Exam predictions (1 Viewer)

lockedbox

HSC
any guesses about the studies of religion paper? how about ancient history? I recon that the 25 marker for greek world is going to be about the changing relationships of the league and/or themistocles contribution. I've also got a feeling that the pericles 15 mark question is going to be about the peleponiesian war, or at least I hope it will be.

acehscwebsite

HSC
N/A
studies of Religion for

Islam: short answers - higher mark (usually (6 -8)) , my guess is that it would be on the significance of a significant practice
For Christianity: higher mark (usually (6 -8)) , my guess is that it would be on ethics
for Judaism : higher mark (usually (6 -8)) , my guess is that it would be on ethics again

the pattern follows that the 15 marker for in depth study would be a combination of all three areas (obviously will use the words, living religious tradition or the distinctive nature of the religious tradition)

jamesfirst

HSC
studies of Religion for

Islam: short answers - higher mark (usually (6 -8)) , my guess is that it would be on the significance of a significant practice
For Christianity: higher mark (usually (6 -8)) , my guess is that it would be on ethics
for Judaism : higher mark (usually (6 -8)) , my guess is that it would be on ethics again

the pattern follows that the 15 marker for in depth study would be a combination of all three areas (obviously will use the words, living religious tradition or the distinctive nature of the religious tradition)
I hope the extended response is a combination of all 3.

Wayyyyyyyyy easier to write a sophisticated essay that way.

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC
For SOR1, it says to do a different religion for the last 2 sections. Since the papers sections are split up, how would they know?

smartalec

HSC
I have a good prediction for SOR. I was looking at the extra stuff with the 2009 papers that gave sample answers to the 20 markers the first year they gave out the quote. In that document, they discuss alternative types of short answer questions. They pretty much warned they could give us a quote/broad question as like an eight marker. fml.

lockedbox

HSC
For SOR1, it says to do a different religion for the last 2 sections. Since the papers sections are split up, how would they know?
I think they check when they put all the sections together again or register the choices on the computer database, that way its easy to see who doubles up.

HSC
of greater importance is the 4u paper on monday (!)

my prediction, q1 - integration, q2 - complex numbers

can't predict the rest - but mechanics, volumes, graphs, polynomials and harder 3u will be in the exam

silence--

HSC
^no conics? :p

my bet is on some resisted motion + harder 3u in q6/7. probably inequalities and circle geo.
q8 will be some mindfuck spanning multiple topics.

haha im fucked :L

topaz1912

HSC
^no conics? :p

my bet is on some resisted motion + harder 3u in q6/7. probably inequalities and circle geo.
q8 will be some mindfuck spanning multiple topics.

haha im fucked :L
THIS. Harder 3 unit is both impossible to do and almost impossible to prepare for. And question 8 hahahaha I can foresee me waving the white flag after just reading the question.

2010 mechanics was easy and just 3 marks so I'm really afraid they'll throw something impossible. I think they will. Crap........

engie_benji

HSC
Is it true that the last question in extension 2 maths is created by a bunch of professors? And an average of only like 2 people get the question right per year? Thats what all the MX2 kids at my school say lol

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Is it true that the last question in extension 2 maths is created by a bunch of professors? And an average of only like 2 people get the question right per year? Thats what all the MX2 kids at my school say lol
No, (to the fact that only 2 people get it right).

As for who writes the exam - I believe it's a combination of teachers and academics and whatnot.

HSC
Uni Grad
you guys are srsly overreacting, q8 isn't by any means impossible

any capable 4u student should be able to get around 6-7/15

i've managed 15/15 on some of the easier years (e.g. 2007)

apollo1

Banned
HSC
you guys are srsly overreacting, q8 isn't by any means impossible

any capable 4u student should be able to get around 6-7/15

i've managed 15/15 on some of the easier years (e.g. 2007)
yeh this. q8 in 2004 and 2007 and 2006 and 2009 were easy. the hard q8s are when they pull in famous proofs.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
yeh this. q8 in 2004 and 2007 and 2006 and 2009 were easy. the hard q8s are when they pull in famous proofs.
I couldn't do the last question of 2009. The probability question. Looked at it during reading time, never bothered with it again.

But I thanked my lucky stars that probability was the last question. The harder it is, the better for me. I sucked ass at probability anyway, so even if it was a medium-level question, I wouldn't have got it correct, whereas some others would've.

roryclifford

HSC
I couldn't do the last question of 2009. The probability question. Looked at it during reading time, never bothered with it again.

But I thanked my lucky stars that probability was the last question. The harder it is, the better for me. I sucked ass at probability anyway, so even if it was a medium-level question, I wouldn't have got it correct, whereas some others would've.
This is random but could you actually run through 2009 8. a) ii) for me? I don't understand the working in my solutions book.

If it's too much to type don't worry though :p

Neologism

HSC
Hmm as for predictions, what is the chance they will ask for ONE related text rather than TWO for Extension 1 English? :/ I do textual dynamics by the way. Also, my prediction is that they will give a visual stimulus

Edit: I mean, one rather than 'texts'...

smik11

HSC
Hmm as for predictions, what is the chance they will ask for ONE related text rather than TWO for Extension 1 English? :/ I do textual dynamics by the way. Also, my prediction is that they will give a visual stimulus

Edit: I mean, one rather than 'texts'...
I dont think that this is probable because my teacher says that bos wants us to be widely read for ext 1 so i doubt they would restrict us to one related.

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
I dont think that this is probable because my teacher says that bos wants us to be widely read for ext 1 so i doubt they would restrict us to one related.
sometimes they dont specify
u can get away with 1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)