First Impressions of Uni (1 Viewer)

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
Do you deny that there are some people who just enjoy seeing others in pain?
nah, I do deny that someone like that spends their time on BoS though. What I also don't deny is that trolling is really easy on online forums where you have anonymity.

Kolmias

HSC
...?

Are you actually defending someone who says shit like this

"I want to be there when they're [humans] in pain so I have some entertainment."

There's nothing wrong with people in this thread discussing psychology.
Is responding to trollbait an adequate response to this situation? It only escalates the situation.

Flop21

HSC
Is responding to trollbait an adequate response to this situation? It only escalates the situation.
What on earth are you talking about? Stop trying to make an issue out of nothing.

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC
"Alright, I'mma walk into my lecture, sit down next to someone and introduce myself to them!"
*Walks in, sits down next to someone.*
*Looks ahead for the rest of the lecture.*
everytim... any advice?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
"Alright, I'mma walk into my lecture, sit down next to someone and introduce myself to them!"
everytim... any advice?
Come in early or sit near the back and start a convo.

Depending on the lecture, you might be able to talk at the back quietly to someone.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
everytim... any advice?
I reckon it's better not to introduce yourself at the start but at the end of the conversation. Start your conversation by saying something else (maybe about the subject you're doing) and then end it off with "by the way, my name's ______ and if you need anything just say".

Flop21

HSC
The big thing I've found is there's so much work to be done OUTSIDE of class. And the fact that it's confusing knowing what to do. E.g. we're just told there is weekly online quizzes... do them. Even though we've had no tutorials or anything.

Flop21

HSC
everytim... any advice?
Come in early, like 10 mins before lecture or something. People will be there, either waiting outside (notice lots of people standing alone) or sitting inside. It's easier to talk to someone when they're waiting outside though.

When you're sitting next to someone, just think of something to say about the class, then after that ask what they're name is. Then after you say nice to meet you and crap, just talk about whatever, get to know them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)