European Anger as China Executes Briton (1 Viewer)

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
spot on. moral relativism is a load of fucking garbage. the only reason why china still allows this bastardisation of human rights to continue is because it's a country run by and populated significantly by bloodthirsty savages. once they get out of the stone age and into the real world they'll realise that there are some people that don't deserve death - a mentally crippled man with three children who had NO IDEA about what he was doing is one such person. See the following link for more information

Link
yes, we out here in the real world are so advanced and civilized that we kill with cruise missiles that are worth several millions a pop and execute criminals with an expensive drug cocktail that stops the heart in under a minute; we launch our expensive and sophisticated missiles at unarmed civilians in uncivilized countries and call it collateral damage or faulty intelligence; we go around wagging finger at these so called savages for their violation of human rights, while less than 50 years ago, and even up till the 1990s people of colour were still being treated as less than animals in most parts of our "civilized" world. The Chinese are bloodthirsty savages for living in the stone age and not adapting to our methods1!!!!!11!!one!!1! How dare they!1!111!~11!

Thing101

Banned
HSC
N/A
fuck off, your sense of politics and reality is warped
but umm, its the truth you fucking stupid cunt. Manmohan Singh along with the rest of congress party suck up china's ass daily. Not my fault you are too sped to realize it.

kjerste

HSC
Breaches of human rights happen everyday all over the world, developed or not... and it does not happen only to 'westerners who travel overseas', ie. mexicans being lured into dangerous contracts with american slaughterhouses. Too bad some people can not discuss this matter objectively and resort to emotional rants on the country in question.

Last edited:

mastermind666

HSC
If the story were true, and the alleged drug trafficker had been hoodwinked by criminal masterminds, then this is a gross injustice done against him. Unfortunately we cannot do anything about it as we cannot interfere in the legal system of another country. When I say "cannot" I mean it in the literal sense - we are unable to.

Then again, the Chinese authorities have a predisposition for execution, as they have immense gains and profits to make out of it (which I find sickening) such as organs. It is probable that they did not want to make an investigation into the man's supposed insanity because they have a financial motive to kill the man.

This is due to the loophole in the Chinese legal code, that organs cannot be harvested from a person without consent - UNLESS that person is a prisoner.

This is a really sad situation, and we cannot do anything about it - any intervention could spark tension between two militarily powerful parties (China and Britain/US), which is really dangerous for the world.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Anyone else notice that the trial went for 30 minutes? Now, I'm not a lawyer, but that seems to be off by a year or two.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
but umm, its the truth you fucking stupid cunt. Manmohan Singh along with the rest of congress party suck up china's ass daily. Not my fault you are too sped to realize it.

My point was that your initial comment was misdirected. Why do I care? Why shouldn't "I talk" about the increasing sycophantic behaviour towards China from western countries, just because India, the country of my ancestry may or may not also be engaged in a similar type of diplomacy? I live in Australia and my interest in Indian politics is extremely casual.

Your sense of reality is warped because you aren't able to understand context. You tried to frame me as some sort of hypocrite with a moot point, a sort of connection that a six year old would make. It reveals that you have absolutely no comprehension of the politics of the world, nor do you pay attention to its nuances.

I suggest that with your attention span, that you rightly fuck off.

Last edited:

Thing101

Banned
HSC
N/A
My point was that your initial comment was misdirected. Why do I care? Why shouldn't "I talk" about the increasing sycophantic behaviour towards China from western countries, just because India, the country of my ancestry may or may not also be engaged in a similar type of diplomacy? I live in Australia and my interest in Indian politics is extremely casual.

Your sense of reality is warped because you aren't able to understand context. You tried to frame me as some sort of hypocrite with a moot point, a sort of connection that a six year old would make. It reveals that you have absolutely no comprehension of the politics of the world, nor do you pay attention to its nuances.

I suggest that with your attention span, that you rightly fuck off.

jellybelly59

HSC
k so Khmer Rouge was ok executing 3 million of their citizens and Vietnam's invasion was completely unwarranted. Thanks for enlightening me.
LOL that doesn't really help with your case that country's should be entitled to state sovereignty given that the Khmer Rouge only came into power because of American and Vietnamese intervention into Cambodian domestic affairs.

0bs3n3

HSC
LOL that doesn't really help with your case that country's should be entitled to state sovereignty given that the Khmer Rouge only came into power because of American and Vietnamese intervention into Cambodian domestic affairs.
I wasn't even making that case, the opposite in fact.

jellybelly59

HSC
I wasn't even making that case, the opposite in fact.
sorry it should have read like this :

LOL that doesn't really help with your case that country's shouldn't be entitled to state sovereignty given that the Khmer Rouge only came into power because of American and Vietnamese intervention into Cambodian domestic affairs.

X

xeuyrawp

I always am amazed when I hear of people, usually Americans but sometimes Australians and other Westerners, who think that they are only subject to the laws of their own country.
You pulled a complete strawman by suggesting that this person thought they were only subject to the laws of the UK. Congratulations, we can add you to the list of people who completely have no idea what they're talking about.

As stated above, the guy was seriously mentally ill. To the point where it could easily be proven that he had no idea what he was doing. His trial lasted a whole 30 minutes, and his ' "mental sickness" ' as the Chinese judge called it was of course brushed aside by a legal system that effectively doesn't recognise mental illness, let alone someone's right to a fair trial or even right to life itself.

Just because you respect another country's sovereignty does not mean that you can't condemn its despicable actions against thousands of people, at least one of whom (this case) was undoubtedly not guilty of full drug-trafficking charges.

Then again, I suppose it's difficult to execute only guilty people when you annually execute five times more people than every other nation combined. :rolleyes:

jellybelly59

HSC
State sovereignty is not more important than basic human rights you fucking sped nong.
LOL CaptainNemo i was just merely pointing out that Obs3n3's example against state sovereignty was not really a good example rather than inferring that
state sovereignty > human rights so please just tone down your language and be slightly more civil.

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
you're a moron
and you're a fucking dickhead. "...and populated significantly by bloodthirsty savages" are you fucking kidding me? humans are vile, disgusting, violent creatures regardless of race or origin, get off your fucking moral high horse, nobody's innocent in this shit. Judge it for what it is - a complete disregard to justice and due process, and leave your bs out of it. The Chinese legal system is a joke because it is controlled by an authoritarian government that is run by a bunch of corrupt idiots who, after 30 years, still can't figure out whether they should be communists or capitalists; it's not because those "bloodthirsty savages" that populate China demand it to be that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)