• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God exist? (7 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
ekoolish said:
Well actually i know stories of people personally that have had experiences with God.. These include cancer being cured against all odds.
They should probably be looked after in a mental health sense.

Yeah the fact that you've said 'against all odds' and then implied the divine is fucking hilarious

Here, brush up on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/probability (hint: the chance of an event happening) :D

shaon0

HSC
Captain Hero said:
*facepalm*
there is a physics proof which i saw on a documentary but i don't know what it was but it calculated the odds of the event that there was no God and showed it was very close to zero ie very close to zero (hence zero using hyper real number system)

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
Captain Hero said:
They should probably be looked after in a mental health sense.

Yeah the fact that you've said 'against all odds' and then implied the divine is fucking hilarious

Here, brush up on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/probability (hint: the chance of an event happening) :D
Hmm nice site to link wikipedia...
I suppose someone of your ability (or disability) has posted that. You've never seeked God with faith of actually finding him hence you will never experience such an event, its never too late though.

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
ekoolish said:
I suppose someone of your ability (or disability) has posted that. You've never seeked God with faith of actually finding him hence you will never experience such an event, its never too late though.
Yeah you've got absolutely no idea so nice entirely baseless claims about anything I've ever done.

I'm pointing out that you using the term 'against all odds' as a proof for god is beyond stupid.

Again, do you know what odds *are*?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
ekoolish said:
Zeus may of well appeared to people, that would after all explain why an entire civilisation focused thousands of years seeking him.
But that would be entirely incompatible to your belief.

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
shaon0 said:
there is a physics proof which i saw on a documentary but i don't know what it was but it calculated the odds of the event that there was no God and showed it was very close to zero ie very close to zero (hence zero using hyper real number system)

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
ekoolish said:
If you had faith of finding God you will find ways regardless of their credibility to find God.

just as much as the corrupt scientist fudged his experimental data to fool his colleagues into thinking that his hypothesis was true

shaon0

HSC
ekoolish said:
Thats true.
If your not seeking God, You won't encounter God or believe in God.

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
ekoolish said:
Captain Hero said:
Yeah you've got absolutely no idea so nice entirely baseless claims about anything I've ever done. quote]

And i end the night with that.
Wait so baseless claims about any notion of god in my direction = some actual fact. Fuck off. You've got absolutely no idea you idiot.

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
shaon0 said:
Thats true.
If you're not seeking pixies. You won't encounter pixies or believe in pixies.

If you're not seeking conspiracies. You won't encouter conspiracies or believe in conspiracies.

shaon0

HSC
Captain Hero said:

If you're not seeking conspiracies. You won't encouter conspiracies or believe in conspiracies.
I just hope for your sake that you do encounter God. Then may be you wiill believe because i can't make you believe in God. You are the only one that can make yourself believe in god other than God.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Captain Hero said:

That's the most terrifying thing about your liberalism; you believe that there are political absolutes like human rights!

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
shaon0 said:
I just hope for your sake that you do encounter God. Then may be you wiill believe because i can't make you believe in God. You are the only one that can make yourself believe in god other than God.
You're the LIFE of the party!

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
Iron said:
That's the most terrifying thing about your liberalism; you believe that there are political absolutes like human rights!
You leave the church out of this you social justice seeking infidel. How does your social justice deal with putting a chicken in MY pot?

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
shaon0 said:
Thats true.
Well. It sounds like to have to completely delude yourself towards any notion of rationality to "find God."

You're basically saying you can't find something unless you're actively searching for it.

shaon0

HSC
black_kat_meow said:
Well. It sounds like to have to completely delude yourself towards any notion of rationality to "find God."

You're basically saying you can't find something unless you're actively searching for it.
Originally Posted by shaon0
You don't have to actively search for God. You'll see signs of God everywhere you just have to look.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
shaon0 said:
But you said before he has to be searching for God to encounter him. But you would have have to believe to search for him, wouldn't you?

So how can he encounter God? By believing? Wait, you just said you hope encountering God will make him believe...

Christians either go in circles or contradict themselves...

Edit: But before you agreed with the person who said you have to actually search him out to find him. Changed your mind now, hey?

Edit 2: Actually, re reading, YOU are the person who said before that you have to search for him to encounter him.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)