Doing 10 units or 12 units? (1 Viewer)

12 units or 10 units?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Do you realize that your $35 thongs were made in some brazilian sweatshop where the overworked, exploited person earns $0.04 making about a 100 thongs an hour

Inequality and environmental degradation are important. Get into the 21st century and realize that erasing inequality is very important, exploiting workers is wrong and if you want to make a shitload of money investing in green power could be good for your bank balance!

Carbon creditzzz too.
-Dad

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Whats with the 50-50 vote :( perfect 22-22

need more for 12 units!

saintclare

HSC
12 units!!
although i did drop maths and pick up hosp extension lol
14 units was tooooo much

dropping maths = best thing ive ever done :D :D

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
lol good point.. 11. the perfect balance betweeen 10 and 12

dan2452

HSC
I'm doing 12 because I couldnt handle only doing 10 units, not worth it. Rather do 12 units of subjects I enjoy, rather than 10 just because.

Do the subjects that you want, you wouldnt want to regret dropping a subject because only 10 are counted.

adomad

HSC!!
HSC
do ten. you get the luxury of doing 12 units in year 11. use that year to find out which topics are gonna screw u over and which ones are going to get you that ATAR you are dreaming of. by the time u get to year 12. drop the worst 2U subject u have. if you can't decide whether to drop chem or eco or which ever two subjects u can't decide on dropping, continue through to the first set of exams... then drop the subject that you are ranked the lowest in. cause ur wasting time on 2 units that is going to ammount to nothing in the end. all this stuff about "do 12 cause you might screw up *retarted laugh*" is rubbish if you know ur weakest subject. is not like a subject you went mad in year 11 is going to be one that you are going to screw in year 12. and if at the end of year 12 you get a crappy score for chem and regret dropping eco, it isn't like u would have went better in eco.

12 units is a waste of your time

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
I'm doing 12 because I couldnt handle only doing 10 units, not worth it. Rather do 12 units of subjects I enjoy, rather than 10 just because.

Do the subjects that you want, you wouldnt want to regret dropping a subject because only 10 are counted.
Only handle 10?

I'd chuck a skitz if I had to do over 10 :) :) :)

Klutsov

HSC

If you stuff up a subject, you will have a safe fall (hopefully), and it also keeps you from wasting time at school during frees

Misyndo

HSC
do ten. you get the luxury of doing 12 units in year 11. use that year to find out which topics are gonna screw u over and which ones are going to get you that ATAR you are dreaming of. by the time u get to year 12. drop the worst 2U subject u have. if you can't decide whether to drop chem or eco or which ever two subjects u can't decide on dropping, continue through to the first set of exams... then drop the subject that you are ranked the lowest in. cause ur wasting time on 2 units that is going to ammount to nothing in the end. all this stuff about "do 12 cause you might screw up *retarted laugh*" is rubbish if you know ur weakest subject. is not like a subject you went mad in year 11 is going to be one that you are going to screw in year 12. and if at the end of year 12 you get a crappy score for chem and regret dropping eco, it isn't like u would have went better in eco.

So true. If you're ranked low in one subject, why continue to do it for HSC? You're less likely to miraculously come first. If anything, your more likely to be ranked low as competition becomes even worse.

10 units is so much better.
If you still stuff up an assessment with 10 units (ie. you have more time to study since less units) then that's just your fault for being a dumbass.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A

This person speaks the truth.

ilikebeeef

HSC
i don't believe in the 12 unit 'to be safe' trash

lots of ppl do 12 units in the false impression that one of their subjects will save another but end up stuffing two or more

u might as well do 10 units so u can spend more time/effort on the 10 rather than doing 12 with the nagging feeling that 2 units will not count (i.e. false sense of security)
10 cause at the end only 10 units are counted. Doing 12 units will mean you spend longer hours at school and studying is that much harder.

If you want, do the 1st term of year 12 with 12 units. I'm sure by the end of that 1st term you'll know which subjects you want to keep.
So true. If you're ranked low in one subject, why continue to do it for HSC? You're less likely to miraculously come first. If anything, your more likely to be ranked low as competition becomes even worse.

10 units is so much better.
If you still stuff up an assessment with 10 units (ie. you have more time to study since less units) then that's just your fault for being a dumbass.

+1 for all. If you're going to bomb out on a subject, you might as well drop it, and instead spend the time on one which you are determined NOT to bomb out.

Last edited:

duckcowhybrid

HSC
What if two of your subjects are EQUAL IN EVERYTHING AND YOU'RE NOT SURE WHICH ONE WILL COUNT. WHAT ABOUT THEN?

speedofsound

HSC

If you stuff up a subject, you will have a safe fall (hopefully), and it also keeps you from wasting time at school during frees
so... what if you DON'T waste time at school during frees? then you're the one wasting time.

brendroid

HSC
I'm only doing ten. But I have terrible time management (I mean, by doing ten you're pretty much saying you've GOT to go well in them all). Great motivator at times :)

petertriho

HSC
What if two of your subjects are EQUAL IN EVERYTHING AND YOU'RE NOT SURE WHICH ONE WILL COUNT. WHAT ABOUT THEN?
You can drop the one you enjoy less or by coin test :p and do so much better in the subject you kept

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)