Drop Ancient or Chemistry? (1 Viewer)

guitaristdrums

HSC
Chem becomes HARD in year 12
so if you are average in chem, drop it and keep ancient because you will do better at a subject you are good at and secondly, scaling doesnt affect toppers.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
Chem becomes HARD in year 12
so if you are average in chem, drop it and keep ancient because you will do better at a subject you are good at and secondly, scaling doesnt affect toppers.
100% agreed. One of the reasons why I'm dropping it.

Better to do something you enjoy rather than something you absolutely hate + can't get good marks in

saberbladexx

HSC
drop chem, acing Ancient is much better than coming average in chemistry, regardless their scaling difference.

sk-rulz

HSC
Chemistry has a higher scaling than ancient history. So i say drop history.

But i am being a bit of a hypocrite because i dropped chem for biology. I found it too hard...

duckcowhybrid

HSC
OMFG CHEM SCALES BETTER. Don't listen to Retards. 98 in Ancient will smack anything sub 96 in Chem, so don't worry about scaling. Ancient makes up for it. Drop Chem, and don't listen to that maths/science freaks. When you're that phenomenally good, you don't need to drop them because of scaling.

hn92

HSC
KEEP ANCIENT. obviously. if you like ancient and are pulling 98%, obviously keep it. if you like a subject you'll try even harder hence getting better marks. keep at the ancient ferr sure. If you don't like chem and aren't getting good marks in it, then drop it.. That'll only drag your atar down majorly :)

cactuar

HSC
OMFG CHEM SCALES BETTER. Don't listen to Retards. 98 in Ancient will smack anything sub 96 in Chem, so don't worry about scaling. Ancient makes up for it. Drop Chem, and don't listen to that maths/science freaks. When you're that phenomenally good, you don't need to drop them because of scaling.
this.

scaling means shit all in this situation. you are told to choose the subjects you are better at/like for a reason. not only do you have interest in it (hence SHOULD want to work in it) but studying for subjects you like is far far easier than subjects you dislike.

Last edited:

jazzzod

HSC
wow your from Bega.. i'm from Carroll at Batemans :D

Imo stick with Ancient. if you find it that easy, then use it to your advantage. I am dropping chemistry as soon as i can... hate it. Ancient on the other hand is enthralling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)