Err... Why!? (1 Viewer)

Pierotte

HSC
Funny when how you SHOULD feel about a person doesn't match up with how you DO feel.

Now I'm not saying there is a certain way that people should feel, but, well... ok to the point.

There's a guy at uni, I'm about 90% sure he likes me, 10% thinking that maybe he's just a really really nice person...

Like our history goes like this:
First week of uni on a daily basis he would buy me an iced tea. Like I'd be sitting somewhere and he'd walk up to me and go "peach or lemon" then chuck one over and sit and chat.

Then we were talking about music during one of these iced tea chats, and hes like "yeah i have 15 favourite songs" next day he had burnt me a cd of these songs.

Then he would do little things like come to my tutorial group (an hour after his) just because he felt like it

Then there were the "Im sorry if its out of line, but i really liked what u were wearing today" type text messages

Then it was ridiculous ammounts of text messages which were all "Hi, whatcha doing? Hows -insert subject- going? Wanna stay back this arvo and I'll help you out with it"

THEN it was "Ok, lets stay back this arvo and work on -insert subject- then we can grab some dinner" phonecalls

Then its random phonecalls "whatcha doing? nothing? Yeah wanna go do something"

Then theres things like i needed a copy of InDesign, so as soon as i said so he had gotten me a copy from his friend.

Then theres the random text messages/phone calls at 12:00 at night after ive just submitted a learning journal (you can see when people submit stuff) going "Oh, you subitted your journal in the wrong spot" or the next week about 1 min after id submitted it "AH congrats, put it in the right folder this time!"

Anyway, maybe im being full of my self, maybe he doesnt "like" me. Maybe hes just a really decent person...

So if someone was this nice to you wouldnt it be natural for you to like tham back an equal ammount?
Becuase i dont.
And i feel bad becuase i feel i should, and im not even nice to him, i dont return all his messages, i dont feel like talking to him on the phone, i dont get the urge to randomly call him or approach him and ask how his day has been...

Instead i find my self falling for a guy who I simply cant get along with.
Everytime he rings me it ends up with one of us hanging up pissed off
Everytime i see him we end up in an argument
Everytime he sends me a message i wont reply for days because.. well i dunno.
Ditto for everytime i send him one.

But last time he rung we seriously argued for a whole 2 hours before i finally gave in... who stays on the phone with someone for that long simply arguing!!??
Last time i saw him we spent the whole day together without getting bored.. but well with me getting really violent and pissed of and hurting him.

After each event we wont talk for a week.
Then someone will "give in."

Cept then he'll do little things like invite me to a cocktail party when its only going to be like him and 10 of his close friends.
Or ask if i want to keep him company while hes moving houses (like 5 mins away from me!)
Or just contact me to say he likes talking to me... then thats the end of that conversation.

I think we have this hostile thing going where we dont want to show that we like each other at all, or that we need to ever speak to each other...
But i think i do genuinely hate him just a little..
And i think in a way he hates me too

But its interesting, and as much as i hate him i like him.

In a way he's too much like me...

And i know that neither one of us is going to make the first move... becuase that would almost be like resigning and saying "Fine, you win. I like you and i have to make that clear, i cant wait for you to do so."
Its fucked up... but thats the way it is.

As if i wouldnt have feelings for the nice guy and just leave the raging ego maniac alone.

Maybe i dont like the nice one because he made it too easy... and i dont know WHY he likes me, like its too... NICE! He's only ever seen the nice side of me and me only the nice side of him.

I almost resent him for always being there...
But in the same way its lovely knowing someone is thinking about u.

But isnt that what u would want in a relationship? Someone who is easy to get along with?
Not someone who you fight with.

I dunno. This is so very year 6.

(damn, i was hoping by the time i was finished typing that I'd have it all sorted out in my head.. but alas that is not the case, so now i must hit submit and add to the L&R crap pile)

Zeus!

Banned
HSC
N/A
I can't fuckin believe I just read all that.

Sometimes you shit me, Pie.

Just fuckin root one of them and be done.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Conflict makes him interesting to you, it's natural to be drawn to somebody who's your polar opposite, but perhaps you'd be best not to pursue this one unless you're sure you're ready for it.

litany

Helpfool
HSC
withoutaface said:
Conflict makes him interesting to you, it's natural to be drawn to somebody who's your polar opposite, but perhaps you'd be best not to pursue this one unless you're sure you're ready for it.
This, in layman's terms, pans into.

You like him cause he's an ass to you, he likes you cause your an ass to him, and you shouldn't combine in holy communion unless your prepared for a life filled with assholishness.

santaslayer

HSC
I think I'd be 100% sure he likes you. No one camps on the computer waiting for a post on the message board. Too easy is too boring.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
:rofl:
take the second one, you 2 go well together (in a good way)
i think you need someone a bit more eccentric than number 1

also, waiting on the msg board and then messaging you, twice, is a little too clingy for comfort.

Last edited:

arrested development
HSC
It's pretty simple: people always like people who don't really like them back. End of story. Because we're all masochists.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
i cant be bothered reading that either.

all i can say is.... i dont know how many relationships started out when people were "not totally sure". My best mate wasnt sure about his girlfriend but now they've been together for nearly a year i think, possibly more.

Skeeta

HSC
i wish that first guy was gay and he would be my gay best friend "will and grace" style

i like him

Mongke

HSC
from what i know of year 6 dating (a fair deal) it sounds like relationships come easy to bachelor # 1 but not so to you and bachelor # 2. i dont want to pass any judgements so ill keep it simple.

# 1 will be good to you.
the attraction to # 2 may stem from a father figure you had.
# 2 is more like you.
# 1 may not understand your "other" side as you put it. but, because he sounds more confident in relationships he may deal with it better.
# 1 sounds like hes either gay or has never had a relationship before. i dont think he just wants to be your friend, if i was doing that to someone (id be in year 10) but it wouldnt be for a hug at the end.

we cannot tell you who to choose because we dont know them, so im afraid its up to you.

Pierotte

HSC
Mongke said:
from what i know of year 6 dating (a fair deal) it sounds like relationships come easy to bachelor # 1 but not so to you and bachelor # 2. i dont want to pass any judgements so ill keep it simple.

# 1 will be good to you.
# 2 is more like you.
# 1 may not understand your "other" side as you put it. but, because he sounds more confident in relationships he may deal with it better.
# 1 sounds like hes either gay or has never had a relationship before. i dont think he just wants to be your friend, if i was doing that to someone (id be in year 10) but it wouldnt be for a hug at the end.

we cannot tell you who to choose because we dont know them, so im afraid its up to you.
... all i can say to that is the monkey in your av has a small penis.

CHODE
hehe

Last edited:

alby

cool duckie
HSC
Pie: #1 to you is just a 'nice guy' and will remain like that until either of you make an advance or get over the other person.
your relationship #2 is very love-hate. i had that sort of thing with my first ex..i hated him calling me 24/7 when i was in yr 12, but stayed with him because i didn't know what else to do. not saying you 2 are anything like that though...i just have an idea of what that sort of thing's life (and from my experience, you'll eventually get over it and wonder why you stayed with him for so long)

i guess you've got to think, do you want:
a) a guy who's sweet, gets you stuff you want, talks to you about everything and anything all the time, and is there for you (and probably stalks you while he's at it)
or
b) a guy who you're constantly fighting with, probably in an on again off again relationship with, but you were probably also really close to (otherwise why would you like him so much, right?)
or
c) some other guy who could be the same as or a combo of the other 2

caus in the end they're the only possibilities. you dont have to have, like or love any of them, but they're basically the only sorts of guys out there. you've currently got one of each..do you want an extremity or a (*potentially* ho-hum) middle guy?
azzie said:
all i can say is.... i dont know how many relationships started out when people were "not totally sure".
neither my bf or i actually considered the other as our 'bf' or 'gf' until a good few weeks after we started seeing eachother..it was just a "yeah, i'm seeing mark/manda today" relationship (which was obviously also good fun). nowdays, we're head-over-heels for eachother :)
Mongke said:
no, we are not freud! that guy was a strange strange man (he had sexual fantasies about his MUM!! *shudders and pukes*)

Last edited:

Mongke

HSC
alby said:
no, we are not freud! that guy was a strange strange man (he had sexual fantasies about his MUM!! *shudders and pukes*)
suppose youre right, but it does help. i know loads of girls who only go out with guys who treat them like their father but i hope i didnt give that impression, just specultaion.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i'm not saying that you did, but i'd hope pie's dad didnt treat her like that guy is

and also being with a guy who treats you like you dad did doesn't imply that he treats you bad either...could just be that plutonic (or semi) 'kind' or 'nice' sort of thing too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)