General Thoughts: English–literacy (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
How'd you find the exam? Share your thoughts here

Last edited:

goodie10

HSC
N/A
It was good, I enjoyed it. Especially the creative writing.

tobbinator

HSC
Wrote yet another depressing story for the creative writing bit. Just like I do in every test.

Eg155

HSC
mutiple choice was a breeze. Creative writing... mmm i dunno if i wrote the right thing. It was more of a reminiscence rather than an story :L

lath

HSC
mutiple choice was a breeze. Creative writing... mmm i dunno if i wrote the right thing. It was more of a reminiscence rather than an story :L
same here :p

Lina3

HSC
Multiple choice was good except that question on why 'change' was italicized...the creative writing was alright

Laeth01

HSC
I thought some of the MC was tricky at times.

I really liked the creative writing and the story ones though, i chose the "memories carry me along" one and wrote about some dude who is on this untaken path and feeling nostalgic moments because he left his family..or something like that.

What did you guys choose/write about?

lath

HSC
Multiple choice was good except that question on why 'change' was italicized...the creative writing was alright
is the answer it can be interpreted in 2 ways?

Year10er

HSC
I wrote about a woman who drank and drive and killed her sister in law, and her family hated her when they found. So, she was all alone and I wrote about how she reflected on the good times she had with her family before they left her.

goodie10

HSC
N/A
I think in the creative writing a majority of people wrote depressing scenarios

HSC
The multiple choice and short answers were alright but my story was TERRIBLE! I wrote about some kid whose family split up and now lives with his step-mum who he hates and his dad. I used the line about the photograph and yeh, he's looking at that thinking of how things used to be. WORST STORY I HAVE EVERY WRITTEN!!!!

Lina3

HSC
is the answer it can be interpreted in 2 ways?
I had that one at first, but I think it said 'several ways' so I dismissed that one...ended up going with the option that said something like 'emphasized the personal voice that was to come' but it's probably wrong -_-

Year10er

HSC
Also, what did you guys write about that letter thingy to the principal about that character's hardships.

I wrote about how admirable it was about she dealt with her family problems the way she did, and how it is important to hear her in a school full of those values, and the rest was BS.

Lina3

HSC
Also, what did you guys write about that letter thingy to the principal about that character's hardships.

I wrote about how admirable it was about she dealt with her family problems the way she did, and how it is important to hear her in a school full of those values, and the rest was BS.
ummm I though Anh Do was a guy??

Swirlymist

HSC
I have a problem where I have to either kill or harm a character in each and every one of my creative writing pieces. I hope I did well in this one because I managed to kill two characters. I thought english was good, I didn't like the letter though. Mine felt a bit too cliched and I couldn't fit anything unique in, I felt like I was writing the type of thing that everyone would hand up. Just wrote a bunch of crap and waffled on about how inspirational and great the guy was.

Laeth01

HSC
I have a problem where I have to either kill or harm a character in each and every one of my creative writing pieces. I hope I did well in this one because I managed to kill two characters. I thought english was good, I didn't like the letter though. Mine felt a bit too cliched and I couldn't fit anything unique in, I felt like I was writing the type of thing that everyone would hand up. Just wrote a bunch of crap and waffled on about how inspirational and great the guy was.
Exactly what i did. I'm pretty sure i repeated, my self a few times just to fill the whole letter out. don't like leaving blank space :(

premskies

HSC
pretty good exam actually. expected more difficult writing tasks..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)