• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does God Exist? (1 Viewer)

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
In Islam can the dudes have multiple wives?

Also, isnt that the religion where if you die for some cause you go to the afterlife with a certain amount of virgins? If it is, that certainly sounds like a guy wrote that...
ok there is a reason for this......the quran was written thousands of years ago during a time where women greatly outnumbered men dur to war and so this verse came down in the quran....and man can marry four women to save them from having to resort to prostitution to feed their kids and so they wont be humiliated, homeless etc.....there are rules associtaed to marrying four...such as if u buy one a dress u gotta buy all the same exact dress....its really hard...hardly anyone does it these days.......

also virgin is associated with purity...its true if u die a marty u become associated with purity however its sooooooooo hard to die a martyr..so many rules, u cant kill kids, old ppl, women, innocent ppl......etc....half the ppl who call themselves martyrs arent actually martyrs.....theyll probably end up in hell for twisting gods words.......

alien

HSC
she was his girlfriend? and he still gang raped her? that's sick. and not fully sick, just sick.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
katie_tully said:
Question, religious monkeys.

Do you guys follow your religion fanatically because it's all you know, and you've never bothered to challenge it? Or is it a choice.

My family is Italian. Very religious. I've grown up with religion, but I've also grown up with a choice of finding out for myself what suits me best.
i was christian.......i challenged it big time...and i was given the choice by my parents to choose the path i wanted and i did

Generator

HSC
N/A
joujou_84 said:
u are assuming...u do not know this.....and what soha said is correct......u wont check out a covered woman but u will have a look at a half naked girl......dont even try to deny it.
Why do men do that? Is it because they are taught (directly or not) that they are the superior sex, and that women are only objects? Isn't forcing a woman to cover up just a means of supporting that idea through not pressing the men to respect a woman's actions and to see the 'fairer' sex as equal?

Nobody will deny that both men and women admire the more attractice members of the opposite sex, but why should that be used as an excuse for a woman to cover up? It's her body.

Edit: This is more of a general conservative issue than anything else.

Last edited:

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
WEll the entire VIrgins thing sounds like someone, aka Allah used this little thing to control men. Geez, Id fight to get 99 Virgins, lol, j/k's.

As for the more than 1 wife thing, I thought women were jewels, unusal that if there so precious dudes can have more than 1, sought of de-values women....
its because theyre jewels.......would u be a jewel if u had to become a prostitue to feed ur kids?? or would u be a jewel if a man married u and lived in a lovely home and ur kids were saved from starvation?? i prefer the later......

Last edited:
K

katie_tully

joujou_84 said:
excuse me but i personally know the guy and she was his girlfriend....i wont go into details......but dont believe everything you hear on the news, especially if its thier chance to make the arab or muslim community look like shit...it had nothing to do with covering or anything.....u think they give a shit about their religion??
I did not specify which gang rape, especially considering there has been three.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Generator said:
Why do men do that? Is it because they are taught (directly or not) that they are the superior sex, and that women are only objects? Isn't forcing a woman to cover up just a means of supporting that idea through not pressing the men to respect a woman's actions and to see the 'fairer' sex as equal?

Nobody will deny that both men and women admire the more attractice members of the opposite sex, but why should that be used as an excuse for a woman to cover up? It's her body.
u know.....in islam women must cover up but men must also avert their eyes from women....a man shouldnt check out women or anything.....its like out of respect for the religion....christains used to cover up back in the days.....theyve since "modernised", but in islam, this remains a huge part of the religion...it is protection for a women, whilst at the same time she represents islam.......it is her choice though....like adultry is wrong in all religions but heaps of ppl do it...so same thing....they dont HAVE to wear it...but theyll face the consequences of their decison....

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
katie_tully said:
I did not specify which gang rape, especially considering there has been three.
two were related......i dont know which third ur speaking about....but after the first "rape" a 14 year old muslim girl was raped by a gang of australians in retaliation........pity they didnt get 55 years....actually i didnt even hear of it on the news....so yeh...the news is very bias....

K

katie_tully

joujou_84 said:
u know.....in islam women must cover up but men must also avert their eyes from women....a man shouldnt check out women or anything.....its like out of respect for the religion....christains used to cover up back in the days.....theyve since "modernised", but in islam, this remains a huge part of the religion...it is protection for a women, whilst at the same time she represents islam.......it is her choice though....like adultry is wrong in all religions but heaps of ppl do it...so same thing....they dont HAVE to wear it...but theyll face the consequences of their decison....
You know. You havent said it, but I get the undertone that, if they choose not to cover up, and are assulted/raped, they've brought it upon themself.

K

katie_tully

joujou_84 said:
two were related......i dont know which third ur speaking about....but after the first "rape" a 14 year old muslim girl was raped by a gang of australians in retaliation........pity they didnt get 55 years....actually i didnt even hear of it on the news....so yeh...the news is very bias....
I heard that one.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
katie_tully said:
You know. You havent said it, but I get the undertone that, if they choose not to cover up, and are assulted/raped, they've brought it upon themself.
well the way i see it is god tells us wat is best for us.....so if we dont follow it, its not that we asked for it......its just that we didnt listen to some good advice...

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
katie_tully said:
well..there is also a difference between wearing jeans and a t-shirt and a mini skirt and a tank top with your tits hanging out

what is a mini skirt and tank top implying..why would u want to wear it?
why do girls wear that shit?
do they want attention..they want guys to look at their beautiful bodies
why else..coz they like it?
and for the girls who dress like that(yeah they have the right to wear whatever they want)
but they cant complain when guys gawk at them..or call out to them or try and pick them up

there is no reason thats can justify a raping..
in some cases the girl does bring it upon herself..attention wise..and having a guy harass her
even tho she should be able to walk freely without being harrased
but reality it doenst work like that
muslim men are taught to lower their gaze..to avoid this problem..

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
acmilan said:
What you guys dont understand is that the words delivered in the Bible were delivered by Jesus. Now you believe that the quaran is more correct than the Bible because it is "God's words" but that is because you do not realise the extent of Jesus to Christians. To Christians, Jesus, along with God and the Holy Spirit for the sacred Trinity. Jesus was sent to deliver God's message so the writing down of Jesus' story and his teachings is just as sacred as the quran is to Muslims.

Saint Justin in the year 150 AD described the Gospels as "the memoirs of the apostles" :)

i know how jesus is loved by all of christendom and it should be something to be admired. But the Quran in Islam is NOT the EQuivalent to the Bible in Christianity

The Bible- OT and NT were as Dr. MAurice Beaucaille put it "written by men inspired by the Holy Ghost"

and the gospels were the "memoirs of the Apostles"

so the bible to christians is infact the equivalent to the "Hadith" to muslims, which is the "apostles" account of the Prophet Muhammad (sallahu alaihi wassalam).

both the hadith and articles of the bible were collected over time and by various men, and much of it (both the bible and hadith) were transmitted orally before being collected later on (after the death of Jesus and Muhammad)

The Quran is more than a Bible to Muslims, it is considered a "miracle" and is "perfect" in different respects. im not making mumbo jumbo here:
just look up the Quran in any reputable encyclopedia like Britannica and u'll find interesting things about the Quran. Up to this point in time, the Quran remains the single most perfect work of Arabic poetry to date, that is not in direct conflict with science, human rights and common sense! :) :) :eek: Thats my opinion anyway!

on the other hand, both the Holy Bible and Hadith have their shortcommings; in accuracy and reliability. (i can bring a quote from Saint Augustine if anyone wants it - he perfectly explained why discrepancies are there in the Bible, a good bloke he was :) )

so just a repeat; the Chirstian Holy Bible is not the equivalent of the Holy Quran in Islam, but is an equivalent of the HAdith. Actually its an equivalent of the Hadith and various books that deal with the life of the Companions of the Prophet Muhammad!

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
katie_tully said:
rapes or gang rapes
11 different cases of gang rape
was on the news
but no one payed attention to it
no 55 years..no trials..nothing
they didnt tell us their ethnicity..they didnt tell ur their religon..they didnt tell us how many years they got..or if they got anything at all

K

katie_tully

soha said:
well..there is also a difference between wearing jeans and a t-shirt and a mini skirt and a tank top with your tits hanging out

what is a mini skirt and tank top implying..why would u want to wear it?
why do girls wear that shit?
do they want attention..they want guys to look at their beautiful bodies
why else..coz they like it?
and for the girls who dress like that(yeah they have the right to wear whatever they want)
but they cant complain when guys gawk at them..or call out to them or try and pick them up

there is no reason thats can justify a raping..
in some cases the girl does bring it upon herself..attention wise..and having a guy harass her
even tho she should be able to walk freely without being harrased
but reality it doenst work like that
muslim men are taught to lower their gaze..to avoid this problem..
Do me a favour. Refrain from commenting on the psychology behind why people wear what.
Maybe they wear the skirt and top because it's fashionable? Because it looks nice? Because we live in Australia and it's unpractical to dress head to toe in the middle of summer?
Oh gee, the possibilities.
What you wear, does not dictate as to whether you brought being raped on yourself. Nobody asks to be rape. That's why it's rape. Because you said no.

I wear mini skirts and tank tops. I also have a boyfriend, whom I'm very loyal to. I don't wear the above, because I want to flash my body.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
katie_tully said:
Do me a favour. Refrain from commenting on the psychology behind why people wear what.
Maybe they wear the skirt and top because it's fashionable? Because it looks nice? Because we live in Australia and it's unpractical to dress head to toe in the middle of summer?
Oh gee, the possibilities.
What you wear, does not dictate as to whether you brought being raped on yourself. Nobody asks to be rape. That's why it's rape. Because you said no.

I wear mini skirts and tank tops. I also have a boyfriend, whom I'm very loyal to. I don't wear the above, because I want to flash my body.
yeah i didnt say that u dress like a slut and u deserve to be raped..or u bring it upon urself
i said that there is no valid reason to rape someone..
and u should be able to walk down the street freely wearing whatever u wnat and not be harassed
by why..would a hoe..who dresses like a hoe..and we all know what kind of girls they are..
why would she dress like that...then complain when shes harassed by idiot guys
and yeah its fashionable ...cool
and they like it..good for them..
just dont complain when you get sleazes all over you
my friend dresses a bit extreme...then goes to clubs...and has guys all over her and shit..
then she comes back and says omg they so grose cnat they leave me alone etc
shes an attention whore..and dresses like a slut but then complains about it later
wtf..
wtf do i car really..i dont ..walk around naked 4 all i care
just dont complain about people who cover them selves up(directed to people in general)

Jiga

Well da dudes can have many 'jewels', the more jewels, the less value they have...sought of metraphorical for the men dont treat chix to good or that Allah doesnt think much of them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)