General Thoughts: Mathematics (1 Viewer)

.N.

HSC
but it wasn't growing at an increasing rate - it had a limiting sum (i.e. it doesn't keep growing forever). Meaning yes, each year it will grow nine tenths of what it did the yr before...hence you dont add the one.
you keep r=0.9
you want it to be less each year
otherwise |r|>1, which means you can't have a limiting sum.

i concur!

Reallly? Well i still used r as 0.9 coz it wouldnt work with 1.9.... but I was just thinking about that now. But still hoping r was 0.9=]

verdades

HSC
CORRECT that is how u do it :)

and yes for the Simpsons its was 50/3 :D i'll prolly get 80/120 :\
xD I wasn't worried about the process, because I'd learnt it by rote and it's easy to recognise. I just wasn't sure with my logic explaining it because I realised I couldn't see it ending 0.-

Simpson's I know by h/3[y + 4y + 2y + 4y + ... + y]
So I used all the values they gave me. And whatever the height was. [Can't remember now]

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
It's time we all move on from the exam thoughts... I must concentrate on Maths Extension 1

HSC
hello band 4. :(
seriously, did not like the paper at all.
+1 that paper was fucked.....like literally...question 7b was a 3-unit question....why would they put a 3-unit question in a 2-unit exam....the bord of studies is just cruel
mystery mark here i come =(

mitchwong650

HSC
no its not.

N is the number of sub intervals if there is 6 sub intervals there is 7 function values...

h= b-a/n and n was 6 sorry man u lost 1 mark :\ but thye carry errors so prolly 2/3
Um, what he said was correct, 6 sub intervals relates to h= b-a/2

and when he said 7 function values he was referring to the (f + l + 4(odd) + 2(even))

in that you use all 7 values.

It's time we all move on from the exam thoughts... I must concentrate on Maths Extension 1

I concur. (Albeit my 3rd unit of math isn't counting in my top 10)

but I'm just wondering why you did the 2 U test when you do 3 U and 4 U?

najib__nicholas

HSC
rekon everything i attempted was correct (excluding that friken rollercoater thingo). although i didnt have time to attempt most of 10 or end parts of 9. :bomb:

im in yr 11 though so meh ill do it again next year if i dont do ext 2. mwahahahaha

Freakstyler09

HSC
Why do people even say this papaer is esay. they must be too cocky about it, even the person who came first in my school for maths found it hard and he usually aces almost all of his maths exams, mind you the maths exams he aces are not east and my school is like ranked around 100 last year

mitchwong650

HSC
Why do people even say this papaer is esay. they must be too cocky about it, even the person who came first in my school for maths found it hard and he usually aces almost all of his maths exams, mind you the maths exams he aces are not east and my school is like ranked around 100 last year

to be cocky is merely to be very self confident.

also, in case you didn't notice, rank 100 is still, 100th.

think about James Ruse for a second. Those kids get 100% in almost everything and have an average UAI of 90+

i'd get your rank 1 math guy to do a couple of james ruse trials.

think about these things before you mouth off about those that may be, no offense, smarter than you

absorber

HSC
I found the exam easy, although I know I've lost at least 10 or 11 marks. Does that make me cocky?

The exam wasn't difficult, it was easy questions dressed up in approaches relatively unorthodox in comparison to the papers of recent years. I think I've only ever done a couple of q10s which were easier too (not that I got full marks).

Lol at above rusers don't do 2u they do 4 unit heheh. I did a couple of ruse papers from the early 90s and I've found recent hscs (i.e. 1999 onwards) harder.

verdades

HSC
I don't like the assumption that everyone's the same [or that the guy who's obviously very good with learning and applying the material in a typical way is the be all and end all of determining a math paper's difficulty]. The paper required you to think. Anyone who could do that was fine.
I mean, sure, there were a few trippy questions and most people couldn't answer everything... But it's not the hardest, it was just different.

x3.eddayyeeee

HSC
Test was easy compared to other years.
Finished all the questions, but I know that silly mistakes will happen.
Hopefully 110+

tku336

HSC
The top people in our top 10 school found it hard.

fatgoldfish91

HSC
i thought it was really horrible :____;
hoping to god for a raw of about ~90-100
time to move on and prepare to be buttraped by extension tomorrow :(

HSC
Test was okay, i liked it.
Lasts years was ridiculous, should be a general paper.

I did everysingle question, i already know i lost 2 marks cos i drew the parabola in q3 the wrong way WTF WTF :O
im guessing 105 minimum , i ALWAYS do stupid mistakes

ailingtastic

HSC
I thought the exam wasn't as difficult compared to other years but then again, what am I talking about? Pretty sure I skipped Q7 onwards HAHA. Everyone's like "Oh no, band 4 here I come :0 Oh the pain of it all"... Not even kidding when I say that I'm expecting a band 2 so yerrrr... cool beans (y)

Whatever. I don't care anymore since it's all over now.

Contemplating on whether to just chuck out all of my maths shit or to burn it all?

Oh, & how cool were the writing booklets?! :D

absorber

HSC
I thought the exam wasn't as difficult compared to other years but then again, what am I talking about? Pretty sure I skipped Q7 onwards HAHA. Everyone's like "Oh no, band 4 here I come :0 Oh the pain of it all"... Not even kidding when I say that I'm expecting a band 2 so yerrrr... cool beans (y)

Whatever. I don't care anymore since it's all over now.

Contemplating on whether to just chuck out all of my maths shit or to burn it all?

Oh, & how cool were the writing booklets?! :D
This post is refreshing. Those writing booklets were AWESOME.

nosh22

HSC
Hey guys, I did that Simpsons rule question with 7 function values and got the right answer according to everyone I've asked.............But then I crossed it out. It can be read easily, and I'm just wondering if I can get any marks for it? I've heard you can still pick up marks if you cross it out. I hope this is true. Instead, I put down something stupid (3 function values.) Random, I know.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
i thought it was a decent exam. Not easy not hard. Did anybody notice how many times we had to use differentiation in this exam? Question 1, 2 ,6 ,7 ,8 and 10 all required it. That rolloer coast question was tricky until you realised that you needed differentiation. A lot of those question neeeded differentiation but it never explicitly stated it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)