General Thoughts: Australian History, Geography, Civics and Citizenship (1 Viewer)

burkefan

HSC
You guys are making me nervous now... I have the geoactive book, and one chapter was called 'Human Rights and Reconciliation'. I wrote about Indigenous Australian's, and the question asked something about strategies:
I wrote the Strategies like:
- The Strategy to overcome diadvantage
- the strategy to sustain the reconciliation provess
- the strategy of economic independence
- the strategy to promote recognition of aboriginal and torres strait islander rights

please tell me thats right... i asked my teacher and told him what i wrote and he said it was fine... but if the state goes wrong, how many marks/difference could it scale people up by?

Amogh

HSC
N/A
Dude, my Geography teacher said that if Human Rights were to come up, then Reconciliation would be another choice. Which is why I didn't even look up "Human Rights."

I studied heaps on Geography, only to be owned because of my ignorant teacher.
You could have linked reconciliation with Human rights imo.

my long response is so disparate
i wrote that we must:
1. promote the cause...elaborated about promoting human rights
2. overcome the disadvantages...just wrote about legislation and change in attitudes inorder to attain better societies
3. sustain the process
un convention

GG i put down spring for that mcq
lol i fail
its summer for sure =(

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
I did link reconciliation to human rights. I just talked about how the conditions and standards for Indigenous people were bad and that they need to be improved, so that they would be on the same level as other Australians, in terms of human rights.

My essay was basically that, stretched into 1.5 pages.

maryjill

HSC
FUN?
ARE YOU CRAZY
no exam is fun
hahaha
why do people think these exams were fun?
!!

I had to actually use my brain :( hahaha

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
is it just me or did history really take longer than geo
i finished geo after like 40 minutes and spent the rest on history and i still needed more time for the long response
Depends on how you went on the extended response, i spent ages on the geo extended response. Filled a whole page of extra paper. Finished at half way point and had to wait like 7 minutes after i finished history.

MzG1zi

HSC
what did ur school teach you about geo mainly

mine was human rights
waste managment
urban growth and decline
foreign aid, defence , bilateral and mutilateral aid
air quality <-- i cant believe i memorised that response at 1am
and it wasn't there
yeah anyways mainly these points
my school mainly taught us about the skills in geo this year, like grid reference, bearings and all that cause we didnt do geo last year and we were meant to learn all that stuff in yr 9.... dont ask why
the stuff that we did learn that didnt include skills was urban growth and decline, how to make a research action plan, coastal management, australia and its pacific regions. thats all i think

silence--

HSC
we spent one term on coastal
one term on waste
one term on regional links and aid and stuff
three weeks on reconciliation
nothing on human rights.

lol. luckily i looked over a textbook anyway :/

BloomyLove

HSC Hater
HSC
we spent one term on coastal
one term on waste
one term on regional links and aid and stuff
three weeks on reconciliation
nothing on human rights.

lol. luckily i looked over a textbook anyway :/

Yeah.we did very similar to that, except i missed a whole chunk in the middle in the process of moving up classes... 15 mark question on Human Right! :jaw:
i was about to murder somebody, my geography teacher infact who said we wont get an extended responce on Human Rights!! I fail!

BobMoo

HSC
yeh the tests today wer nowhere near like yesterday much harder :(

angelarr

HSC
I thought the geography section was the hardest test out of all the rest - could not find enough to BS on Human Rights.

k-k-kim

HSC
the history and geography test was sooo easy!!! i had a hunch that the geo ext response would be human rights!!! so i studied on that....but i cnt rmmbr if i put my student number on the short answer section!!
im soo stff if i didn't and i wanted a band 5/6

can we get our test back?!?!

Cee.

HSC
Definitely stuffed up in the last question of geography. I made stuff about Indigenous Aboriginals and in the end, it sounded more like a history essay than geography.

:cold:

lish2011

HSC
"I like the sound of that question. Australia's treatment of the refugees would have worked perfectly, being a current problem in Australia.
death penalty and the child sex trade wouldv'e worked well too."

Yeah I agree with the refugees but I don't exactly get the death penalty and child sex trade - firstly we don't have the death penalty in Australia and secondly I don't think the child sex trade is nearly as apparent in Australia as it is in places such as Columbia.. I don't exactly think those two were challenges to Australia in relation to human rights

Personally I wrote about refugees, social justice for minority groups eg aboriginals and aid - totally agree this was the most enjoyable exam

K

khorne

I can totally imagine the markers delight at having to mark hundreds of poorly worded, poorly research and poorly presented long responses on the refugee issue...Not trying to offend anyone here, but from what my friends told me they wrote, and from some responses, not many people have any intelligent insight into the matter, nor know anything about the policies and their relations to the UN guidelines

spriinkles

HSC
my school spent all our time on aid, coastal management and population trends.
so devo that there was nothing on population or aid, not even coastal management
we spent one lesson on human rights and reconciliation. but i was out of class for that lesson so i had a wonderful time writing a 15 mark bs essay on refugees... ugh
most of my page and a half came from general knowledge

burkefan

HSC
Going by things, not many people did study human rights... so could someone explain how much or how do they work out a scale... please? I have no idea.

burkefan

HSC
And also... does geo and history count as one result, or are they separate when they show you the results?

laila09

HSC
"I like the sound of that question. Australia's treatment of the refugees would have worked perfectly, being a current problem in Australia.
death penalty and the child sex trade wouldv'e worked well too."

Yeah I agree with the refugees but I don't exactly get the death penalty and child sex trade - firstly we don't have the death penalty in Australia and secondly I don't think the child sex trade is nearly as apparent in Australia as it is in places such as Columbia.. I don't exactly think those two were challenges to Australia in relation to human rights

Personally I wrote about refugees, social justice for minority groups eg aboriginals and aid - totally agree this was the most enjoyable exam
I'm not exactly sure how well you would have gone if you fail to understand how these are human rights issues!
Trust me doing legal in the 09 HSC has definitely ensured that I know alot about human rights. The child sex trade is one of the most prominent human rights issues and is thoroughly reccomended to do in the HSC.
It is where people travel overseas with the intention of having sex with minors. This defies a child's human rights and breaks articles 3,4 and 5 of the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights. It is a great problem across the world. INCLUDING AUSTRALIA. Australians are participating in this!
ALSO THE PROBLEM DOES NOT HAVE TO OCCUR INSIDE AUSTRALIA TO BE AN AUSTRALIAN HUMAN RIGHTS ISSUE it just has to effect Australia.
For eg. There is the death penalty in Singapore. This meant when Australian Van Ngyuen bought drugs into the nation he was executed. This meant the death of an AUSTRALIAN! Therefore it is a human rights issue for Australia. An Australians human right to life is being defied!

When you were talking about social justice issues did you discuss what human rights this was stopping or preventing? because that is essentially the most important part.

laila09

HSC
And also... does geo and history count as one result, or are they separate when they show you the results?
Completely seperate!
You will get one History mark and band
and another Geography mark and band.
They are not merged.

;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)