do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
beentherdunthat said:
lol ur head is so fucking big its guna fall off

wtf is up with you
What the fuck retard, you called him about something relating to your own religion and were wrong about it. Fuck off.

Captin gay

Supremacist.
HSC
Of course it can be proven wrong :) It's just not enough weight is put on the specific scientific context of the word 'theory'

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Garygaz said:
I'm not grasping to anything as I have nothing to grasp to. I'm just saying science is an expression of mathimatical logic, is something which he has a lot of, and his views are pretty incredible. I'm agnostic, goddam, I believe that it is impossible to know either way, this thread isn't going to change this.

By the way, I think there is a major point a lot of people are missing.

EVEN though a lot of things in science are proved through maths and physics, they are still THEORIES, unproved and will never be proved. One thing is based upon one unproven theory which is derived from another unproved theory. Belief in maths and physics is a faith in itself.

Believers cannot prove God. Atheists cannot prove their own theories.

Fck I should be studying for SOR tomorrow, I'm off, feel free to flame me in my absence.
The thing is science is based on observations with which we make theorems that give testable predictions. Tomorrow you will wake up and gravity will still exist. You believe this, because logic says so.

Tomorrow god will come down to earth and take us all to heaven. You can have faith in this, but you probably don't believe it.

Massive difference between a scientific theory, which hasn't been proven wrong, and religious faith, which is unjustified.

beentherdunthat

HSC
Riet said:
What the fuck retard, you called him about something relating to your own religion and were wrong about it. Fuck off.
what r u his cheerleader

seriously man take a chill pill what the hell lol fuck man

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Captin gay said:
Of course it can be proven wrong :) It's just not enough weight is put on the specific scientific context of the word 'theory'
Exactly. Doesnt help the cause.
EDIT: neither does : 'Now , do you really think you evolved from a monkey?' Bahaa!!
Got to be better ways to argue merits of Christianity...

Last edited:

Captin gay

Supremacist.
HSC
beentherdunthat said:
what r u his cheerleader

seriously man take a chill pill what the hell lol fuck man
This is not a thread to act dumb in :rolleyes:

beentherdunthat

HSC
Captin gay said:
This is not a thread to act dumb in :rolleyes:
lol ... im glad im not expressing my views because every1 seems so passionate there may be some kind of extreme burst of wtf use google or something...
and schro its jinns not djinns o wait wikipedia yeah i have a life thanx

beentherdunthat

HSC
Schroedinger said:
Whoa you have a life INCREDIBLE tell us about this cool life :fuckingtard:

Either contribute in an intelligent way to the thread (might be a strain) or fuck off. Straightforward, simple, easy, get the jig?
okay :eek: :fuckingtard:

Captin gay

Supremacist.
HSC
beentherdunthat said:
lol ... im glad im not expressing my views because every1 seems so passionate there may be some kind of extreme burst of wtf use google or something...
You know, that probably will happen because it will probably be something patrons of this thread have heard/read time and time before.

However, if you are willing to present your beliefs in somewhat of an "objective" (haha) manner, then I'm sure people will be willing to amicably debate you.

beentherdunthat

HSC
Captin gay said:
You know, that probably will happen because it will probably be something patrons of this thread have heard/read time and time before.

However, if you are willing to present your beliefs in somewhat of an "objective" (haha) manner, then I'm sure people will be willing to amicably debate you.
yeah thats why i didnt want to post in the first place, because i hadnt read the whole thread and whats the point of repeating

- no freakin way im entering this debate since there's more of you and you will most likely be agressive as you usually are when something religious comes up. man above wasnt even an opinion.... i rest my case.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
beentherdunthat said:
Actually, both are acceptable transliterations you fucking retard.

Captin gay

Supremacist.
HSC
WE GOTTA GO TO SPACE

Colonize sum extrasolar planets/

Make sum First Contact

Investigating one planet - one civilization - how narrow-minded. That's not Science, that's evil.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Schroedinger said:
I really want to go to space :shy: there's a whole universe out there we could be exploring...
OBAMA WANTS TO DELAY A FURTHER MISSION TO THE MOON/MARS!!!1111

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Tomorrow god will come down to earth and take us all to heaven. You can have faith in this, but you probably don't believe it.
You have a good point on the "belief" based on scientific study and inquiry versus "belief" based on faith. But the problem is where you believe the concept of faith is derived from. I feel, you don't understand faith in the same way that I do. I'll explain faith as it is to me. In the same way that when you wake up tommorow, you have faith that there will be gravity. I have faith that tommorow if I wake up (god willing), I will be judged for all of my actions.

So the conviction in our faith, as you put it, are equal. Yours is not greater than mine, and mine is not greater than yours. So arguing against my beliefs, through the amount of certainty in our beliefs based on our perception and understanding, is a fallacy in light of my explanation.

Thus your criticisms should not be directed towards the convictions of the belief, or the degree of certainty (unless in the case of extremely absurd beliefs such as the one you mentioned prior), bur rather on the justification or what leads us to hold such beliefs.

You believe that when you wake up tommorow gravity will still exist, because out of 20 or so years of your life, it has always been as such. We also understand and can prove with almost absolute certainty that gravity exists due to the nature of the universe, and thus we can predict it will continue to do so tommorow. It's very simple, and thus quite justifiable. Now in my belief, through giving meaning to life and existence, I too have come to a conclusion very simply through testing the nature of the universe, and just as yesterday the only viable explanation for the existence of the universe is an entity which exceeds the physical boundaries of the universe, tommorow such an entity will still be the only viable explanation.

And by defining that, and also by understanding the fascinating nature of the Glorious Qur'an. Without a doubt in my mind, I believe it's validity. Based on simple experiments, and logic, and the nature of the universe.

Religion and Science are not mutually exclusive.

Massive difference between a scientific theory, which hasn't been proven wrong
Scientific theory is proven wrong on a daily basis. The method of theorems, and the compilation of scientific theory is also inherently flawed, irrespective of whether or not it is based on tangible evidence. So you don't have a leg to stand on with that argument. (I expect you to rescind it.)

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
Yo people, I guarantee when you disect quotes and write a page responce to each sentence, people just scroll through your responce and don't read it.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
totally agree, it is to early in the morning to read all of that, i just skip it too, i think that most people would.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)