Freaking out about your exams? (1 Viewer)

First years: Freaked out about your exams?

• No, because I honestly don't care.

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • No... but I should be.

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Yes, because I know next to nothing about the course.

Votes: 30 47.6%
  • Yes, but it's only standard pre-exam nervousness.

Votes: 15 23.8%

• Total voters

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
i had my bio exam today....quite tough...anyone else had bio (cencepts) today?

one more to go...

and there's an option missing in the poll which says: "yes, because i'm so freaking meant to be"

Collin

HSC
N/A
^ I did BIOL1001 when I was in first year. I thought it was the easiest piss ever.. only study I did for it was skimp through half the lecture notes; still got Credit. Multiple choice screwed me up, but you could literally bullshit the extended answer questions (so many were just common sense imo).

Finish tomorrow.. BOOYAH.

nit

HSC
hahaha BIOL1001...pretty terrible subject, but alright given no previous background in bio, I guess. A lot of it is common sense, but achieving an HD given all those random quizzes, reports and incompetent markers, followed by an even more random exam is no mean feat.

veridis

droog
HSC
stazi said:
to the psych people: don't worry, the exam will be scaled. psych has a relatively low fail rate.

and grrr i truly hate missing exams.
cmon nobody will need to be scaled, 50% is a pass people. even with no psych knowledge at all you could get half of the stats right, neuro was straighforward and subject matter was crap content wise but the questions were so loaded that you know the answer they wanted. social was nasty and the typos annoying but you all know you passed

@ameh - at least you didnt write reformation instead of reconstruction. i also think i may have wrote lyndon johnson not andrew

stazi

Nightman
HSC
veridis said:
cmon nobody will need to be scaled, 50% is a pass people. even with no psych knowledge at all you could get half of the stats right, neuro was straighforward and subject matter was crap content wise but the questions were so loaded that you know the answer they wanted. social was nasty and the typos annoying but you all know you passed

@ameh - at least you didnt write reformation instead of reconstruction. i also think i may have wrote lyndon johnson not andrew
hahah the stats? you're kidding me. that's what usually trips people up, as you need mathematics knowledge, and there'd be numerous people who didnt study maths for their hsc.
neuro was apparently very technical and specific and most people have problems remembering technicalities.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
stats was better than expected and didnt require any maths knowledge. Just going to the lecture was enough I think. Albeit, I've done Business stats but I've forgotten all of it but the concepts covered in lectures was so straightforward.

Caleb gave free Q's away like the one that was exactly like the Hogwarts example in the lec, and the 2/3 of all whatever fall within 1 SD, and another that was exactly like the quiz and the external validity etc was in the quiz too.

My God, that subject matter and method is CRAP. I could hear the lecturer's stupid voice as I read the Q. I just thought "What stupid answer would she give for this Q?" and coloured that oval in.

And how annoying was all the options being A for personality and social psych. Grrr

ok rant/procrastination over.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
what the hell?!

Do the IT people have any brains? Blackboard is down for scheduled maintenance. :/

They could at least wait till after exams.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
veridis said:

You'll do fine :)

P.S. I might've seen Malfoy leave 20min or so early today, correct me if X.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Rafy said:
what the hell?!

Do the IT people have any brains? Blackboard is down for scheduled maintenance. :/

They could at least wait till after exams.
:mad: I KNOWWWWWWWW! I know it's my fault for last minute stuff BUT i need some answers to a MC set of a questions I'm doing for my exam tomorow morningggggggg. Wahh.

Collin

HSC
N/A
veridis said:

You're kidding right? I did PSYC1001 last year, and unless they've made the exam this year alot easier.. it's not easy (for someone who's done minimal study).

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
stazi said:
hahah the stats? you're kidding me. that's what usually trips people up, as you need mathematics knowledge, and there'd be numerous people who didnt study maths for their hsc.
neuro was apparently very technical and specific and most people have problems remembering technicalities.

you wont need much maths knowledge (only means, modes and medians)

neuro was hard @ whoever said it was straight forward.

last half of social psych was easy, but the first half which mostly needed you to know what experimenter said what, was shit.

first half of personality was easy, last half was average

i wanted more 'logical errors' in stats i like those questions.

and i wanted more 'defense mechanisms' in personality

lala2

Banned
HSC
BIOL1101 was crap. Partially because I didn't study enough for it....actually, make that a totally yes reason. I think I will pass the unit, only because I needed round about 25% of the exam to pass, but I don't think I will get a credit. But other people said it was hard too, so I dunno. Maybe my 'partial' lack of study combined with the randomness of the exam.

Who put so much ecology stuff in there?! I HATE ecology with a passion and there was something like 12 marks for it in the short answers and at least a good 10 questions for it MC. Cell bio--luckily I knew half the detailed shit required for the shrot answers, but could've done better. Evolution--only one short answer so that was good, genetics was ok but what's with that microarray question?! Someone in front of me left early, and she had left that microarray question out, as the top half of the last page was empty. And microbio--disadvantages of phagocytosis?! Made some shit up about it.

Overall, worst of my three exams so far, only hope I can pass bio (sad since it was my second highest mark in my HSC), and end on a good note with maths

lala2

Banned
HSC
@ Damage Inc: Ecology was easy if you had the passion for it, but I didn't, so it gave me the shits. You mean you left out 4 out of the short answer questions? I left out one--ecology of course--and felt really bad about doing so since my personal rule is to attempt every single question (good lesson learnt from trials and HSC). Luckily it was the second question--the three marker, so I didn't feel as guilty as I could've as if I'd left out the 7-marker genes question, for example.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Seems we need a new embarassed emoticon--the 'shy' one :shy: doesn't seem to be good enough.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
i was watching the game this morning. study? what study? just finished an exam. i'm finally free!

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
me too!

아아아~~ 아리랑!! 아아아~~필승 코리아!! 오래 필승 코리아!!! 대한민guk!!

Going to take a nap soon b4 Korea v. Switzerland, gonna be awesome. :)

EDIT: So like, why is korean censored?

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
watching australia beat the cheap slimy dirty used car salesmen real estate agent cunt croats who paid off the ref and kalac for the price of fucking up vector calculus

any day mate

GO THE ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
So who's as screwed as I am for HSTY1045? I've just started studying and am already into the procrastination phase.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Just realised that there's a whole lot more in this physics exam than i thought (anyone else doing phys1001?) D:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)