Dream Careers (1 Viewer)

HSC
xXmuffin0manXx said:
comfortable off 40-50k..? it really depends on your financial situation..

i mean..if you have a mortgage i dont think 40-50k would do much

if you own your own home, then 40-50k i suppose could keep your comfortable but i dnt think you would be at liberty to do much..

i go skiing every year and that forks out about 2k..and i cant live without
skiing..i dont think id be able to live off 40-50k..

also, you have to remember that there may be more than one member of your family contributing to your income..
Well, my family doesn't have a mortgage, all 4 of us kids are pretty much supporting ourselves (we all have jobs), and so that $40-50,000 that my dad makes pretty much goes to regular houselhold groceries, bills, and that's about it.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
As namu said there are the other incomes contributing to the WHOLE income of the family. Although all the kids (you and your siblings) are not exactly giving your many to your father and paying bills etc. (board) you are supporting yourself. Doing it all yourself but under the same roof. All those smaller incomes from you and your siblings will contribute to making it easier to live :)

Schoey93

HSC
Aquawhite said:
As namu said there are the other incomes contributing to the WHOLE income of the family. Although all the kids (you and your siblings) are not exactly giving your many to your father and paying bills etc. (board) you are supporting yourself. Doing it all yourself but under the same roof. All those smaller incomes from you and your siblings will contribute to making it easier to live :)
Yes, true - but not for all families, unfortunately.

My Mum makes $57,000 (GROSS, before tax) per annum, yet my Mum and Dad are divorced, Mum has us 75% of the time, Dad earns:

$85,000 gross each year

BUT is $17,000 in Child Support debt. My Mum has to take anti depressants because she wonders if she will ever be able to provide a good life for us, it's really sad and pathetic of my selfish, ignorant father, who although I love him, is a real dickhead sometimes.

My siblings and I don't earn any income because we don't have job, my Dad pays 1/3 of his legally required Child Support payments, so yeah, GDP per capita is not very accurate for normal Australian families, as it is only an AVERAGE.

I study Commerce (Elective) at school (note Mum cannot pay school fees due to Dad not helping her out).

It makes my blood boil and my lip curl in disgust to think that there are thosands of men - and even women - doing what my father (Dad) does.

DISGUSTING men who think of nothing but their MONEY AND ASSETS. I feel like I'm about to be sick.

Schoey93

HSC
By the way, sorry about my rant (omg I say "sorry" way too fucking much). Anyhow, my dream career IS:

HIGH SCHOOL TEACHER OF ENGLISH/ITALIAN/BUSINESS

That way I can get 12 weeks annual leave and earn $60,000 starting salary package, well OK, it's actually $50,000...I'll work my way up. :rolleyes:

Let's get back on topic. Any more dream careers???

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol. Yea a little to much I think....

If I havn't already said I would LOVE to be a Veterinarian because I have a passion for the wellbeing of animals... but the UAI required 98.00+ is far too high for me. I know I can bridge and swap courses in uni but I will be paying far too much money and I can't be that passionate....

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Explosions Hurt said:
Sorry man, but you've got to admit, it was good for a laugh. Come on man, how can you believe that you would only earn $70/day, which equates to about $8.70/hour, for a job you have spent 5 years studying for?
i think explosions hurt is using a joke to cover his ass for being wrong in the first place;)

HSC
neurologists
cardiothoracic surgen
airline pilot
air traffic controllers
CEO's
dentists
judges

im not sure..but lawyers?

HSC
i have no idea on the salary of a person in actuary but
im sure the pay package would range from the salaries given
out by small businesses to large businesses..

highest paying would be in entertainment or sports
but theres less than 100 people in both industries that
rake in large sums of money..the majority usually need
two jobs just to live..

but then agan, i stand corrected coz i have no idea on the
salary of that profession but ive never seen it mentioned
on highest average paying jobs..

Dr. Zoidberg

HSC
I wanna become a commercial pilot.

I heard commercial airline pilots earn a load of cash once they're captains.

Though they start off with crap pay when they begin their profession. (like $20K per year for working in the outback) :S

Good thing i don't have my own family yet or else i wouldn't be able to support them.

HSC
Dr. Zoidberg said:
I wanna become a commercial pilot.

I heard commercial airline pilots earn a load of cash once they're captains.

Though they start off with crap pay when they begin their profession. (like $20K per year for working in the outback) :S

Good thing i don't have my own family yet or else i wouldn't be able to support them.
sadly..thats true..but many are now paying equal or above the award wage..smething around 33k now..
senior captain in an airline like qantas can earn anything above $250 000 +
life insurance, loss of license insurance, staff discounts, 10-14 days off a month etc..

but if you wanna be a commercial pilot to earn tonnes of cash, your doing it for all the wrong reasons..

Dr. Zoidberg

HSC
xXmuffin0manXx said:
but if you wanna be a commercial pilot to earn tonnes of cash, your doing it for all the wrong reasons..
true,

I have a friend who wanted to become a pilot for the money but i told him that he should be doing something that he enjoys.

Luckily i do have an interest/love in aviation. So win-win :D :D (apart from the sacrifices i will have to make when i become one)

Btw xXmuffin0manXx, where are you gonna get your CPL?

HSC
ive already got my ppl..but its withheld till i turn 17..and ill begin my cpl course then..at a flying school =]

jordankuai22

HSC
xXmuffin0manXx said:
neurologists
cardiothoracic surgen
airline pilot
air traffic controllers
CEO's
dentists
judges

im not sure..but lawyers?
no,

fireman.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I wouldn't know what someone in the rescue services earns but if I wanted to go into the services I would be more dedicated to the saving of peoples lives than worried about my pay. I would dedicated if I chose that career path.... afterall money doesn't make you happy... it can influence how happy you can be though.

Becoming a pilot would be a pretty cool job. I would like to learn a little about aviation :). Sounds fun and looks fun... I've been in the cockpit a few times... mainly on smaller planes but once on a commercial plane :). My uncle let me in!

HSC
Aquawhite said:
I wouldn't know what someone in the rescue services earns but if I wanted to go into the services I would be more dedicated to the saving of peoples lives than worried about my pay. I would dedicated if I chose that career path.... afterall money doesn't make you happy... it can influence how happy you can be though.

Becoming a pilot would be a pretty cool job. I would like to learn a little about aviation :). Sounds fun and looks fun... I've been in the cockpit a few times... mainly on smaller planes but once on a commercial plane :). My uncle let me in!
yeah..i got to go in the cockpit of a 744 during work experience..btw
the rescue services pay was actually under the subject of highest paying..

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I thought so. I know that a first year paramedic will most likely get between 80k-100k per year! That's a lot to start off on...

HSC
Aquawhite said:
I thought so. I know that a first year paramedic will most likely get between 80k-100k per year! That's a lot to start off on...
actually..58 000

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)