General Thoughts: Mathematics Ext 1 (1 Viewer)

GT03

HSC
I agree with whoever said that it was a really long test.

Like, looking back over the exam, it was relatively easy. But I found I was so short of time, for the first time there were questions i didn't even have time to attempt.

Question: If I'm topping 3U, but feel like I'm only gonna get about 65/84... but if there's another guy who's coming second and feeling like he's got around 75/84... how does that impact me?
positively, or not much?
lol... i'm just a little curious =P

I will miss maths. Good bye extension =]
its a positive impact since hes getting a lot of marks, your cohort's total will go up, which will help ur internal mark. In the end you will get the top internal mark whereas the other guy gets the top external mark, and you get your own external of 65 watever that aligns to...yeh.

micuzzo

HSC
did any1 post the paper here?
i want to see it

emmalou13

HSC
well im pretty sure i did pretty horribly
if i pass ill be over the moon!
but on the bright side, no more maths :)!

2013641-

HSC
I'm pretty sure the BoS hates us 09ers. Stupid new exam committee. BLAH.

Freakstyler09

HSC
I reckon the test was alrite...at least I did better in today's test than yesterday's fuck 2 unit. But Damn it still counts to 2 whole units of my ATAR:(

jhanz12

Hand.Some™
HSC
sitting for 2hrs doin nothin is a long wait.. rofl.. like half of us is sitting there just looking at the clock.. ahahaha.. extra unit.. dont need it.. :sun:

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
THe question didnt specify for radians or degrees, so i put degrees, Do you reckon ill get penalised, because that would be a bitch!!
Well 2 d.p. means radians.

If it asked for it to the nearest minute or degree, then you have to write it in degrees obviously.

I dunno, second thoughts?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
THe question didnt specify for radians or degrees, so i put degrees, Do you reckon ill get penalised, because that would be a bitch!!
Yeah, dp means radians. You can't put degrees to dp.

shaon0

HSC
Yeah, dp means radians. You can't put degrees to dp.
Nah you can put degrees in decimals but the question specified 0=<x=<2pi so needed it in radians. Will i just lose 1 mark if i left it in pi/2-atan(4/3)? I always forget the decimal places.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Nah you can put degrees in decimals but the question specified 0=<x=<2pi so needed it in radians. Will i just lose 1 mark if i left it in pi/2-atan(4/3)? I always forget the decimal places.
Hmm, so in one of our questions in 2U last year when I accelerated, the first question was this, "Find sin 2 to 2dp". School justified this to our grade by saying you can't put degrees to dp.

And yeah, I reckon you'll lose just a mark.

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
could do the binomial, last circle was a bit fudged though. think i might just hit 80 :)

EvoRevolution

HSC
exam was fairly easy, was kind of like the 4u exams easy upto the last 2 questions then got hard.

lol i also relised that i got all the probabilty right, guessed it.

expecting maybe 70 percent +

emmcyclopedia

HSC
What happes in the dux's HSC mark is averaged with the top mark in the school. So the first person will get the average of 65+75/168. that is if nobody got between 65 and 75 in the HSC. the second person would get the same mark in this case...
its a positive impact since hes getting a lot of marks, your cohort's total will go up, which will help ur internal mark. In the end you will get the top internal mark whereas the other guy gets the top external mark, and you get your own external of 65 watever that aligns to...yeh.
Thanks guys, good to know =]

hahaha don't wtf me!!
pretty sure maths is one of the greatest subjects (imo), compared to the other subjects i do.
you do ext 2.
you want a 99+ Atar.
pretty sure deep down in ur nerdy little heart you agree with my sentimental statements towards ext =P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)