Favourite Scene in a movie (1 Viewer)

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
Ever After - the scene where leonardo da vinci and that prince guy are beside the lake and they're saying something like

guy - do you really believe there is one perfect mate?
leo - as a matter of fact, i do
guy - how can you be certain to find them? and if you do find them, are they really the one for you or do you only think they are? or what if she never appears? and if she does but you're too distracted to notice?
leo - then you learn to pay attention
guy - then let's say, God, put two people on earth and they're lucky to find antoher. but what if, one gets hit by lightning, well then what? is that it? or perchance, you meet someone else and marry again, is that the lady you're supposed to be with, or was it the first? and if so, what if both of them were walking side by side and they're both the one for you and you happen to meet the first one first, or was the second one supposed to be first? and is everything chance, or some things meant to be?

i liked that scene :) because what he says is pretty much true. how do you know for sure if someone is meant for you? and i guess you just don't

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
road to perdition - the whole movie, esp the rain sequences and violence - cinematic, subtly beautiful

it happened one night - clark gable baby! electrifying and witty dialogue

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
Team America;

-The sex scene
- When they perform 'Everyone has Aids'
- The spewing scene in the alley way.
- The bit on dicks, pussies and assholes.

In, Me, Myself and Irene;

- When the little girl goes, FUCK OFF, to him
- The part with the "Price check on the vaggie clean"
- In the restaurant and he goes, "They call me Whitey, human cue tip"

Water Boy;

- But mumma mumma says.... Girls are the devil.

Billy Madison;

- Hey wanna feed that donkey some beer? Get it all messed up? Maybe later..
- When the principal writes the valentines card.
- When they are doing study and he goes, correct and takes his shirt off.

phantom limb

HSC
N/A
jack white said:
to the guy who began this thread (sorry forgotten your name), i agree that scene in Royal Tenebaums where he attempts suicide is powerful. in fact, powerful is an understatement. but my favourite scene would have to be margot's trip around the world where she makes out with every guy (and girl for that matter) in every country. the ramones "judy is a punk" (one of my fave songs as well) is playing (suppose that just reveals the power of music in film, hey..). that scene is indescribable.
i love this scene, i fucking love margot tenenbaum.

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
margot is HOT! I would go her if she were MY adopted sister. If you havent seen this movie yet, do so. it is brilliant in every definition of the word.

rumour

HSC
Saw:
-When the man cuts off his own foot, so that he could reach the gun to kill the other guy.
-Final scene: when the "dead" man gets up & tells the only man left that the key to his chain has gone down the drain & walks out of the room, leaving him in there chains to the pipes. And closes the door.

Last edited:

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Way to ruin the movie dead shit.
Oh well, at least you spoiled a shit movie.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
Star wars Return of the Jedi,
when Vader sees luke gettin force lightning, how he looks at him, at the emperor and back at luke. then he makes up his mind to save his son. so powerful the music everything in that final duel with all 3 of them.

Empire Strikes back
-Dagobah scene, leia to han 'i love you' luke vs vader and of course 'No, I am your father'.

Schindlers list, the scene were the girl in red is shown bein carried away dead. the whole movie really.

the matrix, neo stoppin the bullets in mid air

someone pointed this one out, but godfather 2 michael corleone at the end sittin by himself after takin out everone who stood in his path.

The end of The Hurricane where ruben carter is set free.

Shawshank redemption where tim robbins escapes they find out by the poster with the hole in the wall. many many more.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
kill bill 2
the meeting with pai mai

pulp fiction
the second diner scence

hero
the battle of the blood forest

predator
predator running on the rocks... why does everyone like it? coz it looks fucking cool

djmattyd

HSC
I love the scene in "Pulp Fiction" called "Find her heart", where Mia is overdosing and Vincent has to inject her with adrenoline. That scene totally gets me, I love it!

Another favourite is in "Kill Bill Volume 2" and the 'showdown' between The Bride and Elle Driver. That scene is classic.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
And then the Fox Force Five joke to end that scene in Pulp Fiction :D I actualyl think the joke's pretty funny. Lame, but funny.

lalaurenisme

HSC
*28 Days Later - Jim to Selena: "That was longer than a heartbeat." Oh my god. I've seen this movie too many times and the tenderness of this scene never ceases to amaze me.

*Amelie: the whole film is so so so special to me, but the kiss with Nino always makes me squee

*Fight Club: too many scenes/lines to list

*LotR trilogy: Gandalf's 'death', and a great many Sam and Frodo "aww!" moments.
-Bilbo's scary eyepopping moments

*Monty Python and the Holy Grail: "Eky eky eky eky shawoingggg ahskjhdrrjreh.. !"
-the flying bunny. He flies horizontally! Eee!
-pretty much the whole of that movie
-plus anything Python

*The Blues Brothers: gas tank, sunglasses, etc.

*Lost in Translation: the last scene is breathtaking, no mean feat considering the rest of that film's quality. I need to buy the DVD sometime.

*Edward Scissorhands: Johnny Depp's expression in pretty much the entire film

*Le Placard (Fr: the Closet): the tight bum gag. Tasteless, yes, but that's the French for you.

*Kill Bill vol 1: Gogo's death. Yes, I am morbid, but it's soooooo good!

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
thinking of movies not used, cos id repeat a fair few

full metal jacket - in the toilet
cool hand luke - eatin the eggs
pink floyd: the wall - pink smashes the shit out of his room, the cartoon after empty spaces.
evil dead 2 - any scene, its all good
memento - "you can be my john g"
apocalypse now - the start and the end "the horror..."
clerks - any scene with randall
shaun of the dead - throwing records at the zombies
eternal sunshine of the spotless mind - all of it!
clockwork orange - fuckin the chicks in fast motion
2001: a space odyssey - when hal starts getting angry

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Also in 2001 - When HAL gets shut down and he keeps repeating "Dave".

HSC
boyz n tha hood - doughboy etc kill rickys killers

menace II society - opening scene in the shop, the 'please man i suck yo dick' scene

dont be a menace II society while drinking your juice in the hood - the 'plz man i suck yo dick' spoof scene

money talks - opening scene, chris tucker driving and singing

meet the parents - the prayer

3 kings - the scene where comrade does th\t arabic sound thing and there like 'no no only the women do that its custom,' when everyones making up rumors about how they got the map 'it was in his dick hole, 6 pages of atlas' LOL

HSC
oh yes the face off scene in reserviour dogs....and of course when the dudes dancing to 'stuck in the middle of you' and torturing the cop, though its a bit sickening

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
i love the part in 'cruel intentions' when annette is going up the elevator and sebastien is waiting at the top. dayam. ryan phillipe made a fiiiine sebastien. me and my friends are like 'ooh hello' whenever we see it. i also like the part in 'dead poets society' when they stand on the desks at the end

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
The Matrix: The Lobby scene
Saving Private Ryan: Opening beach assault scene
Terminator 2: Last scene where Arnie says 'I know now why you cry' and then is lowered into the molten metal.
Team America: The non-stop laughing scenes from when Gary promises not to die then to the sex and then later the 'pussies, dicks and assholes' to the vomitting.

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
a walk to remember; the part where landon and jamie are in 'two places at once'

soppy i know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)