everyones studying? ahh (1 Viewer)

hn92

HSC
well... im going into yr 11 prelim next year.. ive been talking to heaps of my friends and theyve all been studying all hols even though this is our last break before starting the new subjects and stuff..
should i be studying ? like reading up on my new subjects or something ? or should i just not bother and wait until i get back to school ?
i don't want to go back to school and be some n00b ahhaha

:)

bored.of.u

HSC
well... im going into yr 11 prelim next year.. ive been talking to heaps of my friends and theyve all been studying all hols even though this is our last break before starting the new subjects and stuff..
should i be studying ? like reading up on my new subjects or something ? or should i just not bother and wait until i get back to school ?
i don't want to go back to school and be some n00b ahhaha

:)
yeh u could start if u wanted to...its never too late to start =D

HSC
LOL! HELL NO!
Just relax! This holiday is our last holiday to literally have fun and bludge.
I think in our yr11 holidays, we will need to study because of work and exams.
and plus, i dont think we will get another bludgy holiday like this until we finish the HSC

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Ah...don't get too serious with studying. I thought studying a lot in prelim would help but it didn't help AT ALL...

Just do maths, I guess. lol

georgefren

HSC
You dont need to study for prelim much, since none of it counts and the courses are much easier than the hsc.

HSC
You dont need to study for prelim much, since none of it counts and the courses are much easier than the hsc.
Others may have reasons to do well in prelim.

E.g.

What I want to do after school requires my year 11 results.

Other than that, I agree with what you say but I also think
that it is essential that those who don't have regular studying habits,
to develop them.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
why would they ask for your prelim results

there is no reason to be studying in the holidays

Brontecat

HSC
i wouldnt bother now it's no use burning yourself out before year 11 even starts

thats my opinion anyway :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Um, me? But I am studying for HSC so it's little bit different. :eek:

.isabellus

HSC
Studying BEFORE prelim even starts? What the ... ?! Insane.

Save it for the HSC. You realise halfway through prelim that your assessments arn't going to count towards anything. Just make sure you have a grip on the course content ...

same person

HSC
If you're particularly concerned about it, a bit of reading should be sufficient, text books, excel etc...

says she who didn't do any before prelim...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

Save it for the HSC. You realise halfway through prelim that your assessments arn't going to count towards anything. Just make sure you have a grip on the course content ...
Now that's a bit ridiculous. How do you "save it for the HSC?". By forming your own habit earlier, you are more adapted to that studying habit. It's either you start it earlier, or never start at all.

Kudos to anyone who have already started studying. That will certainly serve them well really because they have a nice preparation routine going.

And there are subjects that you canont just have a "grip on the course content" as they can be potentially tested on HSC. For example up to 30% (or thereabout) of 2 unit maths and 3 unit can be tested. You cannot rest easy on them because of that. What about general maths? Up to 50% can be tested or thereabout.

Most people who have ended up well with good UAI are usually the ones who start early with consistent studying routine. (guess I won't get high UAI now, damn).

Kudos again to those who started. I hope you continue that journey. The point of HSC is to not just to survive, it's to play the system and enjoy it. Starting early with consistent studying will help you get that enjoyment. (because you don't want to load yourself with 100000+ pages 1 day before HSC of textbook reading after playing hard)

.isabellus

HSC
My advice was just 'save it for the HSC', and I said that from personal experience. I was referring to effort, and in some cases, just general willingness to work. I studied like bleeding hell for prelim, and I've burnt out. My honest advice for anyone starting the preliminary course would be yes, study, but don't put all your eggs in the prelim HSC basket..

Yes I agree forming excellent study habits early is essential, but this doesn't mean studying before the courses have already begun! I think it's too much. Personal opinion though, don't kill me.

hn92

HSC
yesss .. well i got got scared when i found out one of my friends parents is making her study 6hrs a day (WTF !)
yeah fck studying. :) ill start when i get back to schoool LOL

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC

couldnt have put it better.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I think, if your studying, thats great! If not, thats fine, you just have different priorities. Different people work differently, and at this stage your study habits should reflect what you find most important, whether it be school, hanging out with mates or whatever, so long as you are satisfied with where your at.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
My advice was just 'save it for the HSC', and I said that from personal experience. I was referring to effort, and in some cases, just general willingness to work. I studied like bleeding hell for prelim, and I've burnt out. My honest advice for anyone starting the preliminary course would be yes, study, but don't put all your eggs in the prelim HSC basket..

Yes I agree forming excellent study habits early is essential, but this doesn't mean studying before the courses have already begun! I think it's too much. Personal opinion though, don't kill me.
Well that's agreed. I cast my full acquiescence on that aspect.

But that's why I added a word "consistent studying". You can never get burnt out with consistent studying because consistent studying means that you are mentally and physicall used to it preventing you from the danger of "burning out".

.isabellus

HSC
Well that's agreed. I cast my full acquiescence on that aspect.

But that's why I added a word "consistent studying". You can never get burnt out with consistent studying because consistent studying means that you are mentally and physicall used to it preventing you from the danger of "burning out".

Actually .. yeah I agree with that. I wish I took the advice of my teachers and parents when they told me the same thing at the beginning on year 11.

Consistent study people!

And hollyy. .. thanks :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)