• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Formal Hair (1 Viewer)

chunG-li

HSC
okay, this is directed to the asian girls/guys out there which natural black hair, cos my formals coming up in like two weeks, im thinking of dying my natural black hair to black. LOL this may sound a lil awkward, but for those who know what im talking about, will it work? cos ive never dyed my hair before, and i was wondering if anyone with asian hair here has actually done it before?

p.s and if so, can you tell me what brand you used please?

muzeikchun852

HSC
emo.. one question, why are u dying ur hair to black, since ur own natural colour is black? :speechless:

anyway, the brand i used a few times are l'oreal paris. quite good. in ur case, i will suggest u to get the one without ammonia, which last 28 washes.

but an alternative is that u can buy the japanese brand spray on colour, the colour can be wash and it wont damage ur hair.

Cee.

HSC
Dying your hair black will make it even more blacker and goth-like if you have extremely pale skin. Honestly, it's a waste of money if you have black hair already.

chunG-li

HSC
Dying your hair black will make it even more blacker and goth-like if you have extremely pale skin. Honestly, it's a waste of money if you have black hair already.

no, i want my skin to look paler. plus, i want to change my hair colour without having to use bleach and i dont want ugly regrowth therefore i ended up with choosing black. though i dont know if it would work, but doesnt look like you have tried it before seeming you are pretty pessimistic about it.

Amogh

HSC
N/A
okay, this is directed to the asian girls/guys out there which natural black hair, cos my formals coming up in like two weeks, im thinking of dying my natural black hair to black. LOL this may sound a lil awkward, but for those who know what im talking about, will it work? cos ive never dyed my hair before, and i was wondering if anyone with asian hair here has actually done it before?

p.s and if so, can you tell me what brand you used please?
lol do you really think this fits in the "Year 10 School Certificate" section

Cee.

HSC
no, i want my skin to look paler. plus, i want to change my hair colour without having to use bleach and i dont want ugly regrowth therefore i ended up with choosing black. though i dont know if it would work, but doesnt look like you have tried it before seeming you are pretty pessimistic about it.
I have tried it once to cover my dye regrowth. I ended up looking like a goth chick. I recommend using dark brown hair dyes or something like that. But yeah, whatever suits your preferences.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Umm... just keep your hair the way it is. If you don't want bad regrowth just dye it purple-black or blue-black so at least there is a slight difference and a lower chance of disappointment incase you dye your hair black and see you've wasted $15-$20 for hair that's exactly the same.

occer

HSC
N/A
Why would you go Black -> Black?

Hair dye always looks god-awful on men anyway.

occer

HSC
N/A
Yeah I know, I have no idea why asians want to be rangas.

ay0_x

HSC
Yeah I know, I have no idea why asians want to be rangas.
They don't. They try to dye their hair blonde but because their hair cuticle is so strong + coarse + dark, it doesn't take properly, and turns a ranga colour. They need really strong bleach.

Usually a hairdresser won't dye hair blonde for Asians , so they do it at home. Instant ranga!

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
if anything you should put the slightest maroon-tinged wash out colour in it that a lot of asians have

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
why not?

most asians i see have this... and i think it looks alright?

johony

HSC
why not?

most asians i see have this... and i think it looks alright?
this is half of the problem
i don't think any dye in asian hair looks good personally, even if it's as subtle as subtle can be

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
well yeah of course i reckon natural asian hair looks the best
but if she absolutely HAD to do anything to it, i spose she could do that

but yeah if i were her id leave it natural

chunG-li

HSC
yeah but see, even if i want to put the slightest tinge of colour in my hair apart from black, i would have to bleach it first and im trying to avoid that.

but do you know a brand that you can just put on asian hair straight away and dye it another colour successfully? if so that would be very exciting... =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)