Favourite Scene in a movie (1 Viewer)

The_Scarecrow

Not the most memorable....but good ones none the less

Remember the Titans - "You make sure they remember, FOREVER, the night they played the Titans!!"

Independence Day - Pres. Whitmore "plowing the road" for Russell Casse's kamikaze run on the Mothership.

Starship Troopers - the fatally wounded Sugar taking the nuke from Rico saying through blood soaked teeth "Just trying to kill some bugs, sir!"

Enemy at the Gates - "Let me show you were the Major is...."

And the unimaginable scene of the devision of APU's fighting the Machines in the Matrix Revolutions.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Ending Scene from "Hannibal"

Hannibal Lecter : "I come half-way across the world to see you run, won't you let me run?"
Starling: "No"
(Lecter snarls at Starling...then slowly kisses her, she cuffs her hands with Lecter's with handcuffs)
Hannibal: "Have you ever thought of saying Stop, if you love me you'd stop"
Starling: "Not in a thousand years"
(Hannibal picks up cleaver)
Hannibal: "Above the cuffs or below the cuffs"
(silence from Starling)
Hannibal: "You know this is really going to hurt"
(Shows Hannibal cutting down...but in fact he had cut his own hand off)

I don't remember it word for word...but Hannibal was to me a very romantic movie especially in that scene, and i loved it.

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
team america - The whole alley spewing scene
- " Everybody has AIDS" Performance
The Matrix (original) - Stopping the bullets
- the " I know you're out there, I can feel you now" Phone call.
- Dropping down onto the Pitt St Building out of the helicopter realising Trinity was still in the helicopter, numbly saying ' Trinity" grabbing teh harness and being pulled to the wall, managing to save trinity from a horrible death.
- The cookie scene with the oracle.
- The Government Lobby Scene. Security guard. " Sir, could you please remove any mettalic items.. Loose change, keys" neo opens jacket " HOLY SHIT" and then kills all security guards.. one security guard is reading paper that has a big '?' on the back page.

Donnie Darko- Directors Cut - When donnie is in the movie theatre, near frank. " Why are you wearing that stupid Rabbit suit" and Frank replies " Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?"
- The last Scene in donnie Darko, with Gretchen waving to his mother......

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - When harry conjures the Patronus after realising it wasnt James that saved him and Sirius, it was him... from the future, who had traveled back in time
- the scene in which hermione throws a punch directly at malfoy and says " That felt Good" and ron says " Blimey Hermione" in that really cute accent :p

Bring it on - not a favourite scene.. more like.. it was just to rediculous and stupid that you laughed the entire way through.

Matrix Revolutions - The Train Station scene... Satif (the little girl) and her father talking to neo..
- Again the Train station scene, when the train has just left, and Neo jumps onto the tracks running through the tunnel, and coming straight back from the other side, realising it was a loop and looking around confused.

- The scene in which the boy (clayton watson from ' always greener and Under the Radar' ) fights against the setinals

- The ' smith ' verysus ' Neo' scene. The ending of that scene, when neo stands up realising his fate, and smith looks oddly confused and turning Neo into a 'smith' and then looking around, at all the 'smiths' that had already exploded and then explodes.

- The oracle scene at the end when Satif comes running towards her. and the Oracle says " did you make that" (points as the sunrise) "Yes.. For Neo- will we ever see him again?" and the oracle replies. "Im sure we will... some day"

HellVeN

Banned
HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
oh yes the face off scene in reserviour dogs....and of course when the dudes dancing to 'stuck in the middle of you' and torturing the cop, though its a bit sickening
Pfff Reservoir Dogs was such a weak movie. Nothing happens. Wow his ear gets cut off, big deal........

HellVeN

Banned
HSC
Cannibal Holocaust when the cannibals chop the guy's penis off with a knife. Looks hella real!

jennylim

HSC
several.

lord of the rings: the ride of the rohirrim in return of the king (seriously, i get goosebumps and tears, it's that inspiring).

pride and prejudice when a) mr darcy jumps into the lake and b) when he meets lizzy in a wet shirt...HAHAHA.

matrix: the lobby scene/neo stopping bullets in the matrix

gladiator: "i am maximus...etc...and i will have my vengeance"

star wars:
1) vader/obi wan fight, plus luke blowing up death star "the force will be with you. always"
2) i love you - i know...umm just about everything with han and leia and OF COURSE the vader/luke bit
3) emperor/vader/luke, vader's redemption...fantastic stuff.

monty python: "i'm not dead yet", dennis moore, the swamp castle stuff with prince herbert (classic)

fish called wanda: when john cleese is naked and the family walk in. OMG i get stomach aches from laughing so hard...and tears streaming down my face.

ahh...good viewing!

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
The scene in Audition where Asami is cutting Shigeharu's foot off with a piece of wire. Quite probably the most distressing thing I've seen on celluloid.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
one of my fav scenes come from one of my all time fav movies Sweet Home Alabama...
its like near the end of the movie like the second last scene when melanie leaves her wedding and goes to the beach where jake is and he goes to her after an argument..."why you want to marry to for" or smtg like that and she goes "so i can kiss you anytime i want" and then he smiles his cute smile and then they share a slow-mo kiss...i love that part...and i also like the scene in The Notebook when allie and noah are on the wharf and they kiss in the rain...haha both scenes are kisses in the rain...how weird...and they are both my all time fav movies :)

HSC
Mr and Mrs Smith:
Final Gunfight
(They would be shot in the first five seconds for sure but its fun to watch)

War of the Worlds:
Any scene involvind the tripod machines...so cool...

Star Wars- Episode Three:
Opening Space Battle and Descent into Coruscant...

icecreamdisco

HSC
probably the mystery man meeting fred for the first time in lost highway.

although, david lynch has directed at least a hundred utterly perfect scenes.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Lost in Translation - Kevin Shields "City Girl" scene, Charlotte is in the Taxi and drives around Tokyo as the city lights reflect on the cabs windows.

Collateral - Swift movement using his gun to shoot one armed guy and double taps another.

Somersault: Heidi in the woods with her red gloves as the wind blows the autmn leaves.

Donnie Darko: Donnie arguing with the teacher that life is not based just on two principles or two...(mind went blank, word starting with a).

21 Grams: a few scenes, mainly the ones where the acoustic is playing.

Sideways: Maya describing to Miles the emotion and feeling transcribed from Wine.

Mystic River: Tim Robbins scene where he describes his childhood ordeal.

Adaptation: Narrators (Susan) explanation of the beauty of the Ghost Orchid yet when she finally sees one, the whole movie is distorted. "Its just an orchid".

Being John Malkovich: Any bit where John Malkovich's body is taken over.

Matrix - Neo after being released from simulator "I know Kung Fu"

The Ring (US w/ Naomi Watts): First time you see the girl coming out of the TV. Even the ending was clever.

Fight Club: The little"snippet" at the end of the movie. Clever.

Saw: The ending.

The Credits - for any bad movie (assuming I sat to watch it to the end)

or The VERY end of the Credits - of a very good movie where they usually have some extra clip for die hard fans (that is, if you don't get kicked out by the staff first).

Kung Fu Hustle - When the protagonist is picking fights with the "whimpy" looking towns people.

Independence Day - Will Smith kicks the crap out of an alien.

Sorry, got carried away. I want to go to the Russian Film Festival but noone I know likes those kind of things. =(

Last edited:

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
the underpants scene in Zoolander... actually, all of Zoolander.
scenes are too hard to pick out....i love movies.
i love the scene near the end of The Two Towers (Lord of the Rings) when Frodo and Sam are talking about adventures and things, i love what Sam says.

HSC
Ok I have HEAPS.. but here are my top 4

after seeing Regina in mirror] Regina, wow, you look really beautiful.
Regina: I'm wearing a spinal halo.
Cady: Look, I'm really sorry about the bus. I feel like it's all my fault.
Regina: Stopping making this about you. I'm the one that got hit by the bus.
Cady: I'm really sorry about all the other stuff too.
Regina: Okay, I'm going to forgive you because I'm a very Zen person... and I'm on a lot of pain medication right now.
Cady: [Cady smiles]
Regina: You know Aaron really does like you. He's always talking about how unusual you are and it really pissed me off. Like this one time, I got this really expensive doll house from Germany, but I never played with it. So my mom wanted to give it to my cousin. But even though I didn't want it...
Cady: You begged your mom to let you keep it?
Regina: No. I threw it down the stairs.
[they giggle]
Regina: I didn't want anyone else to have it. But that's just me.
Mrs. George: Regina! There about to announce the queen.
[sees Cady]
Mrs. George: Hello.
Regina: Can you believe my f-ing mom is here?
Regina: [they giggle]
Regina: Bye.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's not about following your heart and it's not about keeping your promises. It's about security.
Young Allie: What's that supposed to mean?
Young Noah: [yelling] Money. He?s got a lot of money!
Young Allie: You smug bastard. I hate you for saying that.
Young Noah: You're bored Allie. You're bored and you know it. You wouldn't be here if you weren't.
Young Allie: You arrogant son of a bitch.
Young Noah: Would you just stay with me?
Young Allie: Stay with you? What for? Look at us, we're already fightin'
Young Noah: Well that's what we do, we fight... You tell me when I am being an arrogant son of a bitch and I tell you when you are a pain in the ass. Which you are, 99% of the time. I'm not afraid to hurt your feelings. You have like a 2 second rebound rate, then you're back doing the next pain-in-the-ass thing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Young Noah: Will you go out with me?
Young Allie: What? No.
Young Noah: No...?
Young Allie: No.
Young Noah: Why not?
Young Allie: I duno, because I don't want to.
Young Noah: Ok then you leave me no other choice.
Young Allie: AHHHH
Young Noah: I'm gonna ask you one more time, will you or will you not go out with me? I think my hand's slipping.
Young Allie: Ok, Ok. Fine I'll go out with you
Young Noah: No, don't do me any favors.
Young Allie: No, no I want to.
Young Noah: Say it.
Young Allie: I wanna go out with you.
Young Noah: Say it again.
Young Allie: I WANNA GO OUT WITH YOU!
Young Noah: Alright, alright we'll go out

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cady: Oh, God...
Janis: You dirty little liar!
Cady: I'm sorry, I can explain.
Janis: Explain what? How you forgot to invite us to your cool party?
Damian: Janis, I cannot stop this car. I have a curfew.
Cady: You know I couldn't invite you! I had to pretend to be plastic.
Janis: Hey, buddy, you're not pretending anymore! You're plastic! Cold, shiny, hard plastic!
Damian: Curfew, 1a.m., it is now 1:10.
Janis: Did you have an awesome time? Did you drink awesome shooters, listen to awesome music, and just soak up each others awesomeness?
Cady: You know what? You're the one who made me like this so you could use me for your eighth grade revenge!
Janis: God! See, at least me and Regina George know we're mean! You try to act so innocent like, ?Oh, I use to live in Africa with all the little birdies, and the little monkeys?.
Cady: You know what! It's not my fault you're like, in love with me, or something!
Janis: What?
Damian: Oh no she did not!
Janis: See, that's the thing with you plastics, you think everyone's in love with you, but in realitly, everyone *hates* you, like Aaron Samules for example! He broke up with Regina and guess what, he still doesn't want you, Cady! So why are you still messing with Regina? I'll tell you why, because you are a mean girl, you're a bitch! Here, you can have this, it won a prize.
[Damian drives away with Janis, yelling out the window]
Damian: And I want my pink shirt back! I want my pink shirt back!

HAHAHAHA <3 them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)