everyones studying? ahh (1 Viewer)

jasmineIStheSEX

HSC
Studying BEFORE prelim even starts? What the ... ?! Insane.

Save it for the HSC. You realise halfway through prelim that your assessments arn't going to count towards anything. Just make sure you have a grip on the course content ...
i totally agree! i heard from friends that you can burn out even before u start the hsc. so save it !

PrettyVacant

HSC
OKAY YOU ANAL LITTLE PRELIM KIDS: -

1. Yr 11 doesn't count towards the HSC.
2. If you're worried about rankings and "cut-offs" for certain courses, I cannot really relate as my school did not employ such procedures. My advice is that if you are struggling in yr 11 extension 1 maths to maintain some sort of "rank" then maybe you shouldn't undertake the even more difficult extension 2 maths course as you will find that even more of a struggle.
3. Seriously don't burn out. It's not worth it. :p You guys are only human, you can't maintain so much study.

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING:

STUDY SMART, NOT HARD.

Air Jordan

HSC
lol, okay okay I wasn't trying to piss you off or anything, I was just annoyed at the number of older students that are always bugging us. I agree with your last post, I just don't agree with people saying that you don't need to study (even once).

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Well, its still good advice. You have the summer holidays to relax and freshen up after the Prelim and the first term of the HSC. Considering that you have around 4-5 weeks into the second term to prepare for your half-yearlies (in most cases), it'll be beneficial for you in the long term. Just don't burn out.

Air Jordan

HSC
Yes, I do appreciate the advice anyhow. I have been relaxing these summer holidays since I've been overseas most of the time (going back to Australia today).

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
OKAY YOU ANAL LITTLE PRELIM KIDS: -

1. Yr 11 doesn't count towards the HSC.
2. If you're worried about rankings and "cut-offs" for certain courses, I cannot really relate as my school did not employ such procedures. My advice is that if you are struggling in yr 11 extension 1 maths to maintain some sort of "rank" then maybe you shouldn't undertake the even more difficult extension 2 maths course as you will find that even more of a struggle.
3. Seriously don't burn out. It's not worth it. :p You guys are only human, you can't maintain so much study.

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING:

STUDY SMART, NOT HARD.
Study Smart, not hard was something one of my teachers said to me at the end of year 10 in my report card. My maths teachers I believe. This is one of my favourite things to go by and reminds me that writing out a chunk of stuff just isn't going to work.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Clocked a grand total of... wait for it... 10 seconds of study on the entire holiday (when I found a prelim textbook I bought laying around, I flicked through it)

suzlee

HSC
I only just discovered that I'm not meant to be at school tomorrow. For me school starts on Thursday :eek:

yay... one more extra day of relaxation!

2S1D3

HSC
Ok look this is what I did, since i wanted to study SMARTLY i started studying during Term 3 of year 11 so i could learn some skills that I could use during the HSC and I ended up with 90+ uai, I'm not trying to brag or something but seriously studying 5 hours a day wont get you anywhere,i dont think i even did that much study during stu vac but anyway its up to you you might even regret studying so much when youre burnt out right before your trials?

aero135

Super Ultimate User!
HSC
CHILL mannn!

do the work but dont go overboard

but do the WORK

suzlee

HSC
This whole "burning out" thing is different for everyone. 5 hours a day of study might be enough to burn one person out but it might not for another.

hn92

HSC
wow lmao so many people replied to my thread .. woooo

and for people that are like 'OMG your a loser who the fuck studies' blah blah
ALOT of people do.
i have a feeling that the 2010 HSC year are going to do really well :)

school on thurs. holidays went so fun. and no i didnt end up studying at all HAHA. god im terrible lol.

LiveUrLife93

HSC
haha beat u all we go back next tuesday :haha: ok i actually want to go back so it seems soo far away but i guess the extra days of relaxing is a good thing soz to rub it in to all you guys that have to get up tomorro morn ;)

hope everyone has awesome first days back whenever you do :)

good luckk x

Takuto

HSC
each path has its pros and cons

study in yr 11: good study habits for year 12 which is very important, albeit a (imo very low) chance to burn out

dont study in yr 11: a whole year of bludge and relaxation, at the sacrifice of your study habits (if u cbf for year 11, chances are u cbf for year 12 either; contrary to what you may believe it is very difficult for a persons motivation to change). dont be fooled by the nerds who bludged and still got like 90+, they go to the gayest top ranked schools and are generally suck the teachers c0x anyway

in the end though, wud u really regret studying too much, or not studying enough? haha.

bored of sc

HSC
Not everyone's studying. It's just 90% of the people of here study.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)