General Thoughts: SOR I (1 Viewer)

smartalec

HSC
I'm pretty sure one of the mission statements of one of the ecumenical councils is about unification...cant remember which one though.
i think C and D are valid. in 09 they had 2 answers as well...but that was different due to the visual stimuli being interpreted differently.

HSC
Re: General Thoughts: Studies of Religion I

lol what the hell, my supervisors say they have to take it back due to some new rule BOS implemented this year. :/ What is BOS actually gona do with it though? Unless they got paid to recycle their papers or something :/

But we got to take home maths, because we had different supervisors and they probably didn't know :p
Haha yeah I asked the supervisor today an she said no i couldn't take it. But for other subs like Business and Gmaths we were allowed to take them =S

coralie1994

HSC

for Q1, i selected 'unification', I considered choosing mutual understanding but didnt... wouldnt 'mutual understanding' be a concept of INTERFAITH DIALOGUE, as interfaith dialogue aims to alleviate conflict through communication and understanding? ... well that was my reasoning of it anyway.. lol

Kimbles2011

HSC

Who thinks they will accept B and D for question 1?

dannielle_93

HSC

ehh for the christianity question in the 20 marker..i didnt talk bout bioethics! coz i didnt have time!..anyone who does christianity think i would lose ALOT of marks coz i didnt talk about that last part?..im so worried :/
I didnt know what to do so i talked about bioethics and the marriage ceremony and how the ceremony is different in each denomination because the question said something about diversity. If you answered the question i doubt they can take too many marks off you:)

D94

HSC
N/A

Who thinks they will accept B and D for question 1?
Hopefully. In 2007, they provided a Standards Package, and it showed a column graph for how many students put A,B,C,D and from which Band they were from. I reckon it will show two massive hikes for B and D, so I'm sure they'll go over it again and probably accept both.

HSC

Hopefully. In 2007, they provided a Standards Package, and it showed a column graph for how many students put A,B,C,D and from which Band they were from. I reckon it will show two massive hikes for B and D, so I'm sure they'll go over it again and probably accept both.
Oh really?! I hope they do!

rayy_bann

HSC
Hey guys this is what I got for mc. What do you guys think? 1. B
1. B
2. B
3. C
4. C
5. A
6. C
7. D
8. D
9. A
10. B
Omggggg I think I got half wrong whahhhhhhhhhh

Beachtraveller

HSC

It is not unification as they are not trying to become one or change their values to the others values. They are attempting to accept their differences and similarities and hence a "mutual understanding" in moving forward to tackle broader issues

salam s

HSC

i wrote about judaism and said that it clearly focuses on compassion even though others may focus on justice. The statement clearly gave you a choice between justic or compassion
not necessarily, you could go against the statement like i did, and argue that Judaism expresses both sides depending on the situation.

jordank13

HSC
N/A

ray ban.. you got 9 or 10 out of 10 depending on unification v mutual understanding, not half wrong

D94

HSC
N/A

It is not unification as they are not trying to become one or change their values to the others values. They are attempting to accept their differences and similarities and hence a "mutual understanding" in moving forward to tackle broader issues
But that depends on your interpretation of "unification". What constitutes "unification" in a religious sense? Unifying beliefs, gospels, stance in the community, or, forming one whole religion? Plus, the different denominations do recognise each others' differences and similarities. When Protestantism moved away from Catholicism in the 16th century, this was due to them already recognizing their differences. So, I would postulate that ecumenism attempts to unify them together after centuries of disconnection. Since they already know each others' differences and similarities, if that's what ecumenism is focused on, then I don't see the point of it.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys this is what I got for mc. What do you guys think?
1. B
2. B
3. C
4. C
5. A
6. C
7. D
8. D
9. A
10. B
Omggggg I think I got half wrong whahhhhhhhhhh
I got 1. C or D
But I usually get a few wrong. :/

How shit was the set out for section II?!
I fucking died. My three religions all had the significant person and I know nothing about Sayyid Qutb and I wrote 15 marks on him. :/

noworriez1

HSC
N/A

Pretty pissed at section 2 and 3... Both suited Christianity but I couldn't really connect what we had been taught in Judaism with the compassion question :/
u didnt have 2 mayte

it said some exhibit justice and others compassion

difference mayte

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
I'm pretty sure one of the mission statements of one of the ecumenical councils is about unification...cant remember which one though.
i think C and D are valid. in 09 they had 2 answers as well...but that was different due to the visual stimuli being interpreted differently.
ECUMENISm is about UNIFICATIOn

ECUMENICAL DIALOGUE is about MUTUAL UNDERSTANDING

answers d

sorry folks

rayy_bann

HSC

Omg 9/10?? Yeah I don't know about the ecumenism debate thing. Like I understand where everyone is coming from but ecumenism basically is the "unity" of Christian donoms. I don't know why the boardofstudies would want to make it complicated on the first question. I think "b" is the answer for q1

noworriez1

HSC
N/A

people are forgetting

there is a DIFFERENCE between ecumenism and ecumenical DIALOGUE

dialogue attempts to provide a mutual understanding between the differences in denominations FOR unification

unification is the product

mutual understand the cause

so im sorry its D

pretty straight forward i thought

also the essay:

u can say compassion or justice or both

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)