Favourite Scene in a movie (1 Viewer)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I love the scene in Centre Stage where they do the whole dance at the end with "Canned Heat" as the theme music. It makes me get up and dance everytime. I want her red points! And Bridget Jones' diary with Colin firth (*melt*) "I like you, just the way you are". *sigh*

Lundy

Banned
HSC
A few off the top of my head:

Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind – The final sequence at the beach house: “Meet me in Montauk.”

Amadeus – Mozart dictates his requiem to Salieri.

Moulin Rouge – Come What May reprise, as Christian returns to Satine *warm fuzzies :D*

The Pianist – Wladyslaw plays piano for the German officer. Also, the one lingering shot of Wladyslaw hobbling through a silent, decimated street.

Elizabeth – The final scene. “Observe Lord Burghley. I am married. To England.”

The Lion King – the wildebeest stampede. It’s still astounding.

Star Wars Episode I – (although most of it sucked) Obi-wan vs Darth Maul

Schindlers List – Liquidation of the Krakow ghetto, Schindler watches the little girl in red. Plus the ending as Schindler berates himself: “I didn’t do enough!” “You did so much.”

Lost in Translation - Bob and Charlotte are lying silently in bed together. He gently grabs her foot. I don't know, it just gets me. There are lots of little moments in this film I love.

Singin’ in the Rain – “I can’t stand him.” - “I caaayn’t staaynd im’” - “I can’t stand him.” - “I caayn’t staaynd im’” – “Can’t!” – “Caaayn’t!” – “Can’t!” – “Caaayn’t!” :D

Last edited:

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Lundy said:
Lost in Translation - Bob and Charlotte are lying silently in bed together. He gently grabs her foot. I don't know, it just gets me. There are lots of little moments in this film I love.
Or when Charlotte is sitting by the apartment window by herself staring into the distance.

HSC
Gettin Square:
-Court scene where spit asks whos paying for his bus fare home

Lord of the Rings:
-Helms Deep and gondor fight scenes

Matrix:
-Gunfight in building, especially where neo is asked 2 remove all metal items eg keyrings mobile phones etc and opens his jacket and shows its full of guns

Crackerjack:
-"The Flipper"
-Anger over cheese wheel incident

Cinderella Man:
-Whole of last fight
-Where Braddock asks for money from all the rich blokes in the madison square garden executive room thingy

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
Downfall- When Speer leaves the Chancellory after saying his last farewells to Hitler, then turns around after taking a few steps out of the courtyard to cast one last glance over the ruined Chancellory building- the Chancellory building that he built! and with an expression of such powerful emotion- clearly reminising over the Hitler years and probaly hatching his plan to survive Nuremburg.

Empire Strikes Back- The Battle of Hoth scene at the start fo the film, with an emphasis on Luke's rear gunner, Dack.

Before the battle, in the hanger as Rouge Squadron prepares-

LUKE: "how you feeling Dack?"
DACK: "right now I feel like I could take on the whole Empire!"

During battle, as Luke lines up his snowspeeder for a run on an Imperial AT-AT walker-

LUKE: "OK Dack! Prepare tow cable!"
DACK: <no response>
LUKE: Dack? DACK?!!

<Luke turns around to see Dack slumped over his control panel, blood streaming from his forehead>.

LUKE: "Echo Base, I've lost my gunner!"

Troy- Hector-Achilles dual outside Troy gates.

DragonBall Z- In the Cell Saga, when Tien is able to hold off second-stage Cell with continuous Tri-Beam Flare attacks, each one sapping his energy and knowing that should he run out of energy, Cell would kill him.

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Strangelove, no longer impotent, 'stands' - "Mein fuhrer! I can WALK!" <'we'll meet again' plays to the orgasmic destruction of the planet>

HSC
crippled_kungfu said:
Matrix:
-Gunfight in building, especially where neo is asked 2 remove all metal items eg keyrings mobile phones etc and opens his jacket and shows its full of guns

classic!

Guard 1: Please remove any metallic items you're carrying, keys, loose change.

[Neo opens jacket, displaying full arsenal of guns]

Holy shit.

kiteblood

HSC
Johnny Eager; the exchange between Johnny and his drunkard friend before he strikes him in anger. The dialogue between the two toward the end of the film is heartbreaking. I'd like to thank Van Heflin for the most subtly sympathetic portrayal of homosexuality ever to cross the dark path of quick-witted film noir. Very well played.

ed.
Plus all of Harvey
And everything after the [1971] chocolate factory.

Last edited:

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
he died with a felafel in his hand - walking down the street after neo nazis ruin his home

the life aquatic - the scene in the mini sub when they eventually find the jaguar shark

godfather III- vincent takes over the family & the final scene on the opera house steps where michael watches his daughter die

marx brothers/a day at the races - groucho jumping all over the cars avoiding the police :)

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
go_swans said:
Young Noah: Will you go out with me?
Young Allie: What? No.
Young Noah: No...?
Young Allie: No.
Young Noah: Why not?
Young Allie: I duno, because I don't want to.
Young Noah: Ok then you leave me no other choice.
Young Allie: AHHHH
Young Noah: I'm gonna ask you one more time, will you or will you not go out with me? I think my hand's slipping.
Young Allie: Ok, Ok. Fine I'll go out with you
Young Noah: No, don't do me any favors.
Young Allie: No, no I want to.
Young Noah: Say it.
Young Allie: I wanna go out with you.
Young Noah: Say it again.
Young Allie: I WANNA GO OUT WITH YOU!
Young Noah: Alright, alright we'll go out

lol dude!! isnt it "i'm gonna ask you one more time, will you or will you not go out with me? God damnit my hands slipping" not "i think my hands slipping"?

oh well. lol in mean girls, i love the part where theyre in that shop that Janis works at, and they see their teacher. and damien goes "oh i love seeing teachers out of school. Its like seeing a dog walk on its hind legs" BBBBBBBBAHAHAH

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Star Wars: Revenge Of The Sith

- opening space battle above Coruscant
- rise of Darth Vader

Moulin Rouge

- 'all you need is love' scene
- ending 'come what may scene'

My Sassy Girl

- the bounty hunter fight scene
- the ending scene of them two holding hands

Il Mare

- where Jeon Ji Hyun is running to save the guy by sending him an message through the mailbox

Eternal Sunshine Of A Spotless Mind

- when they are staring up at the night sky laying on the frozen lake

Gladiator

- 'My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.'

Fight Club

- Tyler Durden: Shut up! Our fathers were our models for God. If our fathers bailed, what does that tell you about God?
Narrator: No, no, I... don't...
Tyler Durden: Listen to me! You have to consider the possibility that God does not like you. He never wanted you. In all probability, he hates you. This is not the worst thing that can happen.
Narrator: It isn't?

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
king_of_boredom said:
classic!

Guard 1: Please remove any metallic items you're carrying, keys, loose change.

[Neo opens jacket, displaying full arsenal of guns]

Holy shit.
ohhhhhhh yeh

scene in bullitt, baddies lose cop they're following, in rear vision mirror you can see the mean mustang appear over the hill (yes, im obsessed:eek:)..then they go beserk

tzncz

not quite here
HSC
transcendent said:
Gladiator

- 'My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.'
* Gladiator: The one described above

* Series of Unfortunate Events: when Klaus finds out Count Olaf burned his house using the eye in the tower

* The Interpreter: Silvia in the room with Zuwanie

* Daredevil: it's raining and Daredevil is 'looking' at Elektra

kiteblood

HSC
Back to the Future; the scene where Marty has traveled to the past and his mother drinks, smokes and comes on to him in a parked car.

And the car chase.
Libyan Terrorist: Damn Soviet gun.
Libyan Van Driver: Damn German car.

Haha I love this movie.

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
hook - where he remembers he was pan and stops himself from falling and flies. that is so freakin awesome.
liar liar - the whole damn movie, plus the outtakes.
return of the king - where aragorn kneels to the hobbits.
super troopers:
"do you know how fast you were going?"
"65?"
"63"
"officer, isnt the speed limit 65?"
"yeah, it is."

and super troopers:

"do you know what this is?"
"a chamois cloth."
"ha. lucky guess. i just lost a buck... to MYSELF!"

superman 1 - when clark runs home from school and beats the car full of kids. they ask him, "how'd you get home so fast?" he answers "i ran". lol classic!!

Last edited:

Spikeru

St. Mère Église church tower, danglin....
HSC
Reservoir Dogs- Mr Blonde's first appearance in the warehouse
"You gonna bark all day, little doggy, or are you gonna bite."

Saving Private Ryan- The Glider Pilot discussing his landing.
"Well that’s like trying to fly a freight train, gross overload, trim characteristics all shot to hell. I nearly broke both my arms trying to keep her level."

The German prisoner at the Radar installation begging for his life.
"Please, I like America! Fancy schmancy! What a cinch! Go fly a kite! Cat got your tongue! Hill of beans! Betty Boop, what a dish. Betty Grable, nice gams."

The Mechwarrior IV Intro- Watching a bad actor with a terrible overbite, pit his Vulture against two Uziel's, Two Nova Cats and a Chimera.
"Centric Guard, I have contact with main enemy force inside Centeral Courtyard.... I'll delay them here as long as I can." (Around 30 Seconds, all he manages to do is strip a Nova Cat's right arm before his Mech is ashes.)

Band of Brothers- Walking through a forest, Episode 9
Perconte: "Hey, George...doesn't this place remind you of Bastogne?"

Luz (nods): "Sure. I mean, except for I have hot food in my belly, it isn't covered in snow, and the trees aren't FUCKING EXPLODING...yeah, it kinda looks like Bastogne..... Bull, will you hit him for me please."

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Last edited:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Haha.. I see you found that fundamentalist Christian review site as well. It's gold stuff. Their review of Cruel Intentions was particularly hilarious if my memory serves.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Lundy said:
A few off the top of my head:

Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind – The final sequence at the beach house: “Meet me in Montauk.”

Amadeus – Mozart dictates his requiem to Salieri.

Schindlers List – Liquidation of the Krakow ghetto, Schindler watches the little girl in red. Plus the ending as Schindler berates himself: “I didn’t do enough!” “You did so much.”

I like all those butAmerican Beauty when it goes all dark at the end is very good. I still think the direction in AB is totally and utterly inpeccable.

As for LIT the best part is the ending and the ear whisper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)