General Thoughts: Mathematics Extension 1 (1 Viewer)

kev-is-red

HSC
N/A
I usually get 62-68/84, but I doubt I'll get anything any higher than 54/84, and that is very optimistic.

Question 5-7 absolutely killed me, I can't get more than 14/36. Just hope I managed a 40/48 in the first four questions at least.

Mixalli

HSC
I do 4u and found that test pretty hard, i reckon i lost 6 marks all up and i was still writing more when my "time had transpired" haha.

Seriously though, it took me ages just to understand question 5bii let alone answer it, anyone end up getting it out?

Edit-

just realised that the time WAS supposed to be negative and i got the right answer.... but me thinking it was wrong crossed it out D:

Last edited:

damo_g

HSC
Re: Holy Fuckaroni

Ended up rushing too much at the end. Did reasonbly on Q 1-4. 5,6 and 7 i did poorly.

HSC
i found that a solid paper bar question 5(a) and 7(a) which screwed me over

it was rather lengthy though, which sort of got me panicky at the beginning

Silko41

HSC
I'm ext 2 aswell and found it very hard... Question 4 circle geo was harder than the 4u one in my opinion. Buy yeh I also got about 846 am for the exponential.

evanstroeve

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah I thought it was a great paper. Attempted everything and feel confident about most things.
Though in question 1, where it asked for the exact value of , did anyone else write a general solution. I mean, it didn't give any restrictions... and a general solution is exact.
Probability was so nice.

HSC
Uni Grad

That was abnormally hard. Really wasn't expecting that. I left out like 10-11 marks :(
But I do extension 2 maths so I should be fine. 2 units of extension 1 maths ftw

taeyang

HSC

FUCKKKKKKKKKK HOW IS THAT FUCKING POSSIBLE... my mind went blank .. I WAS RAPING RUSE TRIALS LIKE 1 WEEK AGO... Holy shit there goes my HSC..

I left out Binomial Probability, A question in the fucking circle trigonometry thing, couldn't get the locus, proved the induction wrongly, couldn't get the last part of Binomial Theorem...... and a myriad of other shit..

MY GOD <40%

friend177

HSC
How'd you find the exam? Share your thoughts here.
Absolutely piss I couldn't believe there was only 3 marks worth of projectile motion all that study for nothing..and the amount of SHOW was gay. Otherwise I'm happy for an e3

nano2e

HSC
Re: GG.com

YES! I don't think anyone in my class passed that, and if so, I dont think more than 60%.

This paper was almost on par with 2006 x_x

_pizza

HSC
N/A
Pretty fucking hard tbh, made worse by some asshole downstairs deciding to play really loud music halfway through -___-. But couldn't get parts ii and iii of the earlier circle one, and the last 2 parts of the probability, and missed out the binomial bitch on q 7 altogether due to time.

Still, I'm optimistic about the rest of them, felt confident I got the right answer with all except those. But definitely filing for misadventure, that interruption made q5 go for way longer than it should've, and made me rush Q7 (although to be fair I wouldn't have got the binomial one if I tried)

muzeikchun852

HSC
i found the 3u exam's alright. but definitely not an easy exam.

jniranjan

HSC
Fuck. There goes my chance of getting into unsw computer engineering. I think I failed. I'm so angry at myself now.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)