General Thoughts: Biology (1 Viewer)

Madridismo

HSC
For communication, what did everyone put for the equipment matching up with the parts of the eye???
I said lens of apparatus = human lens
Solution = Vitreious Humour
Fine paper = retina

Brookensxx

HSC
the answer is protozoan as it said membrane bound organelles. protozoans are eucaryotic which are membrane bound. another thing look at the tail of the pathogen. it is a flagellate and protozoans are classified based on their movement.
Oh I did protozoan,

jason2kool

HSC
For McBurnet i just wrote about how he developed the clonal selection theory and that T and B cells are always present in the body in very small ammounts and are activated when the antigen comes in....
pasteur - pasteurization --> led to that whole era of hygiene, cleanliness ,etc.
- germ theory of disease, etc
koch - postulates
- first person to use vaccinations

conclusion, they all led to the shift from treatment to prevention which then resulted positively on society, less costs ,etc.

Boonyak

HSC
lol i said mcfaralane made flu vaccine LOL is that right ? ahah

Madridismo

HSC
well idk but for one i said that the flask was under the block or whatever it was underneath. i twisted the experiment in my head and it looked like a cornea. so a big maybe!!!
I was considering cornea but the lens is a lot more focused on...

For communication 8 marker, I discussed ears (cochlear and hearing), eyes (cataracts, myopia and hyperopia) and a bit on voice!

eXanimo

HSC
It was a bacterium, it had membrane-bound organelles from memory. Eukaryote protozoans do not.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
For McBurnet i just wrote about how he developed the clonal selection theory and that T and B cells are always present in the body in very small ammounts and are activated when the antigen comes in....
pasteur - pasteurization --> led to that whole era of hygiene, cleanliness ,etc.
- germ theory of disease, etc
koch - postulates
- first person to use vaccinations

conclusion, they all led to the shift from treatment to prevention which then resulted positively on society, less costs ,etc.
Did we have to include effects on society or just increase understanding of nature and prevention? :O

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
What did you guys answer for the MC one that had the picture of the pathogen and was like which pathogen is this? Cause I was confident in my answer but my friend answered another one so I'm really confused. Lol

It was a bacterium, it had membrane-bound organelles from memory. Eukaryote protozoans do not.
Eucaryote = membrane-bound organelles

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I said lens of apparatus = human lens
Solution = Vitreious Humour
Fine paper = retina
Exactly what I did, said the lens, were the LENS of human eye at differing accomodation states, retina as the paper and the water as vitreous humour :D

And put Protozoa for Giardia as people are talking about. I think I got the mature xylem MC wrong though.

jason2kool

HSC
Did we have to include effects on society or just increase understanding of nature and prevention? :O
always better to relate everything back to society lol
but nah you didnt need to

desmol

HSC
haha giardia was one of my examples for a protozoan anyway so I knew without needing to work it out :)
I knew it was something beginning with 'p' and it couldn't be a prion because they're rod-shaped so hehe..

jason2kool

HSC
what everyone put as an enzyme, i totally forgot so i just wrote lol part of a liver haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)