General Thoughts: English Advanced Paper 2 (Modules) (1 Viewer)

Mysterious X

HSC
Section 1 - Frankenstein/Blade Runner was pretty good. I talked about how a sense of identity is found by exploring human identity and what it means to be human, and how the values at the core of that question were what created a sense of identity. Talked about how unnatural creation and the "god complex" experienced by Frankenstein and Tyrell disrupted the natural order and balance of things.
Section 2 - Hamlet....fuck!!!!!! Such a painful question, I talked about the loyalty of Hamlet to his father, and how this loyalty was integral to the development of the themes of melancholy and indecision. I probably stretched it too much and did shit in this one, others who did Hamlet should tell me if this is a valid way to intepret the question (y).
Section 3 - Justice Game, not too bad. I talked about how whilst conflicting perspectives contribute to a variety of intepretations (or whatever the question said exactly), that if one perspective is more heavily biased in a text, that the variety of intepretations significantly narrows. And yeahh.
What do you guys think of how I attacked the questions? Thank god English is over!!!! Worst subject ever :p

Last edited:

rattus69

HSC
For Module A I had Richard, I think the question sucked.. so I did that last lol. Only had 22 minutes for that section but I managed to write 3.5 pages. Prob won't get very good marks for it cos the question tripped me up. For Module B - Spent an hour on this section, my speeches were perfect for the question so I was happy, did about 8 pages (did Aung San Suu Kyi & Bandler) For Mod C - Spent 35 mins or so on this section, was pretty happy (had Ted Hughes) So all in all im pretty content, just glad it's over. I write pretty god damn slow too lol.

gvperro

HSC
wow what an easy exam. wrote 14, 16, 16. crazy hectic writing the whole time. yay!!

tonyharrison

HSC
questions were good. I thought that they'd have at least some weird cryptic question like they usually do..."disruption and identity" was a bit weird tho...Glad they gave us easy questions compared to that bullshit in paper 1

Last edited:

redfield

HSC
at least i wasnt conceived in a dirty $5 a night hotel/motel by your dirty prostitute mother

Not a very nice thing to say, Gabe! As for number of pages, I wrote 16, 16, 18. But I write small, so that's why it looks like I didn't get so much done.

Last edited:

lauragilmour101

HSC
Does anyone remember the question they asked for Hamlet? All I remember is that it was about loyalty.
the hamlet question: through its portrayal of human experience, shakespeares hamlet reinforces the significance of loyalty. to what extent does your interpretation of hamlet support this view? in your response, make detailed reference to the play.we got to keep our booklets. did noone else?

j_katz91

HSC
Not a very nice thing to say, Gabe! As for number of pages, I wrote 16, 16, 18. But I write small, so that's why it looks like I didn't get so much done.
umm you wrote 16,16 and 18 and youre saying it doesnt look like u got much done?!!!! i only wrote 6-7 for each and i have quite large writing!!!!

i actually liked paper 2 i am very surprised but relieved to say....paper 1 screwed me over and scared me for the rest of my exams, so im very glad that paper 2 was quite alright :)

monsters

HSC
i loved all the questions, they were written in such a way that they still played to what we've learnt but you had to be able to deconstruct them and flesh it out in order to nail it on the head. we knew it, but the board of studies likes to disguise it.

123ash

HSC
i got brain drained for section 2 and could not write much.. but other sections were quite good.

Dannnyku

HSC
Module A question for Richard/Looking for Richard had to be worked around...
"ambition and identity." annoying.
other than that, all good :sun::sun::sun:

robraguse

HSC
i thought it was pretty good, considering they were all essays. i stuffed up section 2 a bit though... ah well

Lil Joe

HSC
i'm still unsure about module C conflicting perspectives question...

what were we really meant to write?

could i just say that the composers position us to

develop our own judgements/insights about the conflicts?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)