Favourite Scene in a movie (1 Viewer)

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
crazyhomo said:
which split second? fight club was full of one frame images...
She means the dick right at the end.

Last edited:

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Monkey Butler said:
She means the dick right at the end.
there were at least half a dozen single frame dicks in that movie. im just wondering if there was something else about the scene that made it memorable, seeing as i cant actually remember it myself

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
No there aren't. There's just the one. The rest of the little flashes are of Tyler Durden, and they don't take up the whole screen.

spiny norman

HSC
Scarlett's monologue which concludes the first part of Gone With The Wind.

Chaplin's speech at the end of The Great Dictator.

The scene in the cropfields in North By Northwest.

Everything that happens in The Graduate from the moment Dustin Hoffman gets to the church.

Apocalypse Now: Ride Of The Valkyries.

Brazil's final ten minutes from the moment Robert De Niro comes to the rescue.

Magnolia's raining frogs.

The final story in Big Fish.

HSC
The matrix lobby scene

Pulp fiction - i think its in the car when Samuel L goes 'Im a mushroom cloud laying motherfucker, motherfucker!'

Donnie Darko - the scene where donnie tries to stab the rabbit through that field thing

Predator - where arnie is trying to lure the predator through the spikes....hilarious

Saving Private Ryan - first 20 minutes...

Black Hawk Down - the scene where the two machine gunners are by themselves and he makes him more deaf

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
"Where is my mind" scene at the end of Fight Club
The plane scene in Almost Famous
Although the whole movie is beyond brilliant, the bits in Amadeus where old Salieri is in the asylum, talking to the priest about Mozart and God mocking him etc. F Murray Abraham is astounding in this film and watching him makes me shudder.

HSC
: 50 first dates, where drew barrymore beats the shit out of rob schneider with a baseball bat. way too funny.
: the notebook, the whole make-out-in-the-rain-and-proceed-to-bang-each-other scene. so what if i'm perverted?
: garden state, where sam forgets to take the hamster wheel out of the cage.
: pretty much any scene in almost famous.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Almost Famous, more like Almost Shit.

jack white

After Hours
HSC
i love Almost Famous too, my fave scene has gotta be "tiny dancer" on the bus.

any scene in Drowning Mona with bette midler present. (maybe the "shit salad" scene if you guys know what i am talking about)

to the guy who began this thread (sorry forgotten your name), i agree that scene in Royal Tenebaums where he attempts suicide is powerful. in fact, powerful is an understatement. but my favourite scene would have to be margot's trip around the world where she makes out with every guy (and girl for that matter) in every country. the ramones "judy is a punk" (one of my fave songs as well) is playing (suppose that just reveals the power of music in film, hey..). that scene is indescribable.

but the best of all scenes comes from the best film EVER, a clockwork orange...the opening scene where he introduces himself with the haunting funeral music playing in the background. distressing, amazing, eerie, simple, convoluted, ugly and beautiful all at once.

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
jack white said:
but the best of all scenes comes from the best film EVER, a clockwork orange...the opening scene where he introduces himself with the haunting funeral music playing in the background. distressing, amazing, eerie, simple, convoluted, ugly and beautiful all at once.
I so toally agree.

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
at the end of 'elizabeth' when she gets all the white make-up and cuts her hair and everything.......gives me goosebumps cause of the music.

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
1: The bloody showdown between The Bride and Elle Driver in Kill Bill 2 *I was feverishly waiting for that!*

(Honorable Mention ~ Just about any Kill Bill scene with the exception of Budd in the strip club...that was stupid)

2: The dance at Jack Rabbit Slims in Pulp Fiction *it is put there so oddly after so much violence*

3: The overdose of Mia Wallace in Pulp Fiction *pure reality - a drug overdose occurs and everyone doesn't know what to do....'I gotta stab her three times?? Noo!! and so forth'

4: The showdown between The Good, The Bad and The Ugly in..well just guess the title right at the end....where they are in the triangle....*love the build up*

5: Gene Kelly Sings in the Rain in Singing In The Rain *Always will be my top feel good movie*

6: The Birds decend on the jungle gym silently in The Birds *Again, love the build up and suspence*

Okay...we both know there are heaps more...but too much effort to type.

I think we should rename this post favourite moment in film - most ppl are just saying moments in a movie...not so much a scene which can be like.....5 - 10min..

Last edited by a moderator:
HSC
Pierotte said:
"Its A SHPADOIKLE Day" singing dancing extravaganza from cannibal the musical hahah kills me everytime....
'we can build a snow man, we can build him tall, we can build him small, we can build him not so small!.....BANG!

Pierotte

HSC
"shut the fuck up swan" hahah then he dies....
i showed that movie to my 7yr old neighbour thinking shes find it funny....
she ran away during the opening scene
hasnt spoken to me since
THANKGOD!
funny and a brilliant little kid repellant

scoby_2000

HSC
probs not gonna sound all great but ive seen heaps of films and worked with a few films and i just fucken love the use of the camera in Collateral when Tom Cruise enters the club and takes down the first guy....the camera like moves through the crowd straight past cruise then like turns around....soo good....tom cruise looks soo cool as well

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
SPOILERS GALORE- Lots of movies here

Lost in Translation- Bob and Charlotte singing kareoke, and the last scene where Bob says something to Charlotte that we can't hear.

The Godfather Part 2: "I know it was you Fredo, you broke my heart, you broke my heart *kiss of death*" + The last scene, after Michael's flashback to when the family was all gathered together for Vito's birthday, Michael is alone, having ostracised or killed everyone close to him.

Kill Bill- The anime sequence

Godfather Part 1- Almost every scene with Brando, the opening scene with Bonasera sticks out. The scene where Sonny shot gets shot to pieces.

Forrest Gump= The opening scene, when the feather floats down and Forrest picks it up.

In the Mood for Love- When Tony Leung and Maggie Cheung's characters rehearse Maggie's confrontation with her husband

Chunking Express- Every scene with Takeshi Kaneshiro, particularly the scenes when he talks about the pineapples. The last scene, where Leung's character meets up with Faye Wong's character again.

Casablanca- "Sing the Marseillaise ", "Play it Sam, for old time's sake", The last scene, from Rick's farewell with Ilsa to "This could be the beginning of a beautiful new friendship"

It's a Wonderful Life- Donna Reed and Jimmy Stewart singing "Buffalo Girl Won't You Come Out Tonight (name of song"?, and of course the last scene

Fallen Angels- When Michelle Reis's character meets up wtih Takeshi Kaneshiro's character at the end and When Kaneshiro's father watches his tape

Dr Strangelove- Every scene with George C Scott, ending sequence

Say Anything- When Diana and Lloyd are talking in the café and they agree to be 'friends, with potential'

Chasing Amy- When Hooper gives his hilarious black power speech at the start, also the climax where Holden suggests wa 3some between Banky and Alyssa

Alexander- I've only seen this once so I don't remember the details.. but the scene where Alexander's army is being defeated by the war elephants in India. The camera work here is jaw-droppingly cool

Breakfast at Tiffany's- Tiffany talking to Paul talk after Tiffany sneaks into his room at the start.

Donnie Darko- "Mad World" montage

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)