FML my sem 1 2011 timetable is a piece of shit thread (1 Viewer)

Odyssey2001

HSC
i don't know lost the sheet....:p surely it will talk about it during week 1 lecture., if your unit is effected.
Not a strike -_-, I remember the one last year (or was it the year before?) when they stopped cars getting into the uni to give them flyers and we "had" to stop for them. The traffic trying to get into the uni that morning was insane.

Lou283

HSC
Not a strike -_-, I remember the one last year (or was it the year before?) when they stopped cars getting into the uni to give them flyers and we "had" to stop for them. The traffic trying to get into the uni that morning was insane.
I remember that - I got the bus but the traffic and congestion was a nightmare!

Ziva

Banned
HSC
For Econ203 all tutorials are full.. am i screwed? what do i do?
econ203 (was called econ200 when I did it) doesnt really have tutes they are more like seminars

they don't mark attendance, you can go to any

HSC
Anyone doing BBA111 this semester?

All the links on blackboard are for semester 2, 2010 and I have tried emailing the lecturer in charge of the unit re: unit outline and textbooks but was unhelpfully told that everything I needed is already on blackboard!

Ritz1024

HSC
N/A
^funny you said that, econ110 unit outline on blackboard dated back to 2008!

Lou283

HSC
There seems to be weird things going on with unit outlines and even the online units on blackboard. Two of my units haven't even turned up on the blackboard yet and one of them I have a lecture for tomorrow. Another says the unit outline will be up by Friday 18th Feb which has obviously been and gone.

thora

HSC
im doomed... all the lectures & tutorials for econ241 are filled.... :( what should I do? I tried to contact the convenor but my email address wouldn't work (i'm entering from SIBT and this is my 1st sem at uni)

Ritz1024

HSC
N/A
doing econ241 as well don't worry. This taken from blackboard message:

"The ECON241 lectures are currently full due to an unexpected 35% over-enrolment. Steps are being taken to find extra lecture capacity. If you are enrolled, but not registered in a lecture, or if you are unable to get a seat at the lectures in the first week, you can view and listen to the lectures on i-Lecture."

Also,
"For all problems with ECON241 lecture and tutorial registrations, or access to the ECON241 web-site, please contact the ECON241 Teaching Assistant (TA) and Web-Master, Ariadne Katsouras. For Ariadne's contact details, click on the Staff Contact Details link below. (Ariadne's phone number has changed. Her previous phone number was 9850-8495. Her new phone number is 9850-8489.)"

Ritz1024

HSC
N/A
Thora, fyi more spots for lecture and tutorial registrations available now.

Kralex

HSC
Hey so when should we skip lectures lol?

One of my tutors said it'll kick in around week 4, a lecturer said shorter (she sounded pretty cut up about it but admitted it was inevitable)

Some guy I met skipped lectures the whole of last year and is doing fine.

Last edited:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Most people drop off around week four or five, then it pick it up again right before the exam. You can get away without going to any for some subjects.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Hey so when should we skip lectures lol?

One of my tutors said it'll kick in around week 4, a lecturer said shorter (she sounded pretty cut up about it but admitted it was inevitable)

Some guy I met skipped lectures the whole of last year and is doing fine.
Got Ds pretty easily by skipping lectures and doing tute work instead

thora

HSC
Thora, fyi more spots for lecture and tutorial registrations available now.
thanks again mate ;) my timetable is perfect now, i just need to come to school 3 days a week (tue, wed & thu) and i can still work on monday. Yay!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)