General thoughts: HSC chemistry 2015 (1 Viewer)

malcolm21

HSC
N/A
(B) is clearly the answer. A condensation polymer can be two monomers long (dimer).
but do the two monomers combine to give that dimer? i cant remember off the top of my head, i went with d like most people

IamKirby

HSC
Apparently a dimer is considered a polymer of degree 2, even if it's formed from two dissimilar monomers that make it.
I highly doubt this would be the case in our exam but I guess it's not beyond the Board.

Torque

HSC

malcolm21

HSC
N/A
for the polymer mc everyones getting worked up over, a less technical way i decided between b and d is that c and d were really similar structures, and the board usually wouldnt waste 2 similar answers for no reason, so i looked between c and d and chose d lol

Anousha

HSC
Is electrophoresis a type of chromatography ? (I didn't do this for the 7 marker just asking for a friend)

Bozzin8R

HSC
What did people get for that question? I definitely used citric, and 0.060 mol/L rings a bell for some reason. Anyone want to confirm/disagree?

kawaiipotato

HSC
What did people get for that question? I definitely used citric, and 0.060 mol/L rings a bell for some reason. Anyone want to confirm/disagree?
I got 0.181 (3sf.) lol
Was the question something like 25mL citric at 0.100mol/L reacts with sodium hydroxide and avg sodium hydroxide was 41.5mL?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)