I said, that's the Arrow paradox.
V = dx/dt (speed is the change in its position over the change in time)
But as dt approaches zero the change in distance = approaches zero too. (over smaller and smaller time frames, the change in position is less)
so then, when the timeframe becomes infinitely small (one instant), the arrow doesn't move. If the arrow isn't moving at anyone instant, how can it move overall?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)