General Thoughts: Mathematics Extension 2 (1 Viewer)

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
For the conics problem, it seems like I missed the fact that M is the midpoint of PQ. That might make the proof a bit easier for that red part of my solutions which I didn't get to finish.

I just feel so uncomfortable bashing it out like that, how boring!

QZP

HSC
For the conics problem, it seems like I missed the fact that M is the midpoint of PQ. That might make the proof a bit easier for that red part of my solutions which I didn't get to finish.

I just feel so uncomfortable bashing it out like that, how boring!
I lose a mark for not specifically stating that M is on PQ and M lies on hyperbola from (i) right? Because otherwise I just showed PQ parallel to tangent at M. :( Or will markers understand? What do you think

mirachael

HSC
I lose a mark for not specifically stating that M is on PQ and M lies on hyperbola from (i) right? Because otherwise I just showed PQ parallel to tangent at M. :( Or will markers understand? What do you think
I doubt the markers are that pedantic. It's already given that M is on PQ so you shouldn't have to state it again.

Reactions: QZP

IR

HSC
Can someone please tell me if I can for the conical pendulum question differentiate the equivalent velocity equation from i) of the sin(phi)/cos^2(pi) to prove that v> 0 for x>0 where x>0 holds true for the cos(x) being even and >_0 for the given limits?

TOWSHE

HSC
Anyone has the paper? Please pm me thanks :)

EDIT: For the volumes with trapezium I had (Root 5) instead of the root 3 when calculating h for the trapezium ... so cause I did + instead of - do I lost all 4 marks :0 or can I get 3/4

pretty sure I got it right but had root 5 not 3
Ty

Last edited:

BlugyBlug

HSC
Can someone upload it? I'm really curious

edit thanks dan964 pg 8

kev-

HSC
For the last integration question, I left my answer as e^lnx / 1+lnx +c. Will I be marked down for this? Quite disheartening if I do =(

IR

HSC
For the last integration question, I left my answer as e^lnx / 1+lnx +c. Will I be marked down for this? Quite disheartening if I do =(
Yes man. you can even lose a mark if you write t instead of tan (theta/2). but it was definite so we are lucky.

IR

HSC

EDIT: For the volumes with trapezium I had (Root 5) instead of the root 3 when calculating h for the trapezium ... so cause I did + instead of - do I lost all 4 marks :0 or can I get 3/4

Ty
You can't change it man so why check. But if you want to be even more sad such that it will affect your next exams, I still recommend that you don't check now. I was pretty lost for atleast 4 hrs after I checked solutions and found careless mistakes. And if you still want the paper, its on page 8

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A

Ty
You'll only lose 1 mark.

Doubt it, you'll be one of the few who managed to pretty much get it out. They'll be wanting to give you marks for it.

riri109360

HSC
I am so disappointed with how I did, can anyone tell me how it will affect my ATAR if I just pass math extension 2?
I also do:
- Advanced English
- English Ext 1
- Chemistry
- Studies of Religion 1
- Math Ext 1

Will I still do alright? Will I scale badly? I ranked second in my class.
Im so depressed about my mark, I studied so hard :'(

iStudent

HSC
Just passing is pretty good... still e3 which is like 99 atar equivalent already. Doing great don't worry :)

Brightergull

HSC
I'm sooooo devastated :(.....It really sucks to know you're gonna get a mark of 65-67% when you were getting in the 80% range when you were doing past papers at home. Totally derped out and got questions i could do in my sleep wrong in that exam....I think the best preparation anyone could do for the HSC is actually master that "HSC" exam environment, not study study their ass off which definitely didn't pay off at the end :(. Does anyone know what 65-67 would scale to??????????????????????? My dreams of getting 93+ in ext 2 are crushed. fmd

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I'm sooooo devastated :(.....It really sucks to know you're gonna get a mark of 65-67% when you were getting in the 80% range when you were doing past papers at home. Totally derped out and got questions i could do in my sleep wrong in that exam....I think the best preparation anyone could do for the HSC is actually master that "HSC" exam environment, not study study their ass off which definitely didn't pay off at the end :(. Does anyone know what 65-67 would scale to??????????????????????? My dreams of getting 93+ in ext 2 are crushed. fmd
That should be a 91 or 92 exam mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)