Does God exist? (1 Viewer)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
veloc1ty said:
Gtfo of this thread.

To make it sort of on-topic again: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/09/03/AR2007090300933_pf.html

Interesting article. For those lazy, here's a pertinent part:

While the experiment was applied to small myths, it's clear that this could also be applicable to larger delusions... say, religion? Perhaps those who give up arguing with people have it right; repetition just make the denial stronger.
why else do you think they have to go to church every week? :D

Lukybear

HSC
THis thread is interesting in that, one cannot just answer NO. Its due to God's "power" and supernaturalness that you cannot disprove him. So i dont get how every athesists are trying to do the impossible?

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Lukybear said:
THis thread is interesting in that, one cannot just answer NO. Its due to God's "power" and supernaturalness that you cannot disprove him. So i dont get how every athesists are trying to do the impossible?
We're not.We're trying mostly to clear up any misconceptions about atheism and the alternatative theories that we believe in.

Last edited:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Lukybear said:
On the flipside, one cannot just answer "YES". Why are you trying to do the same (aka the impossible)?

nikolas

HSC
Kwayera said:
On the flipside, one cannot just answer "YES". Why are you trying to do the same (aka the impossible)?
Bilblez. stupid, we haz the biblez so unless you gimme pruff the bib;ez is fake, god is real

checkmate atheists

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
nikolas said:
Bilblez. stupid, we haz the biblez so unless you gimme pruff the bib;ez is fake, god is real

checkmate atheists
That's just it. Circular reasoning. You can't prove God's existance through the bible, because there is no way to prove if the bible is right, OR wrong.

Checkmate Nikolas.

nikolas

HSC
AusBluesMan said:
That's just it. Circular reasoning. You can't prove God's existance through the bible, because there is no way to prove if the bible is right, OR wrong.

Checkmate Nikolas.
WTFF!!!! u stupid?? real things that happened in history also say they happen in teh Bibble, defnatly not fake!!!!11

Checkmate ignorant Atheist

beth211111

HSC
Does it really matter if there is a 'God'? The point is that people use belief to sustain some control over their lives, to feel as if their is a purpose to life. People that believe that there is something out there are remarkable and sometimes I wish I could be like that.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
nikolas said:
WTFF!!!! u stupid?? real things that happened in history also say they happen in teh Bibble, defnatly not fake!!!!11

Checkmate ignorant Atheist
Guess where the history you present is?

THE BIBLE.

It is recorded NO WHERE ELSE. The whole reason these arguments happen, is because there is no way to prove God's existance. There is no SOLID proof for his existance.

nikolas

HSC
AusBluesMan said:
Guess where the history you present is?

THE BIBLE.

It is recorded NO WHERE ELSE. The whole reason these arguments happen, is because there is no way to prove God's existance. There is no SOLID proof for his existance.

ok dude im gonna end it, your being trolled.

:p

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Lol, troll me because I present an argument you can't respond to? If anything, your the troll dude.

You cannot prove God's existance through the bible. And you cannot prove athiest beliefs (theory of evolution, etc) either. Both are theories.

Last edited:

nikolas

HSC
AusBluesMan said:
Lol, troll me because I present an argument you can't respond to? If anything, your the troll dude.

You cannot prove God's existance through the bible. And you cannot prove athiest beliefs (theory of evolution) either. Both are theories.

Hey stupid, when i said your being trolled, it was implied i am the troll.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
nikolas said:
Hey stupid, when i said your being trolled, it was implied i am the troll.
I didn't catch that. You imply through the smilie? It's hard to pick up when someones implying something... In text...

nikolas

HSC
AusBluesMan said:
I didn't catch that. You imply through the smilie? It's hard to pick up when someones implying something... In text...
I thought the bad spelling and easily refutable, retarded points were enough.

I then said you're being trolled and you took it as me calling you a troll.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
nikolas said:
I thought the bad spelling and easily refutable, retarded points were enough.

I then said you're being trolled and you took it as me calling you a troll.
Forgive me good sir, I am lacking in the brain capacity today. Me thinks it's what this HSC does to people.

Propadanda

HSC
N/A
nikolas said:
useless post is useless....why bother...
What the fuck is the point of the thread? There is no definitive answer, so either side can present reasons as to why they are right without anyone being able to conclusively prove it.

Sounds pretty useless bicker to me, more like an excuse for atheists to try and disprove God (which is impossible) and then Christians humiliate themselves trying to prove otherwise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)