General Thoughts: Australian History, Geography, Civics and Citizenship (1 Viewer)

HSC
I wrote that Australia responded both internally and externally. Internally through Communist Party Dissolution Bill and Referendum and Petrov Affair, and externally based on principle of Forward Defence, through involvement in wars and participation in ANZUS and SEATO
OMG. THAT'S LIKE EXACTLY WHAT I WROTE.

What killed me was the UN. :( I wrote some BS about refugees and asylum seekers along with the UN Human Rights Charter. Women/ Migrants killed me as well.

Geography was a bit better, although I found the human rights/ reconciliation a bit hard.

I also wrote about aid, and how tied aid means that their country has to spend money on us, so its good for out businesses. And also it gives us preference to their local oil reserved, etc. And ... how aiding now will prevent more aiding in the future becuase their economy will be stable ...

I LOVED THE GEOGRAPHY EXTENDED. I wrote about land and water management ... and cane toads, and how people tried to run over cane toads. LOL.

iPhone4

HSC
N/A
North East for the wind direction, it is whatever way it is pointing my teacher told me ages ago.

I wrote about Aid, thats what our school did.

HSC
I wrote about land and water management too. It was great. I did not, however, write about cane toads...

Lina3

HSC
NO YOU ARE NOT!!! I love geography!!!! My teacher says I have to get 100 for it... but I don't think I will...

May I ask what did you get for the wind direction question? Also what issue did you all write about??
You mean the wind direction on the Australian map? It was North-East and the speed was 6-10 km/h I think. I wrote about coastal management. I did aid for the UN question, was gonna do peacekeeping but didn't feel I could write much on that. I wasn't even sure if aid was an option I could do, I only went with a multiple choice answer in one of the tests which said "Australia's role in the UN was long term and varied" and a picture I vaguely remember of Australians feeding poor African children in a textbook chapter that talked about the UN...maan I wish I'd read that chapter now xD

Last edited:

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't worry people, this is the only SC exam where we have to chance to beat RUSE!
Because 90% of the state doesn't care about History and Geo...
I reckon if you at least managed to answer all the questions then Band 5 shouldn't be a problem!

Ali95

HSC
N/A
Australia's involvement with the U.N.- I found this question to be the best of both papers many would have found it difficult but I talked about UNESCO, how we're a main contributor, own office in paris, research about doping in sport, memory of the world, tsunami early warnign system
Same here, this was my favourite question. Except I wrote that Aust. was involved in peacekeeping efforts, eg. Korean and Gulf Wars, as well as East Timor Civil War

Entertainment effects- I thought this was a fairly general question that most people could have guessed
I wrote about television and it's effects of social interaction, standards and health etc.
I wrote about television and how it provided a visual medium to the already popular radio serials. I also said that it brought families closer together as it suited a wide variety of ages (ie. comedy programs, live broadcasts, etc.)

Last edited:

Ali95

HSC
N/A
Don't worry people, this is the only SC exam where we have to chance to beat RUSE!
Because 90% of the state doesn't care about History and Geo...
I reckon if you at least managed to answer all the questions then Band 5 shouldn't be a problem!
I hope we do!!!! I'm aiming for a Band 6 because His and Geo are my strongest subjects after Eng, so fingers crossed!

HSC
This is totally irrelevant but... I am new on here :) How do you write in your siggy or whatever you call it on here, you know below your message?

queenbee13

HSC
N/A
couldn't you get extra paper? wow is like my school the only one that gives out spare booklets or something? lolol
Nooooo!! what u got spare booklets???
-____-
well the lady supervisor said the number of lines we were given is the amount that we are expected to write and not any more then that.... -____-
in my trials i wrote like on the borders, right to the edge of the bottom margin, but i wasnt sure whether i could do that in the real SC

Ali95

HSC
N/A
This is totally irrelevant but... I am new on here :) How do you write in your siggy or whatever you call it on here, you know below your message?
Go to settings right at the top of the window next to your username. Scroll down the settings bar until you reach edit signature. Click on this and voila! Hope it helps!

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Nooooo!! what u got spare booklets???
-____-
well the lady supervisor said the number of lines we were given is the amount that we are expected to write and not any more then that.... -____-
in my trials i wrote like on the borders, right to the edge of the bottom margin, but i wasnt sure whether i could do that in the real SC
my school also gave out spare booklets but I just got one for my Geo extended response conclusion xD

premskies

HSC
I wrote that Australia responded both internally and externally. Internally through Communist Party Dissolution Bill and Referendum and Petrov Affair, and externally based on principle of Forward Defence, through involvement in wars and participation in ANZUS and SEATO

exact same weo :p

premskies

HSC
Same here, this was my favourite question. Except I wrote that Aust. was involved in peacekeeping efforts, eg. Korean and Gulf Wars, as well as East Timor Civil War

I wrote about television and how it provided a visual medium to the already popular radio serials. I also said that it brought families closer together as it suited a wide variety of ages (ie. comedy programs, live broadcasts, etc.)

yeah i did television too. talked about both positive and negative impacts about it, e.g. people were able to view the first moon landing and events like that and on the other hand, less people were participating in outdoor activities and obesity rates dramatically increased and stuff like that.

maddy2013

HSC
It said "out of the following", not refer to the table... i think!
Yeah, that's right :)

OMG I totally WTF with the UN question! No one at my school had a clue, we never did that.

I made up some absolute rubbish about helping with overseas countries in time of disaster/aid, LOL.

Does anyone know what we were meant to write??

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, that's right :)

OMG I totally WTF with the UN question! No one at my school had a clue, we never did that.

I made up some absolute rubbish about helping with overseas countries in time of disaster/aid, LOL.

Does anyone know what we were meant to write??
Well, I wrote about how Dr. H. Evatt established the UN and he was an Australian foreign minister (I think)....
Australia contributed to the establishment of key sectors such as the secretiat...
Also, Australia participated in over 20 peacekeeping missions....
Helped form stuff like the Universal Declaration of Human Rights...
That's what I can remember...

leesh95

HSC
The biggest problem I had with the UN question was that it asked for one specific role Australia played in the UN and we just did some general stuff at school not focusing on one key area.

Anyway I wrote about peacekeeping. I said how nearly 15000 Australian forces had taken part in 40 peacekeeping missions in East timor and congo etc. And I also mentioned that peacekeeping forces protected civilian forces in areas with civil unrest, provided medical aid etc. to locals and helped build hospitals, roads etc.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Am I the only one who kept getting mixed up about which exam I was doing since they have the same content?

premskies

HSC
Am I the only one who kept getting mixed up about which exam I was doing since they have the same content?
I SECOND THAT! especially when it came to human rights and freedoms haha.
although i was continually switching between both exams. i finished both MC's in 12 minutes, so chose the questions i could write the most for first :L

Renegader

HSC
Ooh did anyone notice there was a weird mistake...in the question about where the greatest amount of migrants came from in 1971, in the table UK was the largest number (was like..40%) yet it wasn't an option...idk did I read the question wrong or something??
UK isn't a country, though. So I assume it was out of those 4 that were given.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)