General Thoughts: English Advanced Paper 2 (2 Viewers)

anlee

HSC
N/A
I hated that it was ONE related text for module C instead of at least ONE

Yeah I prepared for TWO for mod C!!!!

maryroser

HSC
Module B was so stupid. i'm sure heaps of people did well but it all just comes down to luck, on whether you had prepared an essay with it in it. I did Yeats and i can safely say that nobody in my school would have had among school children in a prepared essay. so stupid!

does anyone know, do they scale the tests depending on the difficulty in applying the text to the question? ie. if the average for hamlet was significantly higher than that for Yeats would they bump the Yeats marks up?

abc123yoyo

HSC
fark module B was like WTF??? thought they never selected speeches.. Well GG I was wrong.

But i bullshitted. I said that the closing statements didn't impact on my judgement.. then I wrote out whatever I memorized from the night before.
Id hate to shatter your dreams but it sounds like u didnt answer the question which might limit u to B range, but in saying that my answer was pretty shit

Elliee

Crazy Kid
HSC
Frankenstein/blade was very good, as was smithsonian website for mod C, hamlet was the most stupid question i have ever seen so fucked.
Agreed.... Hamlet was truly awful!!

DVDVDVDV

Premium Member
HSC
Re: WORSE PAPER EVER MADE .... Thoughts?

I actually found that the Hamlet question wasn't so hard, except that I'm no good at writing personal responses (I just put I's in around the place and hope it cuts it). Our teacher basically went through just about every different form of question we could possibly get and outlined what they were after, boring at the time, but I'm so glad :)

hidie

HSC
Frankenstein/blade was very good, as was smithsonian website for mod C, hamlet was the most stupid question i have ever seen so fucked.
i agree. hamlets question was the hardest so far

mellarr

HSC
fuk my life does anyone else do In the skin of a lion? the closing scenes of that book i did not look at at all. got 19/20 for mod b essay in my trial. for hsc expecting 5/20.
yep i did it as well.

I don't know whether this was right, but i used bits of the excerpt like the racoon to suggest the colonisers and the abuse of power, the emphasis on the whole story as ondaatje's ideas of history, Patrick's development and it's textual intergrity.

:S hopefully i'll be okay

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
Module B was so stupid. i'm sure heaps of people did well but it all just comes down to luck, on whether you had prepared an essay with it in it. I did Yeats and i can safely say that nobody in my school would have had among school children in a prepared essay. so stupid!

does anyone know, do they scale the tests depending on the difficulty in applying the text to the question? ie. if the average for hamlet was significantly higher than that for Yeats would they bump the Yeats marks up?
Hopefully they'll align it fairly. I was lucky enough to study for Among School Children so I was safe...lol.

Most of the people at my school who did Yeats' were fine as well, because our teachers emphasised on doing Among School Children. But don't worry, most of the state is in the same position as you, the board will align it, this question depended too much on luck!

Last edited:

MurLach

HSC
N/A
Frankenblade wasn't -insert preplanned response here-

you had to demonstrate how, through comparison, they demonstratee distinctive contexts

a lot of the time, people plan how they blend in with each other
this one needed a bit of a contrast rather than compare

compare - they have same running themes
distinctive context/contrast - responses to these themes or perspectives on them

thats what u needed
need some on-the-spot thinking
Its not asking you to contrast them, its asking you to show how that they contrast by comparing how the themes eg. (morality, egotism, existential questioning) are represented through each composers distinctive contexts.

MetalTheory

HSC
Uni Grad
Module A: very broad question, made it easy
Module B: harder, but you could still apply it to anything. I liked how we were given the final lines
Module C: really broad question, I liked it

But I hate my organisation and writing speed! I only got 2 paragraphs for all of my essays and even then I was over time. I just crammed it full of quotes and information. So glad there's no more Advanced English!

forthehsc

HSC
after english today, i have a feeling BOS has thrown in alot of shifty things into other papers just to make our life hell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)