General Thoughts: Mathematics Extension 1 (1 Viewer)

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I thought it was a great paper. Attempted everything and feel confident about most things.
Though in question 1, where it asked for the exact value of , did anyone else write a general solution. I mean, it didn't give any restrictions... and a general solution is exact.
Probability was so nice.
no there is a domain right ?

friend177

HSC
Fuck. There goes my chance of getting into unsw computer engineering. I think I failed. I'm so angulry at myself now.
Mate, you can still get in just go pawn your other exams, considering most people found this hard hopefully it will push the cut off down and the scaling up

HyperComplexxx

ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
HSC
exam was alrite but was pretty hard :S
DAM THOSE 1MARKERS IT SO HARD OLOLOL FIND Angle SNP , left it to last minute until i finally realised how to find it :(

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Re: Wow, fuck that

That was fucking hard man. I usually get 82-81/84 pretty easy in all the past papers i've done, and finished with more than half an hour left

today i was working literally right up until they said pens down. I reckon I'll be lucky to get 80/84. the first part of Q5 took me forever for some raisin although i got it out.

Part (ii) of Q5pb was just retarded. The whole question was just confusing as shit. Did anyone else get about 8.46 am for it?

Q6 was luckily pretty easy.

The rates of change just fucking threw me in Q7, it took me 10 minutes to remember the formula for the volume of a cylinder. I eventually got it out, although i'm positive I got the last part wrong. I got a cubic root or some shit.

Don't even know about 7b. I'm pretty confident I got it out. Still, hard as shit

This is a review from someone who consistently gets 80+ in Ex1 and 110+ in Ex2. It was hard
I got 8:46am!
YESSS.

Mixalli

HSC
Though in question 1, where it asked for the exact value of , did anyone else write a general solution. I mean, it didn't give any restrictions... and a general solution is exact.
has a restriction on the domain of being -1 < x < 1 and hence -pi/2 < f(x) < pi/2... or so i thought haha

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC

Sorry for that enthusiastic 'yes'. I'm just glad I got at least a few marks in this hard test -.-

HyperComplexxx

ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
HSC

that park quest kinda made me scared as well,
hmm negative time what could this mean...for like 5 min
so fcuk that i guessed and added it to the orginal time :)

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC

I would've gotten that, but i thought you couldn't have negative time, so i took the absolute value
:'(
I did that at first and then I did it all over again and quickly chose an answer.

Implying

HSC

hey for question 3(a) did everyone else get that A=0?
It made no sense to me, like, why would they say x = Acos(nt) + Bsin(nt) if A = 0?
It says it is initially at the origin so at t=0 x=0
which means Acos(0) + Bsin(0) = 0
which turns out A = 0

HyperComplexxx

ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
HSC

hey for question 3(a) did everyone else get that A=0?
It made no sense to me, like, why would they say x = Acos(nt) + Bsin(nt) if A = 0?
It says it is initially at the origin so at t=0 x=0
which means Acos(0) + Bsin(0) = 0
which turns out A = 0
i got A = 0 as well

slyhunter

Retired
HSC

Hard test I must admit but played to what I studied the night before so it's okay for me.

Tasha270494

HSC
I do 4u and found that test pretty hard, i reckon i lost 6 marks all up and i was still writing more when my "time had transpired" haha.

Seriously though, it took me ages just to understand question 5bii let alone answer it, anyone end up getting it out?

Edit-

just realised that the time WAS supposed to be negative and i got the right answer.... but me thinking it was wrong crossed it out D:

noooooo. I did that too. I took the positive time. damn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)