France rejects veiled Muslim wife (1 Viewer)

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
From BBC News

France rejects veiled Muslim wife

A French court has denied citizenship to a Muslim woman from Morocco, ruling that her practice of "radical" Islam is not compatible with French values.

The 32-year-old woman, known as Faiza M, has lived in France since 2000 with her husband - a French national - and their three French-born children.

Social services reports said the burqa-wearing Faiza M lived in "total submission to her male relatives".

Faiza M said she has never challenged the fundamental values of France.

Her initial application for French citizenship was rejected in 2005 on the grounds of "insufficient assimilation" into France.

She appealed, and late last month the Conseil d'Etat, France's highest administrative body which also acts as a high court, upheld the decision to deny her citizenship.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7503757.stm
Don't know who is stupider ...

This woman for choosing to wear a burka ...

Or the French authorities for denying her citizenship over it.

Last edited:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
bigboyjames said:
Don't know who is stupider ...

This woman for choosing to wear a burka ...

Or the French authorities for denying her citizenship over it.
The woman.. the French authorities aren't stupid at all. Their decision makes perfect sense and I support it 100%. We would all be better off if we followed a similar methodology here in Australia.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
The woman.. the French authorities aren't stupid at all. Their decision makes perfect sense and I support it 100%. We would all be better off if we followed a similar methodology here in Australia.
please back up your point as to why the french are not stupid?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
bigboyjames: Basically, every country has criteria for citizenship, as well as a quota. They are not about to give a radical Muslim citizenship in a country that already has significant trouble with Muslim extremists, when they could instead give it to somebody far more likely to assimilate.

It's not like they're saying "we won't let you in even though there's nobody to take your place", but even then such a decision would have certain merit based on what I said above about racial tension.

France has far more pressing and concerning problems with Muslims than Australia ever will; don't confuse the two.

Captin gay

Supremacist.
HSC
Shouldn't have gone and colonized the black muslim lands then, fucktards

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Captin gay said:
Shouldn't have gone and colonized the black muslim lands then, fucktards
Hahaha. It's funny because it's true.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Slidey said:
bigboyjames: Basically, every country has criteria for citizenship, as well as a quota. They are not about to give a radical Muslim citizenship in a country that already has significant trouble with Muslim extremists, when they could instead give it to somebody far more likely to assimilate.

It's not like they're saying "we won't let you in even though there's nobody to take your place", but even then such a decision would have certain merit based on what I said above about racial tension.

France has far more pressing and concerning problems with Muslims than Australia ever will; don't confuse the two.
i know that. but that's not the reason that the authorities gave. what kind of reason is "insufficient assimilation". please, i want to know how to assimilate as a french. i really do.

on one hand the same people talk out of their back side about "freedom" this and "freedom" that, that this society upholds. this just shows the hypocrisy of this freedom.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
I don't get it...if the husband misses her he can just get three more as a replacement...

banco55

HSC
bigboyjames said:
i know that. but that's not the reason that the authorities gave. what kind of reason is "insufficient assimilation". please, i want to know how to assimilate as a french. i really do.

on one hand the same people talk out of their back side about "freedom" this and "freedom" that, that this society upholds. this just shows the hypocrisy of this freedom.
She doesn't have a right to french citizenship. The national interest should be the first consideration when granting citizenship. They should be asking: "what will you contribute to the society?". In her case she'd clearly contribute very little. It's not like there are a shortage of people who want French citizenship.

Are you saying an immigrant's ability to assimilate shouldn't be considered?

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
The French are doing it right as opposed to the English and their subservient catering to those damn Muslims.

Felix Jones

HSC
you're the idiot. since when was exercising your religion an idiotic behavior.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
MФëỹ™ said:
you're the idiot. since when was exercising your religion an idiotic behavior.
Please explain why anyone would want to year a burka

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
No one can deny the problems Muslim youth have brought to the streets of Paris.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
JaredR said:
No one can deny the problems Muslim youth have brought to the streets of Paris.
And to the prison system;)
For a country with a Muslim population of around 5%, 60% of prisoners being Muslim has to mean something...

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
They are like the Niggers of Europe.

Is that being too unkind to Niggers though?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)