General Thoughts: History Ext (1 Viewer)

M

MichelleV

rofl am l the only one who did the enlightenment historians (gibbon/von ranke) because their the only ones l studied D:

l felt like l sat a different exam from you guys lol
I used Von Ranke :D

thelighthorse

HSC
I found Q1 to be quite tricky simply because of the historians I'd studied - very few postmodernists, and I knew NOTHING about the History Wars - I did a lot of work on ancient historians instead, so translating the question was quite difficult. Hopefully it turns out alright in the end. In other news, it was my last exam!! *Dances*

hartmann

HSC
rofl am l the only one who did the enlightenment historians (gibbon/von ranke) because their the only ones l studied D:

l felt like l sat a different exam from you guys lol
I did Ranke too! With Bloch and Bede.
What is Post Modernism? Our teacher never taught us that! Woops....
The Second question was pretty good for JFK! Wrote about 9 pages each :)
Thank god HSC is overrrrr!!!

Phoenix 12

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey i did both Gibbon and Ranke for the first part!! I started off my argument with some nonsense interpretation of what Foner was saying, but developed a thesis as i went on, so i guess it was ok - wrote 9 pages

The second question sucked according to me, didnt lend itself to an analysis of methodology or context of historians in the Tacitus case study. Not a horrendous source, just not the best they could've given us. Its funny because i looked at the past HSC papers and all Section 2 quotes were pretty decent, except 2008! And this years quote was very similar to the 08 one so yea..=/ Wrote 8 pages

ITS OVERRRRRR THOUGH =D
I did exacty what you did!!!!

HSC
i did bede, froissart, marxism, postmodernism, and contemporary historians catherine keenan and ruth balint :)

myafanatic

HSC
Loooved Question 1 - it was kinda different so it allowed you to be a bit creative. I talked about Herodotus, Bede, Ranke, Renaissance historians (Machiavelli), Martin Bernal, Carr and Elton.

Question 2 was shit for the crusades - not pleased haha but I think I got through it okay.

itszen

HSC
Question 1 - I referred to E.H.Carr mostly and then some for Herodotus and then a little on Natelie Davis.Only write 5 and half pages for this but well over 1000-words. I even counted!

Question 2 - I waffled on this with JFK a lot.I didnt really link it the question a lot and just went on about JFK and the debates.Wrote 7 pages worth of waffling on.

THANK GOD HSC IS OVERRRRR.

anexasaved

HSC
Question 1 - I referred to E.H.Carr mostly and then some for Herodotus and then a little on Natelie Davis.Only write 5 and half pages for this but well over 1000-words. I even counted!

Question 2 - I waffled on this with JFK a lot.I didnt really link it the question a lot and just went on about JFK and the debates.Wrote 7 pages worth of waffling on.

THANK GOD HSC IS OVERRRRR.
wow you had time to count!? LOL
just glad its over as well, dont have to worry about it till mide december haha

itszen

HSC
nah i estimated it with 27 lines each page and with each line i wrote around 9-10 words so yeah

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)