Favourite Character? (1 Viewer)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Originally posted by Sarah168
i absolutely DESPISED the character of daisy in gatsby! i dont usually get so worked up abt a character from a book but when she was conspiring to to let gatsby take all the blame for the accident....THAT particular scene pissed me off...she is the representation of the degradation of wateva morals america had....i was going to base my ee2 on gatsby so i have a tonne of research into that and maybe daisy's character annoyed me so much...i went off the gatsby idea...
I totally agree

Whaddaya Know?

Manufactured Gigolo
HSC
I love the kind of characters that are simply funny that they aren't aware that they are.

De Marquis (I think that's how you spell it) from Neverwhere.
Yossarian from Catch-22.
Rincewind from the Discworld series.

mayhemily

HSC
Originally posted by jhakka
Shut up, man. I haven't read the last one yet. Haha.
Me neither! I think all copies must be sold out...I had to order over the net and i've been on back order for abt a month

And yeah Fitz is my second favourite
the Fool is my favourite. :) damn.. want to know what happens...

billbro

HSC
N/A
Pug the Black Sorcerer and Jimmy the Hand - Raymond E Fiest

I didn't realised there were that many Raymond E Feist readers on here but it no surpirse since he is anawesome author, though the books are kind of short. I personally really liked Talon of the Silver Hawk and King of Foxes.

Mat Cauthon - Robert Jordan 'Wheel of Time' is pretty neat as well.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
becky sharp - vanity fair

elle woods - legally blonde

stifler - american pie

homer - simpsons

and that BBC version of pride n prejudice....dunno his name but HELL HE WAS HOT

token girl

HSC
yay, more Obernewtyn fans! Elspeth was my fav. although that could have been because she was the main character and the book was written so we'd sympathise with her...hmm...

Anyway, all-time favourite character has to be Polly from A House Like a Lotus (Madeleine L'Engle). All-time fav. book too, come to think of it...funny, that

Rand

Aviendha in The Wheel Of Time.... just the right combination of sexiness and danger

Tomas in the Riftwar/Serpentwar series by Raymond E Feist....hes cool...mad ass golden sword and he rides a dragon :)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
To add..

Rhodry from Katharine Kerr's Deverry series
Jill from the same series

aud

HSC
Originally posted by glitter burns
This is a hard one... It depends what you mean by favourite.
I don't think there's any character I'd want to be, but there a few who I really like...
Probably... Dameon from Isobelle Carmody's Obernewtyn Chronicles.
Me too~!! I loved him so much...

Someone asking about the Keeping Place... yea, if that's the fourth one... I have the four individual ones but I saw one the other day that combined the first three in one book~!

And I'm still waiting for her to hurry up and write that fifth book, but I would have forgotten everything... and I know she's not dead or comatose cause she's releasing the Darkson Trilogy still

Cally

my favourite character would have to be Silk aka Prince Kheldar from David Edding's Belgariad series, and Polgara.

From Garth Nix's books my favourite character is Mogget, oh and The Disreputable (sp?) Dog.

fungusbeatle

Originally posted by amoz_lilo

and that BBC version of pride n prejudice....dunno his name but HELL HE WAS HOT
that would be colin firth as fitzwilliam darcy. i agree... very good looking indeed.

jane eyre (from the book not the movie!) and scarlett o'hara from gone with the wind are two of my favourite characters.

as for scarecrow in matthew reily's books... he is way cool... i wish he died... it would be interesting to see how reily would kill him.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
LOL Lexi, Gandalf rocks! :D Although, LOTR is one of those books/films were you like everyone (or, at least I did..) Theres something there for everyone, although you view changes from the book to the film. I just wished that the twins were in the film, and Glorfindel :D hehe. But all the characters were great - all were flawed, but all had something that drew you in.

I have to say, I love King Thranduil from the Hobbit. He got a whole 4 or 5 pages, but I just liked him. Theoden, King (Not King Theoden :p) I liked alot as well. But Merry and Pippin take it all, them and Elladan ad Elrohir, and Elrond. LOL. Ah, I loved them all. Saruman was great too.

I loved Malachy McCourt from Angelas Ashes (Frankie's younger brother, the 2nd eldest) Although, he was a real person so doesn't really fall under character.

I loved Rowdy from Changi. All 6 of the blokes (Bill, Dave, Eddie, Gordan, Curley and Tom) were great, but Rowdy was exellent.

Thats all that comes to mind atm...

meggy_moo

PMS PRINCESS
HSC
Originally posted by Whaddaya Know?
I love the kind of characters that are simply funny that they aren't aware that they are.

De Marquis (I think that's how you spell it) from Neverwhere.
Yossarian from Catch-22.
Rincewind from the Discworld series.
Rincewind is SOOOO cool!!! but the "Luggage" or death is better!!! hehehe...i love em

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
the Luggage is awesome. And death is ALWAYS IN CAPITAL LETTERS>.

MouNtY

The fitzgerald guy from the Elevenh Commandment. Dat book was da shit man. And ummm....hermione from harry potter the movie, she'll be real hot when she grows up and all the characters from The Escape Artist. Especially Jim coz he's just a bastard lol

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Griet from Girl With A Pearl Earring is such a beautiful character.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
There was a book I picked up randomly off the shelf in the library in about year 9, and loved. The main characters name was Lorelei but they called her Lola. I don't think anyone here would have read it but if you have, I loved that character!

Murray

Follower of Odin
HSC
Erasmus from 'Legends of DUNE - The Butlerian Jihad' because he is a Thinking Machine (a robot with AI) that has some sence of human qualities, like vanity, pride and power. But has problems with concepts like art etc. But he is also very crule and calulating in his such for anwsers.

And Ford Prefect from Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
ummm wots his name from to kill a mockingbird...the dad guy, n um the guy which gregory peck plays, that guy....

and of course sherlock holmes...who else would know that lookin up at the stars meant there wasnt a rof ova ur head?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)