Essay pen (1 Viewer)

HSC
I like using the Pilot Rex grip or the Bic Pro pens. The 4 in 1 Pens are annoying as they are too big and hurt your hand after a while

zeezee

HSC
Pilot pens. the fine one.
Best.thing.ever.
haha i lost mine before my exam, and even though i had a pencilcase full of other pens, i just lost it and ran to the newsagents to get that pen ... So worth it., managed 9 pages without my hand even hurting :)

Willohfish

HSC
N/A
I don't like using felt tip pens - they tend to seep into the surrounding paper when you write, and while most people don't notice it, I write small enough for it to have an effect on how neat my hand writing is. Gel pens tend to smudge a little, too, so I use Parker ball points. They work first time every time (No scribbling on corners trying to get it to work) and I've never had one of my pens stop working halfway through a word. They're a little more expensive than normal pens, but you only need one - two if you like having things seperate for home and school. Well worth the money.

... I know. It's geeky to love a pen so much.

felinkity

HSC
I like to use staedtler ballpoint pens... I think they write really easily, but maybe I'm missing something in the whole pen debate :]

CherryTinsel

HSC
Wow.. I didn't realise there was such a 'culture' for choosing the right pen for an essay, lmao. I feel kind of left out. >_> But honestly I wouldn't go shopping for a perfect pen.

That said, whenever I do go pen shopping I'm partial to buying gel pens. I find that I can write faster (sigh, I am a print writer. Cursive and I
≠ good times) if my pen is rather 'inky'. And I find that it doesn't smudge easily, either (hurrah for being right handed.)

I think I usually get papermate 'gel roller' or something similar to that. It's not too fat but it's comfortable, especially for someone like me who presses so hard like I'm trying to cut the paper or something stupid. (sigh)

gsweeper

HSC
I use anything i have, but with some of the cheaper pens my writing is shit :p lolol

blackforest

HSC
there are some people who are extremely fussy about pens, like me.

gotta love pilot super grip in fine.
uniball jetstream is really good for writing essays. fast, smooth, doesnt smudge. $5 each though.

i find that certain pens make my handwriting look big, small, messy etc. it has to be perfect, or near perfect.

in-sane

HSC
as a leftie,
i HATE gelpens as they smudge so easily.
i used to like felt tips but the tips always get this weird angle if i lend to other people.

so it's kilometric for me nowadays.
nothing fancy. :)

Happy ZZ

HSC
Have used Staedtler stick 430 M in blue, black and red since Year 9, quite skinny so they hurt my hand to write for long periods of time. Really light weight and convenient for class work though, plus the nicest colour, only pen that makes my book work look neat (cursive style).

In exams this past week though I've found it much easier to write my long responses with a Parker pen; shapes into my hand, glides, but not too glidey, heavy, but doesn't strain... love perhaps? :)

Would definately suggest you buy one, they're worth the dollars.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
That reminds me to go out and buy the more expensive pens I want for next year :D

spammy679

MLIA
HSC
Kilometrico pen with 3 caps.
I find it balances the weight of the pen, making my handwriting neater. But that's just me :p

HSC
Those 4 in 1 pens are horrible. They're so fat and strain your wrist after a while.
I've been practising writing with my kilometrico, and I guess it's pretty good and doesn't smudge much
Fatter pens are actually better for you. Have you ever noticed the size of the pens that doctors use? :haha:

For relevance, I usually take in a few different pens, because my hand cramps up badly. Bic Smoothie, Bic 4in1, Bic Ultra Round Stic (Grip and No Grip).
I am a little weird though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)