Freaking Out (1 Viewer)

BiancaMaree

HSC
Well the end of year 10 is coming closer and im really starting the freak out atm.

Everyone has really high expectations of me. Being teachers, parents, class mates and myself. and i feel if i dont achieve a certain score or that im gunna break.

Im so busy with everything. Like, school, src'S, job, family, and just everything and i find it hard to hav 'me' time.

And atm we are in the middle of choosing subjects for year 11 and its just really woooah! its here.

Was wondering? To get into a B of arts, to do photography would the follow subjects be okay for me to achieve an ATAR of around 65?

• Advanced english
  • Genral Math
  • PD
  • Buisness studies
  • Visual Arts
  • Hospotality?

lychnobity

HSC
Well the end of year 10 is coming closer and im really starting the freak out atm.

Everyone has really high expectations of me. Being teachers, parents, class mates and myself. and i feel if i dont achieve a certain score or that im gunna break.
Don't just sit there, go study or something if you're so worried. And btw SC is piss easy, I didn't study at all except for history and geography and managed band 6s.

Was wondering? To get into a B of arts, to do photography would the follow subjects be okay for me to achieve an ATAR of around 65?

• Advanced english
  • Genral Math
  • PD
  • Buisness studies
  • Visual Arts
  • Hospotality?
It depends on your PERFORMANCE in those subjects, not the subjects themselves.

That said, the choices above would suffice.

Last edited:

cassieagill

HSC
Jesus if your freaking out this much now wait til your in yr 12, your gonna have a nervous breakdown

HSC
chill... end of yr 10 is in like... 5 months time.

school cert is easy. even though u do crap in school cert, u still get into yr 11... save your stress for HSC!

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Just calm down. Year 10 isn't as hard as some make it out to be.
I didn't study in Year 10, still managed to get 3 Band 6s and the rest over 85.

If someone was actually committed, they could probably get all Band 6s.

HSC
ur still gonna be at skool after yr 10 so there's no need to worry

and doesn't even matter about the SC just do it and that's it

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't freak out! SC is dead easy... you can sleep while drooling on the page and they'll give you marks for those drool lines/bubble marks... >_o I guess it shows that you're not totally incompetent that you can drool! :D

You'll be fine.

firstneg

HSC
5 months of year ten doesnt freak me out.. it depresses me to think I have to sufer for another 5 months
and for the school certficate, i'd like to say one thing, stage 5.1
i mean come on its a total joke

eddiebra

HSC
are you serious.

your freaking out over the school certificate:spzz:

The most brain dead people I know and attended school with passed the school cert. I achieved band 5 and 6 in most subjects and did not study or even care 1 bit about it. If your gonna drop out in year 10 and find work, then thats a basis to be nervous I guess, but I assume you are not.

Just chill and enjoy year 10 then get nervous and freak out in year 12.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Jesus if your freaking out this much now wait til your in yr 12, your gonna have a nervous breakdown
numero uno, *you're
numero duo, the hsc will never ruin a mentally fit person, in fact it isnt even worth stressing over, much of the hsc stuff becomes second nature in uni.
nervous breakdowns come from uni when assignments come every 3 weeks.

Don't freak out! SC is dead easy... you can sleep while drooling on the page and they'll give you marks for those drool lines/bubble marks... >_o I guess it shows that you're not totally incompetent that you can drool! :D

You'll be fine.
of course the SC is dead easy.
band 4 if you struggled in a typical subject.
band 3 or lower? dont bother going for the hsc

sc was the hardest test i have ever done seriously
lolwut

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
No one cares about your School Certificate if you have a HSC and an ATAR of 65+. I think year 10 is awesome and time just seems to fly buy... I'm going to wait until I'm a senior before I start seriously buckling down.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
The SC means nothing, as everyone else has indicated.

And yes, any subject combination would allow you to achieve 65 but the actual mark is up to you.

jirwin

HSC
You said you need 65 to get into B Arts for Photography (is this even the right course? correct me if I'm wrong I know nothing about B Arts. Arts just seem to be essays to me, not practical like Photography). Wouldn't you be best choosing Photography for the HSC if its offered. Others have indicated that 65 isn't "that" hard to get so choosing Photography shouldn't limit your ATAR that much?.

clue444

HSC
Year 10 is nothing. It's just the "HSC" for the stupid kids who want to leave school. Just relax and take it easy now while you still can, otherwise start studying subjects you're going to do next year. IMO

BiancaMaree

HSC
Wouldn't you be best choosing Photography for the HSC if its offered.
i Would Do Photography If i Could. But Its A CEC So It Wont Go Towards My ATAR. And i Dont Want To Do Any More Courses Then I Need To :)

jirwin

HSC
i Would Do Photography If i Could. But Its A CEC So It Wont Go Towards My ATAR. And i Dont Want To Do Any More Courses Then I Need To :)
Only 5 subjects go towards the ATAR anyway. It just means you won't have a back up - but 65 should be achievable anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)