• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Future Plans: What ATAR/course/job are you aiming for? (1 Viewer)

What ATAR are you aiming for?

• Total voters
HSC
Re: Who else is aiming high for next year?

Aerath said:
I think pretty much most people will be aiming high. :p
Elisa - what school do you go to?

~ I know most people will be aiming high. Perhaps I didn't phrase it well; what I was really wondering is who is going to be optimistic and aim higher than they think they can achieve, and who is "realistic" and aiming at something more reasonable. Do you know what I mean? ;)

Last edited:

ital101

HSC

Well, I'm aiming for 95, which I believe is achievable - hopefully. Not sure what to drop yet, though it might be Drama because my marks are lowest, then I'll take EE2 and have 11 units and 13 frees every two weeks. I was thinking of taking Ital Ext but I have the feeling that either SOR1 or EE2 are going to be discluded from my UAI if I take extra units or otherwise completely stuff it up - taking Ital Ext would mean I'd have a mere 10 units.

My ranks are good, I'm interested in the work and I want to achieve. BA in Global Studies (UTS)...here I come! :D

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

ital101 said:
My ranks are good, I'm interested in the work and I want to achieve. BA in Global Studies (UTS)...here I come! :D
That sounds interesting. Time to Google what it actually is. :p

HSC

ital101 said:
BA in Global Studies (UTS)...here I come! :D
That's awesome you know what you're doing at uni! I have absolutely no clue :( ... hehe I'll choose once I get there :rolleyes:

I looked up global studies and it seems really interesting (and with an insane spread of coursework!)... What led you to it? And what's its UAI reqs?

ital101

HSC

Elisa.the.Sweda said:
That's awesome you know what you're doing at uni! I have absolutely no clue :( ... hehe I'll choose once I get there :rolleyes:

I looked up global studies and it seems really interesting (and with an insane spread of coursework!)... What led you to it? And what's its UAI reqs?
The UAI required is 92+

I have always been interested in learning languages, and this is a part of the degree. I look forward to doing it, although I may complete the degree at USYD or UNSW, as UTS is only just developing the course, and the only information I have about it there is a pamphlet from the Careers Education Stand. It covers stuff like global business and media, communication, that sort of thing. I think my English skills would help and it looks really interesting. I want to be an interpreter when I finish Uni and this degree would more than qualify me to do that. The degree program is available at UNSW as Bachelor of International Studies (Global Studies). You get to complete a mix of language courses, which would be really fun per me, I think I'd absolutely enjoy it and hopefully do really well.

What would you like to do at Uni, my friend, Elisa? EDIT: Oh, you said you have no idea - sorry to hear. But I'm sure you'll think of something before the time comes! Buona fortuna (good luck)!
- Federico (Rico)

Last edited:
HSC

ital101 said:
What would you like to do at Uni, my friend, Elisa?
Hmm. English... art ... aviation ... robotics technology ... psychology ... BA Language ... Economics ... Business ... Space-studies of some kind ... biotechnology ... nanotechnoloy ...

I have absolutely no clue what I'm going to do -- so many choices! :shy: That's why I'm aiming high for the hsc. So that if I decide to do aeronautical engineering (space) or something like that, with uai 99.95, i might have the option :rolleyes:

It's naive, but i don't care... I think I'll enjoy uni :cool:

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC

Thats what i was like
But now i know that i know what 4 things i want to do i'm happy.

-Forensic PAthology (go to the USA to study cause you can just do a course in this and not have to go through the MSSB stuff
-Forensic Anthropology ANU
-Nutrition or Deitetics
-Education Secondary - English, Arts, TAS (FOOD & HOSPO) possibly primary not sure but good possibility

HSC

marcquelle said:
Thats what i was like
But now i know that i know what 4 things i want to do i'm happy.

-Forensic PAthology (go to the USA to study cause you can just do a course in this and not have to go through the MSSB stuff
-Forensic Anthropology ANU
-Nutrition or Deitetics
-Education Secondary - English, Arts, TAS (FOOD & HOSPO) possibly primary not sure but good possibility
Hehe I was so into becoming a primary school teacher a few months ago (the careers' teacher had a really inspiring leaflet :wave:), I think I'd go crazy teaching secondary schoolers, though. So you've narrowed it down to four things, that's pretty good ;) good luck in your hsc!

Remind me the diference between the two forensic things- anthropology is where it's just a skeleton left or something, right? and pathology is where you analyse how a more recent corpse has died...? I have no idea :D seems interesting, though!

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC

thats it pretty much.

Frnsc Anthropolgy = ths study of human remains in either a highly decomposed state or bone
Frnsc Pathology = The study of the dead, who have recently or still contains 90% soft tissue and determine manner of death

this is it basically

The Kaiser

HSC

Well I have to aim high to get a scholarship into medicine and/or law, think 99.5 minimum and to get that I'd have to be Top 7 within my school, which with my grades now is near impossible.

I'm aiming for 100 but unfortunately I know its impossible as the DUX of our school has practically gotten it, and the next four places are taken up by unbeatable geniuses (This includes you Aerath!), so if I get UAI 99.5 and a UMAT Score of > 200 then I'd be over the moon.

wendus

krawr.
HSC

good luck with that kaiser!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

The Kaiser said:
I'm aiming for 100 but unfortunately I know its impossible as the DUX of our school has practically gotten it, and the next four places are taken up by unbeatable geniuses (This includes you Aerath!), so if I get UAI 99.5 and a UMAT Score of > 200 then I'd be over the moon.
LOL, we'll see if I'm still Top 5 overall this time next year. =\

HSC

The Kaiser said:
Well I have to aim high to get a scholarship into medicine and/or law, think 99.5 minimum and to get that I'd have to be Top 7 within my school, which with my grades now is near impossible.

Good on you and good luck :uhhuh:
--Do you mean that you think 6 other people in your school will get 99.5+? Woah ... we have pretty different schools ;)

And there are 21 people or something that get UAI 100, right?-- It's possible, the kaiser :) Not easy but possible :D Again, good luck.. :angel:

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC

im aiming for 100.
will i get it?
no.
but if i do, i'll be happy.

either way,

i will have to study my ass of, every night.

and also, have no social life.

:p

shaon0

HSC

Aiming for:
Aerospace/Law (won't get it) :(
Aerospace (same as above) :(
Aeronautical or Mechatronics/Commerce or Science (possible) :)
The above are my choices.
Realistic UAI Aim: 95 and over.
Idealistic UAI Aim: 99+ :)
Max. potential UAI Aim: 100 :D (too hard to achieve)

Last edited:

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC

Realistically: 97+
Idealistically: 99+

Honestly, if I attain a UAI of 90 or above, I'd still be quite pleased, as long as I tried my best and reached my full potential. A UAI of 97 or above, I'll be really satisfied, and I know I have the capability of achieving it if I continue to work harder consistently and effectively. Time management and procrastination I must work on, definitely with consistent revision everyday, a let down for probably most of us.

Good luck all.

graiiciiee

HSC
Re: What UAI/course are you aiming for?

85-90

i was originally aiming for 95+ but so far, my results have been so meh that i dont think it's possible.

I was thinking of doing com/law but teaching seems good at the moment. (Y)
UNSW seems so appealing.

selablad

HSC

UAI...99 or so? 98? OP1 would be good. Anyway, I want to do some combination of physics and computer science, and right now ANU sounds awesome to me (I have a friend who goes there)...but that's all I know :D

shaon0

HSC

selablad said:
UAI...99 or so? 98? OP1 would be good. Anyway, I want to do some combination of physics and computer science, and right now ANU sounds awesome to me (I have a friend who goes there)...but that's all I know :D
Are you going to do research at ANU? because that is what ANU is really reknowned for plus they are partly funded or wholly funded by the government

bored of sc

HSC

My aims are changing. Lowering. From 98 to 95. :uhhuh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)