Finished Major Work? Started Reflection Statement? (1 Viewer)

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
The greatest fear is that the markers won't get your work. I mean, there are just things you cannot preference to. Take film critics for example - who are essentially markers. Most would agree that Pulp Fiction is one of the best contemporary crime movies ever created! But some critics hail it as an unholy mess. Both of them can't be right. So, the message is : you better pray for a marker who gets your work !! :D

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
Uhm, I believe the way internal marks work are this:

They are used for rank, AND, the difference between marks.
Once all the external marks have come back, ie, what you got on your MW + RS, they'll allocate the highest mark from these marks as the assessment mark of the person ranked 1st. And then the difference between internal marks will determine your assessment.

In my case, I'm the only person doing EE2 at my school. Thus my external mark = my internal mark. Perhaps good. Potentially very bad.
I'm in the same position. I was coming first out of two before, but the other girl dropped out at the end of last term. Fingers crossed we all do well in the external then! ;)

beve

Jesus
HSC
oh yeah, people that have listened to mine are very divided, so added that type of motive into my reflection :D but, still very worried.
Yeah. I'm hell worried; a work with the aim of promoting secularity could very well fall into the hands of a deeply religious marker - and the satirical nature of the work could be taken as mere ignorance.

Guess I'll point out that I've read the Qu'ran and the Bible, then...

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
More indepth analysis for you, Alex!

Say Max came first in the overall assessment in your school.
But, then, Max didn't come first in the external assessment, but instead, Lisa did. She got 50/50 for the external.

Max's assessment mark will become 50/50.

Last's assessment mark is calculated in the same way; regardless of exam mark, last will have the LOWEST assessment mark of the cohort.

So, first and last are set in stone.

Now, the average of the external marks are calculated.

And using first, and last as the two outliers, the assessment marks are laid out. The marks from here on in are calculated, due to the DIFFERENCE between marks. If there is a wide gap between first and second in the school assessment, there will generally be a wide gap in your final assessment mark as well.

And the AVERAGE for the ASSESSMENT MARKS must remain the same as the AVERAGE for the EXTERNAL MARKS.

Got it. I think. It took me a while, had to find that logic in me. But got there!

You guys are lucky, I'm in a class of 4 and most are competitive. So it's an effort to try and come out on top. Although I hope I get the best externally, I'm the only person in my class with a 'concept'. I guy in my classes short story is about people skinning themselves, rubbing curry powder in their wounds and eating their own flesh. I seriously think the examiners will send it back and ask the school to psychological evaluate him.

beve, i had a poem that was kinda anti-religious and took it out for solely that reason. I'm not much of a risk-taker, and didn't want that in the hands of an ex-nun or something!

I'M REALLY EXCITED FOR WHEN THE MAJOR WORKS BOARD POPS UP.
Can't wait to see everyone elses, and get feedback on mine!

beve

Jesus
HSC
beve, i had a poem that was kinda anti-religious and took it out for solely that reason. I'm not much of a risk-taker, and didn't want that in the hands of an ex-nun or something!
Oh well. They'll need something edgy.

Clifford

HSC
I think I'm in a rather unique position of the extension kids here. On the topic of completion of everything, etc. I thought I was done and sweet before the trials for both work and reflection. My teacher, who's actually really brilliant, read over it and told me to meet her after one of my exams.

The whole thing was covered in red pen and comments (some simple, others rather taxing) to the point where she didn't give me the actual annotated sheets as she feared she would be accused of 'rewriting'. So instead I took about 100 pages off notes off her notes (e.g. Paragraph 3, sentence 4, page 17, make less stilted) and some of the pages where there was simply too many corrections for me to write down. I thought it was done. Sigh.

Fortunately, my trials finish on Friday, so I'll have a solid week to clean it up. PLUS I'm in a class of two, and narrrowly won first rank. The other girl's work is BRILLIANT and bound to get a 50; she got hardly any comments from the teacher with the final draft, who told her not to think she didn't like her because she gave less comments... ahah.

Anyway, so now I'm anticipating getting 37/50 and a 50/50 assessment courtesy of my buddy.

Love extension.

hereyes

HSC
I think I'm in a rather unique position of the extension kids here. On the topic of completion of everything, etc. I thought I was done and sweet before the trials for both work and reflection. My teacher, who's actually really brilliant, read over it and told me to meet her after one of my exams.

The whole thing was covered in red pen and comments (some simple, others rather taxing) to the point where she didn't give me the actual annotated sheets as she feared she would be accused of 'rewriting'. So instead I took about 100 pages off notes off her notes (e.g. Paragraph 3, sentence 4, page 17, make less stilted) and some of the pages where there was simply too many corrections for me to write down. I thought it was done. Sigh.

Fortunately, my trials finish on Friday, so I'll have a solid week to clean it up. PLUS I'm in a class of two, and narrrowly won first rank. The other girl's work is BRILLIANT and bound to get a 50; she got hardly any comments from the teacher with the final draft, who told her not to think she didn't like her because she gave less comments... ahah.

Anyway, so now I'm anticipating getting 37/50 and a 50/50 assessment courtesy of my buddy.

Love extension.

:jaw: woah. that is tough.
i can somewhat relate. Thought i was nearly done and dusted up until a week ago. Sent my work into my teacher who pretty much sent it back with half the words cut out. I was down to 3000.:bomb:

Yeh, luckily i finish on friday too. ext 1 is my last.
This may be the death of me.

catherinet

HSC
This thread makes me want to die...

I still have my EE1 trial exam tomorrow, and then we go back to school on Wednesday (i have an excursion on Tuesday) , and then EE2 is due on Friday.

Arghhhh, i haven't even got my Reflection statement draft back from my teacher!, and i handed it in the week before trials!

It's really mean, having MW's due in the midst of trials...

FML

jky

HSC
+1.

Because of trials I haven't been working on my EE2 Major -- I still need to go get my... IDK, third draft back from my teacher. Then I'll just have to rush all the editing and what-not.

...That's if I can be bothered. Trials have completely draaaained me.

diametric

HSC
i hope ee1 trial is simple.
cause i need a quick trial recovery period to hammer out the last bits for ext 2.

Clifford

HSC
We are all extension 1 friday exam twins. Solidarity makes me happy.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Shit shit shit shit.

I just remembered that we have that god forsaken journal.

Shit fuck motherfucker.

Someone tell me some good bullshit-y things to put in there, to make up space? Anyone? I think ill just print 1000000 drafts and hope for the best.

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
How big are the journals MEANT to be, anyway? I don't care about how much everyone has, just what the markers actually expect. I've been way lazy in documenting my process. I tend to have written things in huge blocks, and edited in huge blocks, rather than adding as I go. That's just the way I work. But that doesn't mean it hasn't been systematic and rigorous, or whatever words they use in the syllabus.

So ultimately my journal entries will probably end up being more spread out that other people who write small bits every day, or whatever... Hmm, it's so annoying to think I have to put work into making sure that's up to scratch with full knowledge it's likely not even to be looked at very thoroughly, if at all.

catherinet

HSC
Just got my Reflection Statement draft back!
Meh, it wasn't too traumatic...

I think i'll be fine with my journal...
I've been writing in it consistantly.
Luckily, i'm one of those people who can have conversations with myself...
Umm, "luckily"?
Yeah?
You're "lucky" that you're a neurotic freak?
Fuck you!

*sits alone in corner and awaits beating*

- I would like to conclude, that two weeks of exams has fucked me up... but sadly, this is just how i am.

hmmm

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
Just got my Reflection Statement draft back!
Meh, it wasn't too traumatic...

I think i'll be fine with my journal...
I've been writing in it consistantly.
Luckily, i'm one of those people who can have conversations with myself...
Umm, "luckily"?
Yeah?
You're "lucky" that you're a neurotic freak?
Fuck you!

*sits alone in corner and awaits beating*

- I would like to conclude, that two weeks of exams has fucked me up... but sadly, this is just how i am.

hmmm
lol ok...

Think of it this way, once you finish it and hand it in at the end of next week or whenever you will have completed a whole 1 unit for your HSC before most others! :band:

catherinet

HSC
:) awesome!!
I'll have 9 units!
I have no idea how people can do >10 units
I can't even cope with getting half arse marks in 10 units
lol

diametric

HSC
got RS draft back. mostly positive review. just need to make some additions/changes. gonna do the same with my MW this weekend.
oh. and. my teacher wants a new title. apparently it's too literal and simplistic, pfft.

and then! we're off to see the wizard.
as i drop down to FIVE units WEE.
yay for doing 4 last yr XD

hopscotchiscool

HSC
RS done, doing little touch ups (or more precisely, being completely paranoid over it) But still, the whole marking and scaling process really does my head in. :spzz:I'm relatively happy with my internal mark and just hope my external one will be bloody knock-your-socks-off brilliant. I've come to the conclusion that I'll just 'do good' and hope the markers will like it.

-I think I'll have a good, long cry when this is over.

MzBiiBii

HSC
If I do a story do I have to put a bibliography?
and where do I put my word count ? :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)