General Thoughts - English Paper 1 2007 (1 Viewer)

sting24

2 Radical For U
HSC
KimmorleyKiller said:
I did Inner Journeys! The question was totally arse fucked for it as well. BOS can nibble on my ballsack.
Damn straight, u took the words right out of my mouth

InSaNe066

HSC
yoakim said:
I disagree. I was talking to a past HSC English marker who told me that it is INDEED POSSIBLE to gain a band 6 response (essay/creative writing whatever it may be), with only 2.5 pages. It was from his first-hand experience and numerous responses have achieved this.
i also disagree.. its about what you write not how much.. u can write 10 pages of crap doesnt mean ull do better than someone you writes 3 pages that answer the question perfectly

katie2261

HSC
Rafy said:
Share your thoughts and opinions of the 2007 English AOS exam.

What aspects of the paper did you like and dislike? Did you consider it a fair test of your abilities?
Overall, how did you go and how did you find the exam as a whole?
Overall I think it was a pretty easy exam.. except for Text three of Section One. That confused me! Hopefully I did alright in the rest though..

i.love.my.duck

HSC
haha...i actually really liked text 3 in section one...i thought there was enough to write on...i found the first text hardest! and the journey wasn't really implicit in the second text.

and for the other two sections, i had prepared stuff that fitted really well, and I could just blurt it out...

i did inner journeys (my place), and i really liked the question..i thought it was a whole lot better than last year =)

fishy89sg

HSC
it couldve been better, but i have to think about how worse it couldve been (they could have asked ANYTHING else harder for section 3)

LaDanian

HSC
when people are talking about what mark they are going to get -- do you ever find out what mark you got out of 45 for paper one or do you just get an overall english mark (paper two) included

G

gaoOO

LaDanian said:
when people are talking about what mark they are going to get -- do you ever find out what mark you got out of 45 for paper one or do you just get an overall english mark (paper two) included
you never find out your raw marks, so you don't even know your overall total. (unless you apply to find out and don't get rejected.)

LaDanian

HSC
Oh - i'm just interested to see how i faired against everyone as opposed to in school marking. How do you applu to get the raw mark

InSaNe066

HSC
i didnt think section 1 was that bad... text 3 was ok.. the guy was just using a lot of descriptive words. it fitted really well with a physical journey.
section 2 was fukd... none of the quotes fitted my scenario.. i made it kinda metaphoric or sumthing dunno wtf i was writing lol
sections 3 for physical... WTF unexpected detours.. because Skrzynecki sat there like oo n then the migrants were like hey.. lets take this "unexpected detour"... apart from the fact the question was fukd i found some points to agree on and i just disagreed for others also ran out of time and didnt get to finish the essay.. meh. its over. NO MORE FUKN JOURNEYS.. WOOOOO

sayrah64

HSC
yoakim said:
The supervisors freaked the hell out of me, telling us to stop when we infact had 5 minutes remaining. Later she apologised :)

One of our supervisors told us all to put our pens down when we still had half an hour to go. Needless to say, the whole room freaked out.
IDIOT.

fishy89sg

HSC
sayrah64 said:
One of our supervisors told us all to put our pens down when we still had half an hour to go. Needless to say, the whole room freaked out.
IDIOT.
i duno if i heard correctly, but when i asked for another booklet, i THINK the supervisor said "english freak"

williamc

HSC
One of my mates, when asking for a new booklet, he put up his hand and goes"you know what i want" the superviser smiled and went and got one.

When i had half a page to go in one of my booklets i just held up my other hand with a booklet in it. efficiency ftw

shepshep

HSC
i didnt think the paper was TOO bad... but then again it couldve been A LOT worse..
Question 1 - Comprehension
ive always hated this section... but luckily i was able to answer the questions - including 1.5 pgs for the 5 mark question - which involved me reading all 3 texts about 4 times each before i was actually able to pick 2 of them and answer the question...

Question 2 - Imaginative Writing
i picked the 3rd quote [option c)] coz i was able to adapt it to my story the most.. even though it was still a piece of shite i managed to write 5 pages so at least hopefully i get marks for length..

Question 3 - AOS
my AOS was physical journey so i was able to adapt it to the question pretty easily. the "detours" stumped me at the start but my text was Away by Michael Gow which [for all who have read it or at least know the gist of the storyline] actually involves a family taking a detour on their way home from a holiday that was ruined by a huge storm [think june long weekend kinda storm] as it destroyed all their possessions...

~ anyways i hope monday goes better and i was pleasantly surprised to see that we were only asked to write a standard story and standard essay. glad to see no crap about writing a series of journal entries or a letter or a feature article.

best wishes for monday!

HSC
williamc said:
One of my mates, when asking for a new booklet, he put up his hand and goes"you know what i want" the superviser smiled and went and got one.

When i had half a page to go in one of my booklets i just held up my other hand with a booklet in it. efficiency ftw
Oh, man.

what-for?

HSC
i liked the exam.

text three - wasnt Rothwell just talking about how a spontaneous journey filled with the unexpected is the best way to experience the Australian landscape? thus, his reference to fragmentation, "mosaics", and all that jazz? i actually used text 3 and text 1 for the comparison question. but i do agree his verbosity is annoying.

section 2 was great, i used the first quote smack bag at the beginning so there's no denying i didnt use it as a "central idea". i learnt my own narrative beforehand so that was a relief.

section 3 couldn't have been better :) i interepreted "detours" as being the obstacles and hindrances in a journey in all my texts. pre-learnt essay =]

overall:
section I - 6 pages
section II - 8 pages ( i could have asked for another booklet but i couldnt give a stuff, so i squeezed in my ending sentence on the last page)
section III - 9 pages

my friend kept writing after the supervisor said "pens down". she had to say it like 4 times before my friend would stop, her voice rising in volume each time. it was bloody hilarious.

good luck on monday people.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
i was a bit lost when the man gave me a booklet and threw a string at me .. was guna say .. why the hell`s he throwing his scraps at me =__=" ?!

but anyway.
anything over 30 / 45 for this paper and i`ll be happy. screwed it , dude.

aQWAYNEtance

HSC
finally JOURNEYS ARE OVERRRRRRRRRR!!!
somebody tell my why section one sucked like heckkk.:burn:

ohh well despite that.
it was pretty doable.

i altered my story to suit the question.
mine was about a local experience so i took the the 2nd quote and i manipulated it so that the "other country" wasnt outside Australia but rather another "country" inland Australia.

where the "passport" became a means of gaining "empathy"

i just hope my writing was legible.

anyways bring on module A B AND C

im bored lets talk about HSC !
add me, qyg_@hotmail.com :)

RedTape

HSC
Speaking of supervisors...
Ours were quite an odd bunch.
There's the woman who got quite excited while talking about the little pieces of string.
The man who we had as a SC supervisor in Year 10, whom wears the same clothing for a couple of days and who went into panic mode when he stupidly used the 'out of order' toilet, even though a sign was plastered on the door. We heard a flush, followed by some very frantic presses of the button.
And then there was the woman who's arm was significantly bigger than the other. I know she can't help it but it was so distracting. :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)