everyones studying? ahh (1 Viewer)

Air Jordan

HSC
each path has its pros and cons

study in yr 11: good study habits for year 12 which is very important, albeit a (imo very low) chance to burn out

dont study in yr 11: a whole year of bludge and relaxation, at the sacrifice of your study habits (if u cbf for year 11, chances are u cbf for year 12 either; contrary to what you may believe it is very difficult for a persons motivation to change). dont be fooled by the nerds who bludged and still got like 90+, they go to the gayest top ranked schools and are generally suck the teachers c0x anyway

in the end though, wud u really regret studying too much, or not studying enough? haha.
Totally agreed

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Well I'm back to school tomorrow. AND the funniest thing was I was walking downtown today up to BIGW and I saw the teachers in a club drinking and having a sort of reunion thingo. It's very weird watching your teachers drink alcohol XD. Anyway at least they all waved and they really treat the seniors with a lot of repect...

jennieTalia

HSC
each path has its pros and cons

study in yr 11: good study habits for year 12 which is very important, albeit a (imo very low) chance to burn out

dont study in yr 11: a whole year of bludge and relaxation, at the sacrifice of your study habits (if u cbf for year 11, chances are u cbf for year 12 either; contrary to what you may believe it is very difficult for a persons motivation to change). dont be fooled by the nerds who bludged and still got like 90+, they go to the gayest top ranked schools and are generally suck the teachers c0x anyway

in the end though, wud u really regret studying too much, or not studying enough? haha.

Mathematics and all that may need a lot of Prelim work as it sets the foundations for year 12 work. Most other courses don't need Prelim topics to be able to teach you year 12 work, but Maths does.

Takuto

HSC
Mathematics and all that may need a lot of Prelim work as it sets the foundations for year 12 work. Most other courses don't need Prelim topics to be able to teach you year 12 work, but Maths does.
lol yer haha, maths is pretty much the only subject that continues on.

dnt end up like me slept through the whole of yr11maths. understood shit all when the hsc came around; wayyy too far behind lol.

fly-away

HSC
N/A
My gosh 5hrs of study each day?! Does that include homework? O_O But either way... that's long... very long.

I didn't study at all this holiday, although i did flick through the syllabus for a couple of subjects. I was aiming to do some studying, but it did not work out T_T
I've been told, however, that i should really really study in yr 11 to keep up with the 'selective students,' and if i don't it's too difficult to get 95+ (Been told i go to a crappy public school LOL)

HSC
lol who got the massive speech from teachers on their first day back telling them to study heaps or something?

cuz last yr the subject co ord at our school kinda went on for half an hr to yr 10s telling us to STUDY STUDY STUDY LIKE CRAZY for school cert XD

HSC
hmm. nah. we didnt get that whole lecture, coz its kind of self-explanatory, that from now on we have to work, study smart & hard.
i'll start studying as soon as we get work. =]

georgefren

HSC
Seriously, theres a limit to how much you can study efficiently. For me, thats about an hour on a subject. any more than that, and i get bored shitless and start messing around.

So i study about two hours a day, two subjects a day. And (except for maths) it seems to be working.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
My gosh 5hrs of study each day?! Does that include homework? O_O But either way... that's long... very long.

I didn't study at all this holiday, although i did flick through the syllabus for a couple of subjects. I was aiming to do some studying, but it did not work out T_T
I've been told, however, that i should really really study in yr 11 to keep up with the 'selective students,' and if i don't it's too difficult to get 95+ (Been told i go to a crappy public school LOL)
The kid who studied 5 hours each day only did it during weekends and holidays. I wouldn't suggest studying hard out. Just study until you have a firm comprehension of what you're studying.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
The kid who studied 5 hours each day only did it during weekends and holidays. I wouldn't suggest studying hard out. Just study until you have a firm comprehension of what you're studying.

lol, he studies only on weekend and holidays? Thats so strange, when i studied my attitude was always work damn hard on the week days and have fun on the weekend/holidays.

truestar92

HSC
lol why would you study on the holidays?
isnt this like your last chance of freedom before they actually start giving you holiday hw

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I find it's much easier to study and make notes or revise during the week, just after you've finished school and it's kind of fresh in your mind (except for Friday arvo's and nights, that is when I do hardly anything).

It makes sense to kick back and relax a little bit on the weekends. I personally still do work, but not AS much.

KarenCn

HSC
study on BOTH weekdays and weekends

the distinction is purely sociological and artificial

a day is a day is a day

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)