For those who believe that homosexuality is genetic (1 Viewer)

Gedi-Master

HSC
What is the natural law, as a third year biology student I have never heard of this concept?
I suggest using an online dictionary,

but i went and found some definitions for you, here are some examples:

Legal Dictionary

Main Entry: natural law
Function: noun
: a body of law or a specific principle of law that is held to be derived from nature and binding upon human society in the absence of or in addition to positive law

Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law, © 1996 Merriam-Webster, Inc.

natural law
n. A law or body of laws that derives from nature and is believed to be binding upon human actions apart from or in conjunction with laws established by human authority.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2009 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Cultural Dictionary

natural law definition

The doctrine that human affairs should be governed by ethical principles that are part of the very nature of things and that can be understood by reason. The first two paragraphs of the Declaration of Independence contain a clear statement of the doctrine.

The American Heritage® New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition
Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Company.

I hope that this is of help to you!

:spin:

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
I suggest using an online dictionary,

but i went and found some definitions for you, here are some examples:

Legal Dictionary

Main Entry: natural law
Function: noun
: a body of law or a specific principle of law that is held to be derived from nature and binding upon human society in the absence of or in addition to positive law

Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law, © 1996 Merriam-Webster, Inc.

natural law
n. A law or body of laws that derives from nature and is believed to be binding upon human actions apart from or in conjunction with laws established by human authority.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2009 by Houghton Mifflin Company.

Cultural Dictionary

natural law definition

The doctrine that human affairs should be governed by ethical principles that are part of the very nature of things and that can be understood by reason. The first two paragraphs of the Declaration of Independence contain a clear statement of the doctrine.

The American Heritage® New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition
Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Company.

I hope that this is of help to you!

what does this have to do with homos?
incase you didnt know, homosexuality is present in nature.

Gedi-Master

HSC
Well, there is no scale of how fictional something is, it's just fictional or it's not. There are parts of the Bible that can be scientifically proven to be entirely fictional, just as Star Wars is entirely fictional.
Which parts of the Bible?

(Still respect your opinion)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
okay, but that doesn't really relate to why I shouldn't have homosexual sex?

As far as natural goes, homosexuality is widely documented among various animal species, the appeal to nature is a logical fallacy Appeal to nature - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, and as one of the definitions you provided says, natural law must be justified by reason, and appeal to 'natural law' is no more substantial an argument than if I were to say you shouldn't do something simply because of 'Australian law', with no reference to relevant legislation, or reasoned justification as to why this law is correct.

I mean I could use the reproductive organs only for heterosexual, unprotected sex. Or I could have other kinds of sex. I don't really see what difference it makes.

tl;dr
read this Appeal to nature - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia if nothing else

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
Can you guys just stop responding to Gedi-Master. Either he's trolling you all or he's a deluded virgin fuck who thinks African AIDS babies shouldn't be allowed to have sexual relations.

Either way it isn't going anywhere. And he isn't raging so continuing to respond to him isn't providing me with laughs ergo STOP DOING IT.

Gedi-Master

HSC
okay, but that doesn't really relate to why I shouldn't have homosexual sex?

As far as natural goes, homosexuality is widely documented among various animal species, the appeal to nature is a logical fallacy Appeal to nature - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, and as one of the definitions you provided says, natural law must be justified by reason, and appeal to 'natural law' is no more substantial an argument than if I were to say you shouldn't do something simply because of 'Australian law', with no reference to relevant legislation, or reasoned justification as to why this law is correct.
read this Appeal to nature - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia if nothing else
Thanks heaps, I actually didn't know that appealing to nature was seen as being so insubstantial! Thankyou also for showing this to me without completely cutting me down too!

However, I wasn't exactly refering to examples that exist within nature (ie. within other animals),

Rather that it is recognised by people's ethical intuition (Something that makes up a human) that certain behaviours are wrong because they are unnatural,

an example of this within the same field, is that we perceive intuitively that the natural sex partner for a human, is another human, not an animal.

So to, using the same reasoning, we can see that the natural sex partener for a man is a woman, and the natural sex partner for a woman is a man.

We can also see that this is the case through the anatomy of the human body and the way that the male and female anatomy compliment eachother, which isn't the case for homosexual acts

Also homosexual acts are sexual acts that don't allow for reproduction, and seeing as reproduction is the primary function of sex, and that you shouldn't remove the functions of sex from sex, then homosexual acts shouldn't be practiced

Thanks again for showing the above, and in the manner that you did it!

:)

Last edited:

Gedi-Master

HSC
I mean I could use the reproductive organs only for heterosexual, unprotected sex. Or I could have other kinds of sex. I don't really see what difference it makes.
I'm not being rude or anything, but did you read the previous few pages? if so what was it that you had a problem with?

:)

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I was backstage at a festival in Germany, talking to cute fair-skin brunette...

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
She asked me if I had a favorite song; I admitted that I'd never actually heard them, but I like K.D. Lang

Garygaz

HSC
i think gays are just irl trolls who butseck for the lolz and to get christians and conservatives butthurt (pun intended).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)