Hi everyone,
The subjects that I am doing right now (yr 11) are:
  • Advanced English
  • legal studies (distance)
  • modern history
  • ancient history
  • visual art
  • textiles
The subjects I am the least confident in is textiles and visual arts,,, I'm definitely dropping textiles but I also want to drop art so the school is allowing me to change from art to food tech however only if the food tech teacher agrees. The food tech teacher told me the content is really hard but honestly, I looked over the syllabus and it seems easy and enjoyable as I have also done food tech from year 7 to 10 ( I have background knowledge)

My food tech grades were around 78-85 last year meanwhile my art grades this year are 65-78 which I know is not great because it scales so low... if I do join food tech though I will need to catch up on all the content as well the two assignments given on term 1 and 2 and I'm not really sure if it's worth it... I talked to a couple of friends and they advised me to try for food tech but right now I'm currently on the fence (but definitely leaning towards food tech) ... I would definitely choose both food tech and art if I had the choice however they are sadly on the same subject line.

Any advice is welcome please help!

Eduard_Khil

CASIO fx-82ES PLUS
HSC
N/A
Joining a course mid-way especially Term 3 is never a good thing, it's easier to improve, but that being said, Art (from my perspective) is something that is hard to improve at because ultimately there's always people that are born with a talent to make art pieces of exceedingly high quality.

glhf

kitty15003

HSC
Update:

I talked to the teachers of each subject and they advised me to stay in art.

(And also the headteacher was really against me changing lol so looks like I'm stuck with art!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)