(Finalised) Official BOS Mathematics Trial Examinations. (1 Viewer)

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Pls tell me someone took pics of reactions during reading time

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Pls tell me someone took pics of reactions during reading time
Twinkegal19 recorded a VIDEO.

I know I shouldn't be posting here but FUCK, GRAPH f(1/x)? WTF?

I thought Q11 was hard lol...
If you look in the 2009 HSC paper Question 3(a), they have a very similarly styled question, where we have f(g(x)) instead of the usual g(f(x)).

So for example, students are typically used to sketching things like:

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm retiring from this test...scanning now. All the last question, I look at all the letters and I'm like...wtf does this mean?

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
I still haven't had a chance to finish it, but I've read through it all and tried most of it. I've got a few specific questions, but I'll save them for the actual thread. In the meantime, here's some reactions my friend had to both papers:

"I HAVE TO SOLVE A MOTHER FUCKING CUBIC IN QUESTION 11a)?? NO BITCH. YOU FUCK RIGHT OFF"
"I DON'T WANNA FUCKING DO POLYNOMIAL DIVISION. There is no fucking way."
"No I am not subjecting myself to this. FUCK YOU CARROTSTICKS FUCK YOU AND YOUR BULLSHIT MATHS PAPERS"
"sin^2x+cos^2x=1. OH THANK YOU I JUST SAT THROUGH 10 OF YOUR GODAWFUL MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS BUT THAT'S VERY HELPFUL"
"mkV^4? Carrotsticks is a cunt."
"That is complete bullshit. I'm not going near it."

So yeah, I think your paper did exactly what you wanted it to. Good work!

Fawun

Queen
HSC
I still haven't had a chance to finish it, but I've read through it all and tried most of it. I've got a few specific questions, but I'll save them for the actual thread. In the meantime, here's some reactions my friend had to both papers:

"I HAVE TO SOLVE A MOTHER FUCKING CUBIC IN QUESTION 11a)?? NO BITCH. YOU FUCK RIGHT OFF"
"No I am not subjecting myself to this. FUCK YOU CARROTSTICKS FUCK YOU AND YOUR BULLSHIT MATHS PAPERS"
"sin^2x+cos^2x=1. OH THANK YOU I JUST SAT THROUGH 10 OF YOUR GODAWFUL MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS BUT THAT'S VERY HELPFUL"

lol'd

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
These papers will be legendary.

chriss95

HSC
Interested to see the paper. Will probably have a go at it tonight. By the sounds of the reactions, I will probably shoot myself before I finish it though lol

deswa1

HSC
BOS MX2 Trials discussion thread.

Haha this pretty much. Hopefully I'll get like 63 or something lol

deswa1

HSC
What was relatively harder guys, 3 unit or 4 unit?
3 unit definitely. I think I got a very similar raw mark for both... Comparing normal 3U papers to Carrot's 3U paper was a MUCH bigger jump than normal 4U papers to Carrot's 4U paper imo. Though they were both insane and very well written

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)