Fatties have right to extra airline seat (1 Viewer)

banco55

HSC
This is a joke:

Airlines are now forced to give obese passengers an extra seat after Canada's Supreme Court has refused to hear an appeal. The world-first decision was released Thursday, leaving airlines obligated to provide, at no extra charge, an extra seat to passengers who are functionally disabled by obesity. Airlines must also provide an extra seat to a severely disabled person who needs to be accompanied by an attendant, or needs extra room for a wheelchair.
The regulation applies only to domestic flights in Canada.

http://en.epochtimes.com/n2/world/courts-canada-airlines-obese-free-seat-7476.html

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Mostly your own retarded fault you're a fatcunt -> pay for your own extra seat.

Scissors

HSC
oh wtf! when i read 'this is a joke' in the op's post i thought the entire article was a joke and fatties weren't given the right to an extra seat free of charge.

fuck. this shit is outrageous.

as waf said, you choose to stuff your face everyday, deal with it bitch. buy your own extra seat.

bocaj4224

HSC
You have to pay if you want a baby to get its own seat. You have to pay if you want a seat for your feet. You should pay if you want a seat for your self inflicted fat!!!

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
No way. Eating is an addiction like any other. It's harder than you think to quit. They must hate themselves enough already. We don't need to punish them any further. They should get the same treatment and price as anyone else. Yes Overweight people have right to extra airline seat.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
If you're so overweight that you need an extra seat then you have a problem, this isn't a matter of someone just being a lazy cunt. It seems wrong to me to say on the one hand an airline needs to make room for those in wheel chairs and not those who are morbidly obese. If you have a problem with any such measure to make airlines service the disabled and things like disabled parking spots etc then sure you should probably oppose this.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
It could be a medical problem... hell if you are so obese you are functionally disabled then you should be given the same sort of treatment as other disabled customers, it doesnt matter why you are obese.

Its not like when issuing disability parking stickers they ask you how you became disabled. Oh you need a wheelchair and oxygen mask because of lung cancer? ok if you got lung cancer as bad luck then you can have the sticker, if you got it from a lifetime of smoking then get fucked you cunt, park with everyone else!

the law doesnt work like that. severe obesity can be recognised as a disability and we cant descriminate against those with a disability based on HOW they got it. i am sure that most people here would agree that an obese individual who suffers from a severe condition that CAUSES them to be obese[such as a problem with your thyroid gland which my mum had, its since been fixed and she is normal size again] is deserving of the disability special treatment.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Enteebee said:
If you're so overweight that you need an extra seat then you have a problem, this isn't a matter of someone just being a lazy cunt. It seems wrong to me to say on the one hand an airline needs to make room for those in wheel chairs and not those who are morbidly obese. If you have a problem with any such measure to make airlines service the disabled and things like disabled parking spots etc then sure you should probably oppose this.
I don't believe it should be legislated that people with wheelchairs should get a discount on extra seating either. This should be a goodwill thing on the part of the airline, because in the end providing these things has to be made up somewhere, and more often than not it's going to be through charging more for everyone else.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Rockyroad said:
No way. Eating is an addiction like any other. It's harder than you think to quit. They must hate themselves enough already. We don't need to punish them any further. They should get the same treatment and price as anyone else. Yes Overweight people have right to extra airline seat.
Should we give extra welfare to gambling addicts?

banco55

HSC
Serius said:
It could be a medical problem... hell if you are so obese you are functionally disabled then you should be given the same sort of treatment as other disabled customers, it doesnt matter why you are obese.

Its not like when issuing disability parking stickers they ask you how you became disabled. Oh you need a wheelchair and oxygen mask because of lung cancer? ok if you got lung cancer as bad luck then you can have the sticker, if you got it from a lifetime of smoking then get fucked you cunt, park with everyone else!

the law doesnt work like that. severe obesity can be recognised as a disability and we cant descriminate against those with a disability based on HOW they got it. i am sure that most people here would agree that an obese individual who suffers from a severe condition that CAUSES them to be obese[such as a problem with your thyroid gland which my mum had, its since been fixed and she is normal size again] is deserving of the disability special treatment.
The disability sticker is a poor analogy. A better one would be if the government mandated that fatties should get two extra cinema seats. Who pays for that? The cinema and the consumers.

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
Personally, I'm not opposed to this for the sake of having to sit next to several incredibly obese people on 26 hours flights.

Give them another seat, please. :mad1:

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Make bigger seats so that everyone benefits from more room and not just obese people. This is a disgrace.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
If the airplane is full, do you really want to be sitting next to a fat person trying to fit into one seat?

They overflow into the seat next to them anyway, might as well let them have it. Regular passengers have a right to a full seat to themselves, rather than themselves and half a fat ass.

Pace_T

HSC
they should have a designated fat area in the planes. put them all there. i dont want to sit on a plane next to an obese person with their flabs oozing into my seat.

+ just like car insurance for young people, they should charge fatties more because it costs more to service them.

Pace_T

HSC
scarybunny said:
If the airplane is full, do you really want to be sitting next to a fat person trying to fit into one seat?

They overflow into the seat next to them anyway, might as well let them have it. Regular passengers have a right to a full seat to themselves, rather than themselves and half a fat ass.
yes but your ticket price is going to inflate in order to subsidise their comfort.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Im obese and im personally offended by many of the replies in this thread. Ive had to deal with prejudice and judgement all my life from my glandular problem, and only now am I recieving the equal opportunity and support that ought to be afforded to me. Thank goodness that Canada is willing us the extra seat to make our lives a little closer to the quality enjoyed by citizens of normal carriage.

Scissors

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Im obese and im personally offended by many of the replies in this thread. Ive had to deal with prejudice and judgement all my life from my glandular problem, and only now am I recieving the equal opportunity and support that ought to be afforded to me. Thank goodness that Canada is willing us the extra seat to make our lives a little closer to the quality enjoyed by citizens of normal carriage.
hey fatty boom boom,
sweet sugar dumpling,
let me get you something

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=_iNcXtUJDqA

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
Even if the obesity isn't their fault (and in most cases it is)
I think most medical research would say you're wrong about this, especially in regard to the hyper-obese who are likely to require a second seat. I don't really have an opinion regarding whether people should/should not be granted an extra seat, all I think is that it isn't right to allow those who are in wheel chairs to have extra seats while not allowing those who are hyper obese...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)